Looking for Recomendation for P&S Camera

Old January 29th 11, 07:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
charles

Default Looking for Recomendation for P&S Camera

want to replace an Olympus FE-210.

The viewing screen doesn't work for me, I want something with an
optical viewfinder. Ability to close focus would be good, say to fill
the screen with something about two inches across.

I have a good camera for special stuff, I am looking for something to
leave in the car, to take visual notes, to grab a shot when I didn't
plan to do photography.

Something about the same size would be desirable, 3.5 X 2.5 X 1.5
inches.

Brand is not important to me.

Thanks
Old January 29th 11, 10:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2011-01-28 23:34:04 -0800, charles said:

want to replace an Olympus FE-210.

The viewing screen doesn't work for me, I want something with an
optical viewfinder. Ability to close focus would be good, say to fill
the screen with something about two inches across.

I have a good camera for special stuff, I am looking for something to
leave in the car, to take visual notes, to grab a shot when I didn't
plan to do photography.

Something about the same size would be desirable, 3.5 X 2.5 X 1.5
inches.

Brand is not important to me.

Thanks

Wanting an optical VF limits your choice with compact cameras.

I would start with a Canon G12, or G11 if you can find one. Then the
Nikon P7000. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-L5 does not come with an optical
VF, but there are two optional add-on's, an optical VF, or an
electronic VF.
A used FujiFilm E-900 would also fit your needs.
On the lesser side there are the Canons SD1200, SD780, & A1100 if you
can find them. Amazon might be your best bet for any of those, and
perhaps the E-900.
There are a few other options where an optional VF might be available,
such as the Ricoh GR DIII.

Savageduck

Old January 29th 11, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
charles

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 02:23:01 -0800, Savageduck

On 2011-01-28 23:34:04 -0800, charles said:

[...]

Thanks, those were some good leads. SD780 won the contest, ordered
one.