First roll results from "new Agfa Isolette I"

Old February 8th 04, 01:18 PM
Nick Zentena

Default First roll results from "new Agfa Isolette I"

Glendon wrote:

Hmmm, I probably should have come clean. I am fooling around with
6x12...obtained by running 120 film in an old 616 Kodak. Oddball I know, but
interesting.

I've been thinking of doing something similar. Just using respooled 70mm
film. What has been holding me back is the worries about the lenses on those
old 116/616 cameras. Just how good/bad are they?

Nick
Old February 10th 04, 02:09 AM
Glendon

"Nick Zentena" wrote in message
Glendon wrote:

Hmmm, I probably should have come clean. I am fooling around with
6x12...obtained by running 120 film in an old 616 Kodak. Oddball I know,

but
interesting.

I've been thinking of doing something similar. Just using respooled 70mm
film. What has been holding me back is the worries about the lenses on

those
old 116/616 cameras. Just how good/bad are they?

Nick

I think they vary quite a bit, with some of the basic cameras having some
basic lenses. This site has some useful info on Kodak lenses:
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~b-wallen/...dak_index2.htm
The general consensus on that and similar sites is that the better Kodak
lenses are surprisingly good.

I have a late model Monitor 616....it was probably at the top of the 616
line....the Regent might have been a better Kodak camera of the time, with a
German lens, but I don't think it was made in 616 format. My Monitor has a 4
element ,uncoated Anastigmat lens...just don't know how good it is at the
moment...will be in a better position to comment when I have run a few rolls
through....but I'm hopeful!

In contrast, some of the Junior 616 models look to have some pretty basic
lenses.

I thought about 70mm film...but where do you get backing paper and spools?
Also, I generally have a variety of 120 film on hand at any time and can
pick what I want to load....respooling 70mm means a bulk supply of film of
the one specification, no?