Spam on this group

Old April 22nd 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

Default Spam on this group

I would like to enlist the aid of others on this list
in reporting spam. Nearly all the recent spam to the
rec.photo groups is from Google Groups. To report the spam
you must see the entire original post. For Outlook Express
click on file/properties/details/original message copy the
entire message and paste it into a new _e-mail message_. The
address is included in the header. Just copy that and paste
it into the address field of your message. The subject can
be simply "spam".
If we complain enough Google will ban the person doing
this. The more complaints the better.
Most spammers never look at the groups they spam and
will just laugh at you if you complain on the list. Complain
to the source. Because most server operators have awakened
to the fact that they need to ban open relays its easier now
to discover the actual source of the spam.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old April 22nd 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
____

In article ,
"Richard Knoppow" wrote:

I would like to enlist the aid of others on this list
in reporting spam. Nearly all the recent spam to the
rec.photo groups is from Google Groups. To report the spam
you must see the entire original post. For Outlook Express
click on file/properties/details/original message copy the
entire message and paste it into a new _e-mail message_. The
address is included in the header. Just copy that and paste
it into the address field of your message. The subject can
be simply "spam".
If we complain enough Google will ban the person doing
this. The more complaints the better.
Most spammers never look at the groups they spam and
will just laugh at you if you complain on the list. Complain
to the source. Because most server operators have awakened
to the fact that they need to ban open relays its easier now
to discover the actual source of the spam.

I am in. That spammer sent me garbage to my URL address, for some stupid
reason I joined a local Chamber of commerce and they list my email in
the open. Ever since I have gotten a lot more junk.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old April 22nd 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
____

In article ,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

it includes the name of every modern Canon camera and
half the population of Australia.

That would include bugs, spiders and snakes. Strange how Canon cameras
and the multiple personality users of them seem to all reside in
Australia with the bugs, spiders and snakes. Then again maybe when
lives in a penal colony one has enough time to kill to read every past
issue of National Geographic. Given all the Canon advertising maybe it
leads the feeble mind into believing its the only camera able to
properly portray all those bugs, spiders and snakes.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old April 22nd 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

I think my kill file now includes every brand of watch,
ladies handbag, over-priced tennis shoe and popular
medication. And since I also subscribe to r.p.e.35mm
it includes the name of every modern Canon camera and
half the population of Australia.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index2.htm

Old April 22nd 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Andrew Price

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:09:18 -0500, "Nicholas O. Lindan"
wrote:

I think my kill file now includes every brand of watch,
ladies handbag, over-priced tennis shoe and popular
medication.

My kill file now includes *all* posts coming from Google, with the
exception of those I've put on a white list.
Old April 22nd 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Andrew Price

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:43:44 -0700, "Richard Knoppow"
wrote:

[---]

If we complain enough Google will ban the person doing
this. The more complaints the better.

I reported for quite a while, but gave up in the end. Google are just
not interested. That finally made me take the plunge and filter out
*all* posts coming from GG, with the exception of some valuable
posters whom I put on a white list.