mamiya sekor shutter on C33

Old February 9th 04, 12:00 AM
Mr Ed

Default mamiya sekor shutter on C33

....because the spare wouldn't run as is due to wear. The segment gear
seems to wear the next full gear bearing in the chain much more than
the other end - the shutter force goes to the end thats closest to the
driverr. I had to swap guts to get the segment gear with the pin as
its all reveted on the plate.

I will adjust the position out next time its opened as the flash
contacts are still intermittent.

Had the camera out in the cold today and its definately the camera to
use (-15C) I can work it with gloves on. Its also heavy.

Old February 9th 04, 01:05 PM
Dennis O'Connor

I had my Mamiya tlr's out in the cold yesterday morning - if 4 F above zero
in a biting wind, meets the definition of cold - I suspect the shutters were
running slow in the temperature, but because I had sun on snow conditions a
bit of added exposure was the right recipe for B&W anyway...
The snow was over my knees and I was winded by the time I waded a hundred
feet and my ears were frozen from the 15 knot wind over the open fields, so
I went back to the road and packed the 55mm lens away and stood the tripod
in the bed of the pickup, and used the 180mm lens to reach out... Luckily
by moving the truck back and forth, hither and yon, no traffic on a back
road I was able to get the composition and the the light looking ok, or I
would have had to quit...
I souped the negs and they look good, a bit contrasty being snow scenes, but
TMX benefits from adequate exposure so the diffusion enlarger should print
them just fine ..
I've been going to send some lenses and a body I acquired recently out for
cla, but I keep using them...

denny