Need Pentax ME Super winder contacts.

Old November 30th 04, 02:45 AM
Chris Lindgren

Default Need Pentax ME Super winder contacts.

Does anyone know of a source for the winder contacts strip located
under the bottom cover on the rewind side of the ME Super? One of my
contacts is coroted and makes intermittant contact with my winder.

I suppose I could buy a junker and strip it.

Thanks in advance.
Old November 30th 04, 08:06 AM
Dave

Chris Lindgren wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for the winder contacts strip located
under the bottom cover on the rewind side of the ME Super? One of my
contacts is coroted and makes intermittant contact with my winder.

I suppose I could buy a junker and strip it.

Thanks in advance.

I've never owned a Pentax, but know someone who has medium format Pentax
kit. He was surprised how reasonable *Pentax* were at sorting out his
old Pentax. He had previously tried a 3rd party company, who said it was
too old and the parts were unavailable. You might try getting Pentax to
repair it - they did him a free estimate, but this was some time back
and it was medium format.

Old November 30th 04, 02:40 PM
Warren B. Hapke

:
: I suppose I could buy a junker and strip it.
:
: Thanks in advance.
: I've never owned a Pentax, but know someone who has medium format Pentax
: kit. He was surprised how reasonable *Pentax* were at sorting out his
: old Pentax. He had previously tried a 3rd party company, who said it was
: too old and the parts were unavailable. You might try getting Pentax to
: repair it - they did him a free estimate, but this was some time back
: and it was medium format.

The US Pentax web site has a listing of the models that are no longer
serviced, and the ME Super is on that list. Sending the camera to
Pentax will do no good.

If the original poster feels that he can handle the repair himself,
there are often inoperative bodies on eBay. You can also find cheap
bodies in the "As-Is" section at KEH (http://www.keh.com/). Click on the
"New and Used Equip." link on the main page, then click on the
"AS-IS" link under Miscellaneous, then click on Bodies under Cameras.
They have several ME-Supers with various problems listed, at prices
ranging from $25 to $45.

Warren B. Hapke

Old November 30th 04, 06:03 PM
Mark Roberts

Chris Lindgren wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for the winder contacts strip located
under the bottom cover on the rewind side of the ME Super? One of my
contacts is coroted and makes intermittant contact with my winder.

Send me an email. I'm sure I have those bits in my parts bin somewhere.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing