No comment :)

Old April 23rd 05, 09:27 AM
RichA

Default No comment :)

From DPreview.com;
When it comes to women and digital cameras, recent research from
imaging industry market research company Lyra reveals that Kodak
really pushes their buttons. The Digital Photography survey showed
that more than 20% of women use Kodak cameras while only 10% of men
choose to use the brand. The most popular camera manufacturer among
the male of the species is Canon, with 17% of men using that brand,
followed by Sony. Lyra's president and director of the Digital
Photography Advisory Service, Charles LeCompte, explains the findings:
"The explanation is that women in general are less comfortable with
technology and therefore are more attracted to trusted brands." So
ladies, dump your D-SLRs and pick up an EasyShare!
Old April 23rd 05, 03:11 PM
Mark Lauter

Photography Advisory Service, Charles LeCompte, explains the findings:
"The explanation is that women in general are less comfortable with
technology and therefore are more attracted to trusted brands." So
ladies, dump your D-SLRs and pick up an EasyShare!

There might not be any ladies here to hear you. g

I learned to fly because I thought it would score points with the babes..
but there are no babes at the airports, so that plan didn't work out.

--
Mark Lauter

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com

Old April 23rd 05, 04:46 PM
Helen Edith Stephenson

In article , RichA
writes
From DPreview.com;
When it comes to women and digital cameras, recent research from
imaging industry market research company Lyra reveals that Kodak
really pushes their buttons. The Digital Photography survey showed
that more than 20% of women use Kodak cameras while only 10% of men
choose to use the brand. The most popular camera manufacturer among
the male of the species is Canon, with 17% of men using that brand,
followed by Sony. Lyra's president and director of the Digital
Photography Advisory Service, Charles LeCompte, explains the findings:
"The explanation is that women in general are less comfortable with
technology and therefore are more attracted to trusted brands." So
ladies, dump your D-SLRs and pick up an EasyShare!

Hmmph!

I'm quite happy with my Pentax *ist DS, thankyou.

I haven't owned a Kodak branded camera since I switched from an
Instamatic 25 (took square 128 cartridges) to my first Pentax SLR back
in the 1970s.

Helen

Helen Edith Stephenson helen at baronmoss dot demon dot co dot uk
--
(I'm sure you can figure out what I mean!)
http://www.baronmoss.demon.co.uk
Old April 23rd 05, 11:05 PM
RichA

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:46:45 +0100, Helen Edith Stephenson
wrote:

In article , RichA
writes
From DPreview.com;
[...]

I had one of those 25's. It took much better pictures than the 110
camera I got afterward.
-Rich
Old April 24th 05, 12:31 AM
Frank ess

RichA wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:46:45 +0100, Helen Edith Stephenson
wrote:

In article , RichA
writes
From DPreview.com;
[...]

Which was better than the ill-conceived disk-film cameras that came
and went.

--
Frank ess

Old April 25th 05, 08:06 PM
Helen Edith Stephenson

In article , RichA
writes
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:46:45 +0100, Helen Edith Stephenson
wrote:

[snip]
Hmmph!

I'm quite happy with my Pentax *ist DS, thankyou.

I haven't owned a Kodak branded camera since I switched from an
Instamatic 25 (took square 128 cartridges) to my first Pentax SLR back
in the 1970s.

Helen

Helen Edith Stephenson helen at baronmoss dot demon dot co dot uk

I had one of those 25's. It took much better pictures than the 110
camera I got afterward.
-Rich

It should have done, just from film size alone.

I've even got a few Kodachrome pictures that came out of my 25 online:
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/baronmoss/...dale_Hall.html

I went on using it for another year or two after I took these pictures,
but then decided that maybe I'd take better pictures if I got something
a little fancier. The something fancier was a Pentax KM which came with
a 50mm f1.7 lens and the possibilities of attaching all sorts of other
lenses.

It took me about 20 years, but I built myself up quite a nice collection
of manual PK lenses for the KM and the variety of other PK bodies that
joined it.

Now the lenses are adorning my *ist DS (had to mention it to keep this a
bit on-topic g) while the film bodies seem to be sitting doing very
little.