5 megapixel camera phone,a 10 magapixel one by yearend?

Old October 24th 04, 06:07 AM
JK

Default 5 megapixel camera phone,a 10 magapixel one by yearend?

http://wireless.newsfactor.com/story...story_id=27790

Old October 24th 04, 06:38 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

In article , JK
wrote:

http://wireless.newsfactor.com/story...ebuts---Megapi
xel-Camera-Phone&story_id=27790

Samsung is making them. I doubt the image quality will be any better
than the cheapest 2MP cameras.
Old October 24th 04, 09:41 AM
dj_nme

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

In article , JK
wrote:

http://wireless.newsfactor.com/story...ebuts---Megapi
xel-Camera-Phone&story_id=27790

Samsung is making them. I doubt the image quality will be any better
than the cheapest 2MP cameras.

I would imagine that the lens would be the limiting factor in it's image
quality.
5mp of blur isn't any more useful than a "sharp" 1.5mp image and may be
much less satisfying.

Old October 24th 04, 12:35 PM
Ian Burley

Don't be too dismissive just yet - Pentax is involved and they have some
very clever lens technology, see:

http://dpnow.com/1255.html

Ian

"dj_nme" wrote in message

Old October 24th 04, 02:40 PM
dj_nme

Robert wrote:
I could care less, If I want a phone I want a phone , If I want a camera I
will get a camera that suite me. Picture phones is just another gimmick , so
the cell companies can sell more options to make the picture phone to work,
just another money making item to the dumb public.

I must admit that share that sentiment.
The dinky cameras built into the current crop of mobiles do not fill me
confidence in their photographic capabilities.
The lens will still be the weak link in a 5mp camera-phone.
Old October 25th 04, 01:12 AM
DFS

Gee, that must make it the "official" phone of the internet.