Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Old April 6th 18, 04:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
nospam

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

I asked a simple technical question in this thread.
Did it get answered?

it did.
Old April 6th 18, 04:53 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

then there's absolutely no issue, is there?

Yes, there is. Just because something's legal doesn't make it right.

actually, it does.

If you really believe that, you obviously don't know the difference
between legality and morality.

paying taxes isn't a moral issue.
Old April 6th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Fri, 06 Apr 2018 01:31:10 -0400, schrieb nospam:

the nymshifting troll is spewing his usual garbage, as are you.

Notice two things, as always, with the Apple Apologist nospam.

1. Yet again, nospam fabricated fictional Apple functionality.
2. When called on that fabrication by an adult ...
3. He attacks anyone calling him out on his incessant fabrications.

Sound familair?

Jolly Roger ... are you reading this also?
And Lewis? You too. Oh, and BK@OnRamp ... yes you too.

The incessant fabrication of imaginary Apple functionality is an inherently
defining trait of the dozen or so Apple Apologists.
Old April 6th 18, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Thu, 5 Apr 2018 10:53:23 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I understand your frustration, Ragnusen.

However, I'm not so sure it has to do with folk using Apple products.

I think we both, David, you and me, have been on Usenet for decades, and
we're both well trained in technical topics where we prove our facts.

I have watched for about two decades or so, the Apple-versus-adults
arguments, where it always amazed me that the Apple users unilaterally are
the ones acting like children act.

I pondered for years why this would be so repeatable.
I don't claim to have the answer - but I do have a hypothesis.

The Apple user is *drawn* to the Apple product, which Apple Marketing
*differentiates* by selling the Apple user on a few promises.

1. Ease of use
2. Safety
3. Security
4. Functionality
5. Style

Are those the top features that Apple Marketing "sells" to its user base?
For the moment, in this post, I assume you agree (although you're welcome
to explain what you think draws people to Apple products).

Let's just take one of those selling points, which is "functionality", and
then let's state a well-known fact:
1. There is zero app functionality on iOS that isn't on Android
2. There is tons of app functionality on Android that isn't on iOS.

That's a fact.
That's not a hypothesis. That's a fact.

For example, my Android devices load any app launcher I want so I can
organize my phone any way I want, and I have automatic phone recorders, bit
torrent apps, graphical recording of wifi signal strength for all access
points, accurate reporting of unique cell tower IDs, ability to put app
icons whereever I want them, etc.

On the other hand, in years, nobody can find a *single* iOS app
functionality that isn't already on Android. Not a single one.
(Sure they make claims about imaginary functionality, but they forget I
also have plenty of iOS devices where their claims always fall flat when
tested.)

Here's just one example of their claims of imaginary iOS functionality:
Android Fact:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/2wifianalyzer.jpg
Apple Fact:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg

So why do the iOS users incessantly claim imaginary Apple functionality?
I don't know why.

But I hypothesize that they bought into the Marketing claims, and they
never once doublechecked any facts, so, when facts are brought up to them,
they react with immediate hatred and denials of what is, after all, just a
fact.

What do you think about that hypothesis, bearing in mind that it's based
only on the Usenet experience, and not the many Apple web forums (where, in
some, I myself, have written tutorials, e.g., when I first jailbroke an iOS
4 way back when AT&T was the only official carrier).
Old April 6th 18, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Fri, 6 Apr 2018 09:18:51 -0700, schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

What do you think about that hypothesis, bearing in mind that it's based
only on the Usenet experience, and not the many Apple web forums (where, in
some, I myself, have written tutorials, e.g., when I first jailbroke an iOS
4 way back when AT&T was the only official carrier).

Oops. Since the Apple posters jump on silly semantics, I meant iPhone 4,
and not iOS 4 (although it might have been iOS 4 at the time).

Notice that I only speak facts.
The average Apple poster seems allergic to facts.

It's a basic fact, for example, that iOS has zero app functionality that
Android doesn't have, and that Android has tons of funcdtionaolity that iOS
doesn't have - and the reason is obvious to any adult why.

1. The hardware is about the same between Apple & Android devices so it's
not the hardware functionality that is limiting the app functionality.

2. Apple *limits* and *restricts* what apps can do (e.g., users can't even
load apps outside the Apple hierarchy, and those apps inside the Apple
hierarchy can't access the hardware features like Android apps can).

Those two reasons alone will *always* results in less app functionality on
iOS than on Android. Period.

The fact is in the taste of the pudding in that Andoid clearly has tons of
app functionality that iOS doesn't have, and there is zero app
functionality on iOS that isn't on Android.

That's just a fact which is a result of the restrictions put in the apps
and not a result of the hardware (certainly the hardware is capable of
reporting Wifi or Cellular data or recording phone calls, or organizing the
home screen, etc.).

All the above is fact.
What's my hypothesis is why the Apple posters hate facts so much that they
instantly respond with childish hateful vitriol and they claim imaginary
functionality that simply doesn't exist.

My hypothesis is that their entire belief system wasn't ever based on
facts.

*Hence facts threaten the entire underpinning of their entire belief system.*
Old April 6th 18, 05:30 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 4/6/2018 1:31 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

If you're downloading the tweaked versions from Adobe without
actually
owning a licence, then yes, you are pirating it. The instructions
on
Aodbe's download page specifically say you have to already own a
licence.

That was more or less my point. While piracy was probable it is
not
necessarily piracy in every case. In saying "you are pirating it"
nospam had jumped to a conclusion which was not necessarily
correct.

nope. i explained that.

the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating
it.

Is he even using it?

he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
it.

That applies to most people.

and?

did you have a point? no.

It destroys your absolute confidence that he "is not entitled to
legally download it".

it doesn't destroy *anything*. in fact it's the opposite. it's proof he
pirated it.

While that applies to most people it does not
apply to all people.

i never said it did.

Your logic is, as usual, faulty. I will leave you with it.

nope.

you do realize you are trying to defend a well known troll, right?

And you are feeding the same one.

--
PeterN
Old April 6th 18, 05:33 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 4/6/2018 11:53 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

then there's absolutely no issue, is there?

Yes, there is. Just because something's legal doesn't make it right.

actually, it does.

If you really believe that, you obviously don't know the difference
between legality and morality.

paying taxes isn't a moral issue.

You did not limit your statement.

--
PeterN

Old April 6th 18, 06:10 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps, rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 6, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 4/6/2018 1:31 AM, nospam wrote:

Le Snip

you do realize you are trying to defend a well known troll, right?

And you are feeding the same one.

The time has come to kill this thread in rec.photo.digital as it is totally
off topic, and has no reason to exist in a photo NG.

Savageduck

Old April 6th 18, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 06/04/2018 18:10, Savageduck wrote:
[] The time has come to kill this thread in rec.photo.digital as it is
totally
off topic, and has no reason to exist in a photo NG.

I've just killfiled a couple of the obvious in this newsgroup (and a
couple of other groups where they hang out) and it's delightful what a
pleasant experience reading this newsgroup now is. If only others would
refrain from replying!

--
Cheers,
David