Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ ovywfuju

Old November 7th 04, 10:34 PM
William Graham

wrote in message
You blithering idiots! You re-elected that imbecile George Bush as your
President.
He’s a complete moron and so are most of you!
-
Don’t you care what the rest of the world thinks of you?

Yes.....I just don't care what you think of me.......

Old November 8th 04, 03:27 AM
Ken Davey

Lower Ground wrote:
This is why I rarely post here anymore. The topics have begun to go
far off the topic of the newsgroup.

And this post is.................?
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

Old November 8th 04, 03:42 AM
Ken Davey

LR Kalajainen wrote:
Remember that 48% of Americans feel as badly as you do (and most
Europeans) about the outcome of our election. But your almost
incoherent ranting will not make Bush or his administration go away.
We're stuck with the guy for the next four years.

However, and this is something that many of my European friends do not
understand, local politics and local issues count for far more in the
U.S. than national politics and national politicians. While the
national government does control foreign policy, and thus, is the face
that we present to the world for better or worse, in fact, what
happens in Washington has much less effect on most Americans than
what happens in their local communities.

Not true!
Witness what is happening to your $. It hit an all-time low against the
Euro this week. That DIRECTLY effects you, as an a
American. It makes imported goods less affordable and the outsourcing of
jobs (yours may be included) more desirable to the advantage of the
corporations that actually control your economy - and by extension - your
government.
Your acceptance of this status quo only enforces my opinion that Americans
have lost track of how completely they have lost any vestige of actual
democratic ideals their country was founded on.

So while some of us are very upset and disheartened that slightly more
than half of our fellow citizens chose to vote for an administration
that almost half of us regard as one of the worst in our memories, the
end of the world hasn't happened yet. And probably won't in the next
four years. Meanwhile, take comfort that roughly half of us--- about
140 million or so--- are more in tune with the rest of the world than
it may appear.

And so we all hope.
Regards.
Ken.

Old November 8th 04, 04:21 AM
Ken Davey

The
evidence is coming out that the black box voting machines were the
deciding factor. In those states without them the exit polls agreed
with the results. In Florida and Ohio where they use the
machines...the exit polls put Kerry ahead...but the machines gave it
to Bush. Keep up with this a blackboxvoting.org or something like
that.

Now that's interesting!
Cites?
Here in Canada we use paper ballots and I see no reason why the USA cannot
do the same!.
A federal election is over (from the droppng of the 'writ' to the final
tally) in 90 days. From the closing of the polls to the declaration of a
winner is a matter of hours, not days. Lawyers or courts have NO say.
Governments here are NOT given four years free reign!
If the party in power does not live up to it's promises it is gone - right
quick!
Sure, it ain't perfect. Sure we would like to see more transparancy and sure
there is a lot of room for improvement. Sure, there are always a few
ridings that are so close that a re-count is called for but those are the
exception. We try to eliminate wealth from the electoral process - "try", I
say - not that we have been entirely successful.
No system of government that any nation has ever tried has been perfect! We
just do the best that we can. And, in my humble opinion, Canada does it
better than most.
We feel for our brothers to the South! Not only does their system seem to
damage them and their reputation it also damages the world. Sadly, the
American super economy gives the impression that somehow *it* is in charge
when, in fact, it is merely holding on to the "tiger's tail'.
Geez - Just tried to reply to a simple post and now I have written a
'philosophy of politics' 101.
Sorry guys - I know this is way off topic and I will stop now.
Loe to you all.

Old November 13th 04, 01:52 AM
William Graham

Default Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ ovywfuju

"Owamanga" wrote in message
Just like sales tax, this is by far the fairest system.

--
Owamanga!

Sales tax is a very poor system. If you believe that Bill Gates, who makes
probably about one Billion dollars a year, shouldn't pay any more taxes than
your average millionaire, (who probably spends about as much as Gates) then
go for the sales tax scam. Personally, I think the form 1040 is one of the
better documents our government has ever turned out, and the tax system we
have today is quite adequate. Don't throw away all of the tax court cases
and decisions of the last 50 years or so for a sales tax system that will
not be fair, and won't work because it is incapable of separating your net
income from the gross, which is what the form 1040 does.......

Old November 13th 04, 04:14 PM
The Wogster

William Graham wrote:
"Owamanga" wrote in message

Just like sales tax, this is by far the fairest system.

--
Owamanga!

Sales tax is a very poor system. If you believe that Bill Gates, who makes
probably about one Billion dollars a year, shouldn't pay any more taxes than
your average millionaire, (who probably spends about as much as Gates) then
go for the sales tax scam. Personally, I think the form 1040 is one of the
better documents our government has ever turned out, and the tax system we
have today is quite adequate. Don't throw away all of the tax court cases
and decisions of the last 50 years or so for a sales tax system that will
not be fair, and won't work because it is incapable of separating your net
income from the gross, which is what the form 1040 does.......

Sales taxes are indescriminatory, in that everyone pays the same. The
issue here is, that the US tax return, from what I understand requires a
Grade 12 education to do a basic return. Canada's T1 form is much
simpler and needs only Grade 8. The T1-S or short form, is simpler
still. A Canadian research project once looked at the following scenario:

Give each family $5000 plus $5000 per family member free of tax, so a
single person would have $10,000 and family of 4 would have $25000 and a
family of 10 would have $55,000. Then tax all additional income at 25%,
the government could elminate all other taxes, and still pay off the
national debt in 10 years. This was done over 10 years ago, but the
government is too stupid to implement it.

Old November 13th 04, 06:51 PM
Bruce Markowitz

So lets see...
If Bill Gates earns one billion dollars, but does not spend any money
(wears old clothes, eats at Moms house, lives in a warm place with no
heating bills and just pays for electricity) he pays no taxes?
Hey, that's fair!

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:14:09 -0500, The Wogster

Old November 13th 04, 07:42 PM
The Wogster

Bruce Markowitz wrote:
So lets see...
If Bill Gates earns one billion dollars, but does not spend any money
(wears old clothes, eats at Moms house, lives in a warm place with no
heating bills and just pays for electricity) he pays no taxes?
Hey, that's fair!

Is it fair to a Single mother trying to raise 3 children, when her
monthly income is barely $100 more then the rent, that given spending
the same $100 as BillG does that she pays the same tax?

Sales taxes are good for horders, lousy for everybody else. Like I said
a flat income tax with a flat amount off, is the best way to go. The
poorest of the poor fall under the minimum, the richest people (who can
afford the most) pay the most. I forgot something in my original post,
the flat tax research project eliminated corporate income tax, excise,
sales and sin taxes in their entirety, and still managed to not only
break even, but PAID off the national debt in 10 years. The US would
probably need about 40 years.

It has another advantage too though, if you make $35,000 a year, for a
family of 4, you would pay $2,000 tax, if you work harder, take some
overtime, and make $40,000 a year you pay $3,000, that puts $4,000 more
in your pocket. If you take a new promotion, and increase your income
to $50,000 yout tax on that $10,000 would be $2,000. Which puts another
$8,000 in your pocket. Most tax systems would put you in the next tax
bracket and take half if not most of your additional income, because
they escalate quickly at the bottom end.

Old November 14th 04, 12:46 AM
William Graham

"The Wogster" wrote in message
. ..
Bruce Markowitz wrote:
[...]

When you start applying the sales tax system to businesses, then it becomes
really apparent what a stupid system it is. Some businesses have to spend a
lot to make whatever it is they make. Others have a large income from labor
& services, but don't have to spend much of anything. How are you going to
tax these? The form 1040 & accompanying schedules does it all. It would be a
massive job to convert that into a sales tax system, but, don't take my word
for it.....Be my guest.........(Better bring your lunch)