500D and 70-200 For Macro

Old November 8th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RaymondD

Default 500D and 70-200 For Macro

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:25:07 +0000, wrote:

You'll need an exceptionally small penis with a small set of nuts
and a giant chip on your shoulder to make
your efforts worth anyone's viewing time.

Have you ever stopped to wonder why you're the only one that mentions
male genitalia when you imagine that you are engaged in a conversation
with another male?

Really, think about it. Ask yourself why those are always some of the foremost
topics in your own mind when addressing others, and is not a consideration in
the mind of anyone else.

The rest of us already know why these topics are always on your mind, now it's
just a matter of you trying to figure it out.

What a sad little closet-case that you are. Overtly obvious, but sad. You so
desperately keep trolling for masculine involvement on the internet but it'll
never fill that gaping closet-case hole of yours.

Try to find what you are after in real life then you don't have to be such an
obvious close-case troll on the internet.

Do try to stay on topic and not let your unfulfilled homosexual needs get in the
way of that, would you?

That's a good chap.

Thanks.

We'll all appreciate it.

Why oh why do these insecure closet-cases try to use the internet to come out of
the closet. I can only guess because it's the safest way for them. Nobody in
their personal life has to know who they are. How pathetically and immaturely
sad. The people that I know who are gay and secure with their lives just look
down on these kinds of insecure fools with a glance of abject pity. How
pathetically sad.

And now, back to something photography related ....
Old November 8th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Paul wrote:
I've never really been into macro, but after seeing some of the photos
on juzaphoto it seems like there's a whole new world out there with
macro I've yet to experiment with. So, instead of buying a macro lens,
I am considering using a 500D on a 70-200. It seems that it will only
make it half life size (0.50) @ 200mm, but has the advantage of maybe
having a better working distance and also won't take up much room in the
bag meaning I will always have it with me.

The other option is using Kenko extension tubes on my 50mm lens, whereby
using the 36 and 12 extension tubes will effectively make it just under
life size, but is maybe not as flexible and will suffer from more light
loss than the 500D.

I know the 500D is no replacement for a proper macro lens, but anyone
have any experience using a 500D with a 70-200?

Yes I have a Canon 500D +2 diopter 2-element closeup lens (77mm thread)
and use it on the front of a 70-200/2.8 VR and other lenses with
step-down rings. Great for butterfly & bee chasing with the VR & no
light loss.

Where it suffers is reflective subjects such as shiny insects, there is
more flare/ghosting from reflections back & forth between all those
chunks of glass. The bokeh suffers too with those kinds of strong
highlights. As with extension tubes, it's going to be asking more from
the center of the lens than the lens was designed for. Speaking of
centers... I've used the 500D on a 300mm f/2.8 (112mm thread) by cutting
a 77mm hole in a makeshift plastic cap and that works fine because at
closest focus you only use the center anyways. So a smaller one might
work on a 70-200.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old November 8th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul[_6_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message

[...]

Hello Paul. How does the bokeh suffer with highlights? Parts of the image
washed out?

Old November 8th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Paul wrote:
[...]

Bright rings on the edge of out-of-focus highlights. It's hard to say if
it's worse though, I'd need a 200mm macro lens to compare. I couldn't
find examples of that but here's some of/with the 500D

http://edgehill.net/Misc/misc-photos...-07-cpu/pg1pc3
http://edgehill.net/Misc/photography/9-20-07-300mm
http://edgehill.net/Misc/photography...7-macro/pg1pc3

Old November 9th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

RaymondD wrote:

Have you ever stopped to wonder why you're the only one that mentions
male genitalia when you imagine that you are engaged in a conversation
with another male?

Really, think about it. Ask yourself why those are always some of the foremost
topics in your own mind when addressing others, and is not a consideration in
the mind of anyone else.

The rest of us already know why these topics are always on your mind, now it's
just a matter of you trying to figure it out.

What a sad little closet-case that you are. Overtly obvious, but sad. You so
desperately keep trolling for masculine involvement on the internet but it'll
never fill that gaping closet-case hole of yours.

I've never been in the closet, being perfectly at ease with my
sexuality, my great raging repressed Queen friend. Why don't you drop me
a line and come to see me? I'm sure we'll find something more
interesting to do than fiddle with exposures, unless that's what you'd
like, of course.

Kissy, kissy.

As ever, yours,

Barack O'Bugger

Canon 500D l e o Digital SLR Cameras 3 March 25th 06 09:43 PM
FA: Canon 58mm 500D Close up lens Jim Dawson 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 June 7th 05 04:07 AM
FA: Canon 58mm 500D Close up lens Jim Dawson Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 June 7th 05 04:07 AM
FA - CANON 500D CLOSE-UP LENS 72mm – LIKE NEW IN BOX ! [email protected] 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 May 24th 04 11:49 AM
WTB: Canon 500D 77mm Filter Garrett General Equipment For Sale 0 May 19th 04 03:02 AM