Canon Powershot G6 RAW format

Old March 20th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Canon Powershot G6 RAW format

Hi group,

I recently started experimenting with the RAW format on the Canon
Powershot G6.

I have been using JASC Paint Shop Pro version 8.10 to edit and enhance
JPEGS from the G6, and after uploading the RAW files from the G6 to my
computer, I tried to read the RAW files with Paint Shop pro.

Paint Shop Pro has support for the RAW format, but it asks questions
about size, RBG, linear formatting etc which I don't understand.
And,when I try to open a RAW pix, all I get is a picture with just the
color grey in it.

Then, I read on the Adobe site that there is a lack of uniformity of
standards for RAW formats and readers.

Adobe does offer Photoshop CS2 with the Camera Raw 3.3 plug in for only
$649.00

Does anyone know a cheaper program which will read the RAW pictures
from the Powershot G6 and enable me to do the usual cropping, color
enhancements etc ?

Any information would be helpful amd appreciated.

Dave Harman
El Paso, TX