Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Old April 8th 18, 08:40 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

Default Apple Support Communities post (was - Can Mac AdobeIllustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?)

On 08/04/2018 01:55, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 7, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 07/04/2018 21:39, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Sat, 7 Apr 2018 15:50:12 +0100, schrieb David B.:

V nccerpvngr lbhe erfcbafrf - V'z abg 'cynlvat' jvgu lbh.

Perhaps we CAN be on-line pals after all, Ragnusen! ;-)

Yet again the 'Hosts' (moderators) on the ASC site have rejected my
post. :-(

It was about this:-

https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlab...macos-backdoor
-linked-to-oceanlotus-found/

Here's what was actually sent to me by email:-

"We removed your post "New MacOS Backdoor - do YOU know about such
things?" because it was nontechnical or off-topic. We understand wanting
to share experiences, but these forums are meant for technical questions
that can be answered by the community.

You can read our submission guidelines he Apple Support Communities
- Terms of Use

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-5952

We hope you’ll keep using our Support Communities forums. You can find
more information about participating he

https://discussions.apple.com/community/tutorials

=

Perhaps Apple software *IS* more vulnerable than Apple wants us to know.

David, remove the cross post to rec.photo.digital. All of this crap between
the nymshifter, and you is off topic for r.p.d.. If you want to be pals with
him, see if you can take it off Usenet.

Followup set to c.s.m.s.

OK - but I'd like to know why you think 'Backdoors' on a Mac is "crap".

Come to c.s.m.s. and discuss it.

Followup set to c.s.m.s.

--
David B.

Old April 8th 18, 08:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,microsoft.public.test.here
David B.[_2_]

On 08/04/2018 00:40, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Again, there are three empirical categories of Apple Apologist...

1. *Unfathomably dumb:*

*Unfathomably dumb*:

2. *Duplicitous liars:*

*Duplicitous liars*:

3. *The mind of a child - but usually knows when to shut up*

To show your words emboldened, for folk using Thunderbird you must put
the right-hand asterisk immediately next to the last letter (not after a
full stop, exclamation mark, colon etc).

HTH

--
David B.
Old April 8th 18, 11:18 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 07/04/2018 13:47, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.

It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)

it absolutely is a lie. the evidence is very clear that apple pays what
they owe.

'Should' pay more. The word is 'should'. And they should pay more.
Should is different to must. It is my opinion - Apple should pay more
tax. it's not a lie.

Even an article linked to from Apple's UK site says as much (read the
para 'The U.S. rate is 35%. Why is Apple’s effective rate so much lower?').

http://fortune.com/2017/10/31/trump-tax-reform-apple-multinational-companies/

from

https://www.apple.com/uk/newsroom/2017/11/the-facts-about-apple-tax-payments/

I suspect the US language is part of the confusion here - they use words
such as sheltering and deferral as well as avoidance.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old April 8th 18, 12:36 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , RJH wrote:

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.

It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)

it absolutely is a lie. the evidence is very clear that apple pays what
they owe.

'Should' pay more. The word is 'should'. And they should pay more.

Should is different to must. It is my opinion - Apple should pay more
tax. it's not a lie.

it may not be a lie that you think that, but it is very definitely a
lie that they should pay more.

you've admitted you take deductions, which means you should pay more
taxes than you do.

Even an article linked to from Apple's UK site says as much (read the
para 'The U.S. rate is 35%. Why is Apple¹s effective rate so much lower?').

because they have very good accountants who understand the tax code
much better than you do.
Old April 8th 18, 12:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps,microsoft.public.test.here
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

To show your words emboldened, for folk using Thunderbird you must put
the right-hand asterisk immediately next to the last letter (not after a
full stop, exclamation mark, colon etc).

yet another bug in thunderbird.
Old April 8th 18, 10:32 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Your Name[_2_]

In article , RJH wrote:

[...]

Apple (and Google, and all the other companies fools whine about)
already pays all the tax it is legally obligated to pay.

If you want these companies to somehow pay more local taxes, then you
would have to change the tax laws ... and then prices of *every*
product and service will rise exponentially ... and then of course the
same whiners will be complaining that they have to pay $60 for a small
packet of butter. :-\

Business taxes in the end come out of your pocket since you have to pay
for their goods and services.

Old April 9th 18, 12:12 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
RJH

In article , RJH wrote:

[...]

Yes, I know. It's that *I* don't think the law in this case is good law.
We're all at liberty to do that. Some people didn't like slavery, rape,
murder etc - all of which were once legal in the UK, all of which still
legal elsewhere.

I wholly accept that you, nospam etc support the current law in this
case. I don't. History will prove one of us right ;-)

If you want these companies to somehow pay more local taxes, then you
would have to change the tax laws

Yes, quite. As I said earlier, EU laws are changing soon to capture more
tax from the likes of Apple sales.

.... and then prices of *every* product
and service will rise exponentially ... and then of course the same
whiners will be complaining that they have to pay $60 for a small packet
of butter.Â* :-\

Business taxes in the end come out of your pocket since you have to pay
for their goods and services.

Indeed. Could happen. or Apple could take less profit ;-)

--
Cheers, Rob
Old April 9th 18, 01:00 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , RJH wrote:

Yes, I know. It's that *I* don't think the law in this case is good law.

then work to change the law. good luck on that. until then, there is no
issue.

set an example and stop taking deductions on your own tax return, cash
out your retirement accounts now (rather than deferring taxes) and also
pay full price at stores rather than sale prices.

We're all at liberty to do that. Some people didn't like slavery, rape,
murder etc - all of which were once legal in the UK, all of which still
legal elsewhere.

where you can murder someone without any consequences whatsoever?
Old April 9th 18, 01:31 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 09/04/2018 01:00, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

Yes, I know. It's that *I* don't think the law in this case is good law.

then work to change the law. good luck on that. until then, there is no
issue.

Much as I might like to take credit, there is an EU directive tabled to
take effect soon.

set an example and stop taking deductions on your own tax return, cash
out your retirement accounts now (rather than deferring taxes) and also
pay full price at stores rather than sale prices.

I've already said - I'm a hypocrite. I just scale differently ;-)

We're all at liberty to do that. Some people didn't like slavery, rape,
murder etc - all of which were once legal in the UK, all of which still
legal elsewhere.

where you can murder someone without any consequences whatsoever?

I shouldn't think you can nowadays, accepted.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old April 9th 18, 03:08 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Your Name[_2_]

In article , RJH wrote:

[...]

I never said I did or didn't support it ... simply that it is the law
and Apple (and others) are not doing anything underhanded or illegal.

If you want these companies to somehow pay more local taxes, then you
would have to change the tax laws

Yes, quite. As I said earlier, EU laws are changing soon to capture
more tax from the likes of Apple sales.

... and then prices of *every* product and service will rise
exponentially ... and then of course the same whiners will be
complaining that they have to pay $60 for a small packet of butter.Â* :-\

Business taxes in the end come out of your pocket since you have to pay
for their goods and services.

Indeed. Could happen. or Apple could take less profit ;-)

Not going to happen, at least not in any sensible way.

Many, mainly smaller, business don't make a big profit now. Assuming
the law could be changed in some ridiculous manner to force extra
income tax payments in countries where no actual profitable income is
being made, then it has to apply to every business ... and those
businesses will have to pass on the extra costs by raising prices to
every customer, which includes other businesses ... it's a giant insane
snowball called "economics".

There's an equally stupid example here in New Zealand right now. The
morons in Government want to add an extra petrol tax to the price in
the city of Auckland (supposedly to pay for efforst to reduce traffic
congestion). What they don't seem to understand is that the extra
petrol tax will be passed on, so delivery businesses will have to raise
prices, then the companies they deliver to will have to raise prices,
etc., etc. (Plus the greedy gits in government will be getting extra
sales tax on that extra petrol tax!)

In the end it's *always* the general public who end up paying the price
from their pockets.