Shooting for National Geographic

Old August 14th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pudentame

Default Shooting for National Geographic

There *IS* another way to get your foot in the door ...

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/n...hot/rules.html

with a FAQ he

http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/n...ot/faq.html#Q2
Old August 14th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

"Submissions must be in JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg) digital format, at least
1,600 pixels wide if a horizontal image or 1,600 pixels tall if a
vertical image, and no greater than 2 megabytes (2048 kilobytes) in
file size. Please provide only the original, unmodified camera
image."

Well I guess you're out of luck if your original unmodified camera
image is more than 2MB.

Old August 14th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Submissions must be in JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg) digital format, at least
1,600 pixels wide if a horizontal image or 1,600 pixels tall if a
vertical image, and no greater than 2 megabytes (2048 kilobytes) in
file size. Please provide only the original, unmodified camera
image."

Well I guess you're out of luck if your original unmodified camera
image is more than 2MB.

Yes....I would have to print it, hang it on the wall, and take a picture of
it with my 2 Mbyte cell phone camera......:^)

Old August 15th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
William Graham wrote:

Well I guess you're out of luck if your original unmodified camera
image is more than 2MB.

Yes....I would have to print it, hang it on the wall, and take a
picture of it with my 2 Mbyte cell phone camera......:^)

NONSENSE! This beast fits the specs to the tee and I can still take it on
safari.

http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/pics/DC280.jpg

LOL! - That's like fitting Mt. Palomar on a Minox........

You know....With the cameras getting smaller and smaller, and the lenses
getting bigger and bigger, pretty soon they will just build cameras into the
rear elements of the lenses, and all we'll carry around will be the
lenses.....

Old August 15th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

William Graham wrote:

Well I guess you're out of luck if your original unmodified camera
image is more than 2MB.

Yes....I would have to print it, hang it on the wall, and take a
picture of it with my 2 Mbyte cell phone camera......:^)

NONSENSE! This beast fits the specs to the tee and I can still take it on
safari.

http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/pics/DC280.jpg

LOL! - That's like fitting Mt. Palomar on a Minox........

You know....With the cameras getting smaller and smaller, and the lenses
getting bigger and bigger, pretty soon they will just build cameras into the
rear elements of the lenses, and all we'll carry around will be the
lenses.....

Like disposable cameras or like film: a pocket full of cameras, Just
throw a new one on when the memory is full... take them to the drugstore
to convert into prints & a CD for $5.00. You've always got the latest
camera that way.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://edgehill.net
Old August 15th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mardon

Annika1980 wrote:

Well I guess you're out of luck if your original unmodified camera
image is more than 2MB.

Or if you shoot RAW.
Old August 16th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pat[_6_]

On Aug 14, 10:09 pm, "William Graham" wrote:
"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in ... William Graham wrote:

Well I guess you're out of luck if your original unmodified camera
image is more than 2MB.

Yes....I would have to print it, hang it on the wall, and take a
picture of it with my 2 Mbyte cell phone camera......:^)

NONSENSE! This beast fits the specs to the tee and I can still take it on
safari.

http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/pics/DC280.jpg

LOL! - That's like fitting Mt. Palomar on a Minox........

You know....With the cameras getting smaller and smaller, and the lenses
getting bigger and bigger, pretty soon they will just build cameras into the
rear elements of the lenses, and all we'll carry around will be the
lenses.....

Actually, I was wondering when they were going to start building
phones into cameras !!! Hold on, I've got to go answer my camera....