The 3rd of the month and everything is turning up X 3!

Old August 2nd 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac.

Default The 3rd of the month and everything is turning up X 3!

Strolling around looking for my mate, digging bait about 3 O'clock
this afternoon, I found this threesome.
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/August/3-08-07.htm

BTW. If anyone thinks creating a PFTD site was a useless venture (the
3 sheep stalking my every post did)... 2,961 people have book-marked
the site since July 27th. That's near enough to 1000 a month! And...
How many came from Groups.Google? 1/3rd of them!

Another piece of curious trivia;
12,741 people looked at my initial album http://www.ryadia.com/album1/index.html
and 9,688 times the Directory holding the Picture For The Day files
was accessed.

The site is not three months old. Yet an average of three (3) thousand
people a month looked at my PFTD photos.
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/index.htm

Curiosity continues in three's!

The 3 sheep causing the most disruption to this group and
coincidentally the most vocal in criticizing my work, make up less
than 0.03% of my visitors!

Wow... It certainly looks like Good things things come in three's!

Now the bad stuff. http://www.annika1980.com only had 1,557 visitors
for the month and a mere 1/3rd of them bothered to bookmark the site.
I guess that says 1/3rd of protagonists stalking me are of bugger all
interest to anyone but themselves and near enough (will be there soon)
10,000 people are interested in seeing my photographs. I think that's
exceptional. Thanks to those who bothered. Dragon's breath to the
*******s causing the trouble here.

Doug

Old August 2nd 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell

"D-Mac." wrote in message
oups.com...
Strolling around looking for my mate, digging bait about 3 O'clock
this afternoon, I found this threesome.
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/August/3-08-07.htm

Personally I'd have liked the shot cropped a little more on the left and
bottom, otherwise, not bad. Your lucky to have photogenic birds that are
relatively idle. Around here about the only idle bird to be seen is the ibis
or the mynah - and I'm sure you know how ugly they are. Otherwise there's
things like green parrots and rosellas, but in the time it takes to lift the
camera to the face they have moved on.
I did manage to get this little fella last october - more luck of being in
the right place at the right time than anything else.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdaj/984428275/

Old August 2nd 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Aug 2, 6:25 am, "D-Mac." wrote:

Wow... It certainly looks like Good things things come in three's!

Now the bad stuff.http://www.annika1980.comonly had 1,557 visitors
for the month and a mere 1/3rd of them bothered to bookmark the site.
I guess that says 1/3rd of protagonists stalking me are of bugger all
interest to anyone but themselves and near enough (will be there soon)
10,000 people are interested in seeing my photographs. I think that's
exceptional. Thanks to those who bothered. Dragon's breath to the
*******s causing the trouble here.

Doug

I was going to comment on your pic, but it is obvious that you only
posted it as a lead-in for another series of attacks and threats
against me. Why can't you just post a pic and leave it at that rather
than posting it and starting into your usual delusional BS about
people stalking an bullying you? See, D-Mac, nobody cares about any
of that. We all know you're full of **** and mentally your oars ain't
all in the water, if you know what I mean.

And one more thing, today is August 2nd, not August 3rd.
Wanna buy a calendar?

Old August 2nd 07, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 8:24 am, Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 2, 6:25 am, "D-Mac." wrote:

[...]

I couldn't have said it better. I wanted to comment as well, but when
he started on with that constant repititious crap, I lost interest.
Helen

Old August 2nd 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Draco

On Aug 2, 6:25 am, "D-Mac." wrote:
Strolling around looking for my mate, digging bait about 3 O'clock
this afternoon, I found this threesome.http://www.ryadia.com/POD/August/3-08-07.htm

(snipped a lot)

Figuring on the time difference, you took your shot around midnight
east coast time USA. Not bad for a "night" shot. ;-)
Glad you are getting so many hits on your web site. Nice Job. To
bad you had to go and muck it up.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Doing better does.

Old August 3rd 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D.Mac[_2_]

On Aug 2, 10:24 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 2, 6:25 am, "D-Mac." wrote:

[...]

If you could keep your mouth shut and your fingers idle for just one
second when my name is mentioned, you might find I have no interest in
you anymore. Keep being a miserable swine and posting pictures you
stole from me and you are going to get back in spades anything you
think you can accomplish by (trying) to be smart. In the end, it's
you who will suffer.

Old August 3rd 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 2, 8:25 pm, "D-Mac." wrote:
Strolling around looking for my mate, digging bait about 3 O'clock
this afternoon, I found this threesome.http://www.ryadia.com/POD/August/3-08-07.htm

Genuinely nice shot. Not outstanding, but nice.

A few tips for next time:
- Ken Rockwellian saturation isn't always a good move, and in this
case the sky has ended up just a little o-t-t, and the color of that
guttering is unpleasant and distracting - I know we can't blame him
for the paintjob, but D-Mac does have control of the overall image
look.
- The composition leaves a little to be desired - I can't help
thinking a less conventional camera angle, eg closer and upwards, may
have worked better. But I'm sure there was a fence (or perhaps an
alligator filled moat) there - there's always an excuse!
- The wooden gutter support, deep shadow beneath, and that sliver of
background showing through are all very distracting, and that now-
overused framing line draws attention to it. As I have pointed out
elsewhere, things that are very close to, or guillotined by, the frame
edge become much more noticable/noticed. This is an error being
repeated in many of D-Mac's latest, er.. 'works'.
- There was probably a better "critical moment".. D-Mac says he
waited 25 minutes for the third bird - admirable, but how much better
would this shot be if one of the pelicans was yawning, or stretching
out one wing, or whatever..? They look pretty settled, so I'm betting
he could have watched and waited - maybe even a montage of different
poses could have worked..

In summary, a nice shot indeed and worthy of posting for a change.
But it could have been a masterpiece with a bit more effort.

I know I'm still learning (won't stop until I die), and I'm always
open to suggestions.
How will Douglas respond, I wonder? (O:

As for the rest of his post, it deserves the following comment:

Old August 3rd 07, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Aug 2, 11:30 pm, "D.Mac" wrote:

If you could keep your mouth shut and your fingers idle for just one
second when my name is mentioned, you might find I have no interest in
you anymore.

Yeah, that's why in the original post in this thread you couldn't
resist jabbing me and mentioning your Annika1980.com website, which is
still active. If you truly have no interest in me anymore take that
site down and we can end this whole thing. That should leave you
plenty of time to focus on many of your other perceived enemies ....
Mark Thomas, Mark Morgan, Alan Browne, Tony Polson, Colin,
PixelPix, .... its a long list.

Otherwise, quit your bitching and your lying and continue to get what
you get. It matters not to me .... I'll still be out there taking
pics every day.

Old August 3rd 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pudentame

wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:25 pm, "D-Mac." wrote:
Strolling around looking for my mate, digging bait about 3 O'clock
this afternoon, I found this threesome.
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/August/3-08-07.htm

Genuinely nice shot. Not outstanding, but nice.

A few tips for next time:
- Ken Rockwellian saturation isn't always a good move,

Oh no! The *Ultimate* insult ... It's pistols at dawn for sure now. ;-D