Sony InfoLithium Battery Replacements

Old July 21st 04, 05:48 PM
Dave Herzstein

Default Sony InfoLithium Battery Replacements

Mike Schudel wrote:

Ok...I know that these Sony InfoLithium batteries can just die without
warning. I have two NP-FM50 batteries and one won't charge to a capacity of
more than 5 minutes...so that one is gone. The other will charge to about
45 minutes capacity.

My question is this: Do the generic $18 replacements I see for sale have
the info chip in them to accurately display the remaining time left to the
camera? I just figure for the cheap price it *has* to be missing something
and just want to make sure these are *exactly* like the originals. Or
should I just go back and spend the $$$ for an original Sony battery?

Thanks!

Be careful - my son bought a generic......it lacks the info-chip and
hence is unuseable on his TRV-33. Newer Sony camcorders *require* the
InfoLithium chip, or reject the battery.

(Your question probably should have been posted to rec.video)

-Dave

Old July 22nd 04, 01:52 AM
Mike Schudel

Be careful - my son bought a generic......it lacks the info-chip and
hence is unuseable on his TRV-33. Newer Sony camcorders *require* the
InfoLithium chip, or reject the battery.

(Your question probably should have been posted to rec.video)

Thanks for the response. This is for a digital camera...the Sony DSC-S70
Cybershot camera which uses the NP-FM50 InfoLithium battery.

I was leaning towards the Sony battery, but wasn't sure about the generic
replacements.

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI