The End of Agfa Photo

Old November 9th 05, 11:08 PM
Gregory Blank

Default The End of Agfa Photo

In article .com,
"digifotopro" wrote:

Thanks Mike,

Sorry to everyone for accidently posting my topic in the darkroom
forum. It was an accident. Since I can find no way to move the whole
post, it's staying here. The right people will find it anyway because
most people I would think search all groups for keywords.

Thanks to all for the posts that are relative to the new topic in this
group.

Donald

I am glad your taking it well and I hope things work out for the best
for you. I also encourage you to post relative threads to this group
as I am sure you have much to offer.

Take Care.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old November 10th 05, 07:47 PM
David Nebenzahl

digifotopro spake thus:

Sorry to everyone for accidently posting my topic in the darkroom
forum. It was an accident. Since I can find no way to move the whole
post, it's staying here. The right people will find it anyway because
most people I would think search all groups for keywords.

No problemo; only the more anal among us seem to get all worked up about
stuff like this.

And no, there's no way to "move" a thread from one newsgroup to another.
There ain't no cut-n-paste like in Windows. Best you can do is cancel
individual messages, but that doesn't always work (like when there's a
subthread below a message). Just don't sweat it.

--
.... asked to comment on Michigan governor George Romney's remark that
the army had "brainwashed" him in Vietnam—-a remark which knocked Romney

(Eugene McCarthy, onetime candidate for POTUS)
Old November 10th 05, 08:14 PM
UC

David Nebenzahl wrote:
digifotopro spake thus:

Sorry to everyone for accidently posting my topic in the darkroom
forum. It was an accident. Since I can find no way to move the whole
post, it's staying here. The right people will find it anyway because
most people I would think search all groups for keywords.

No problemo; only the more anal among us seem to get all worked up about
stuff like this.

What about the retentive? Don't they matter? Doesn't anybody care about
them?

Old November 18th 05, 10:07 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Just I promised, I am reporting back after seeking legal advise on this
topic. My lawyer basically says it will be tricky to get out of the
Agfa D-lab lease being as I'll be dealing with the bankruptcy court
administrators and they don't like to loose. However I was advise to
send Agfa a certified letter explaining all the problems I've had in
the past with the equipment, the interuptions in current supplies, and
the longer delay in getting a service tech out to fix my 2 $200,000
labs. I was advised to demand "revocation of acceptance of the
equipment" under some MN state statute. I will post the statute number
later. I will write in the letter that I will refuse to pay them
another penny and demand they come get their equipment immediately. I
will threaten (perhaps truthfully) to file for Bankruptcy myself if the
administrators try to sue me for the remaining balance of the leases
therefore not collecting a penny. My lawyer says with all the trouble
with these machines it should be no problem to get out of the leases.
I tend to think that the court admins would spend more money coming
after the equipment then they would be able to liquidate it for and
therefore may not do anything. Every single Agfa lab owner I have
talked to has had numberous part failures and a tremendous amount of
down time as a result. It soulnds like these agfa d-labs may not be
worth servicing anymore? I will wait to hear a response from
Agfa.......

Old November 18th 05, 10:14 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Just as I promised, I am reporting back after seeking legal advice on
this
topic. My lawyer basically says it will be tricky to get out of the
Agfa D-lab lease being as I'll be dealing with the bankruptcy court
administrators and they don't like to loose. However I was advised to
send Agfa a certified letter explaining all the problems I've had in
the past with the equipment, the interuptions in current supplies, and
the longer delay in getting a service tech out to fix my 2 $200,000
labs. I was advised to demand "revocation of acceptance" of the
equipment under some MN state statute or Universal Commercial Code. I
will post the exact statute when I find it again. I will write in the
letter that I will refuse to pay them another penny and demand they
come get their equipment immediately. I
will threaten (perhaps truthfully) to file for Bankruptcy myself if the
administrators try to sue me for the remaining balance of the leases
therefore not collecting a penny. My lawyer says with all the trouble
with these machines it should be no problem to get out of the leases.
I tend to think that the court admins would spend more money coming
after the equipment then they would be able to liquidate it for and
therefore may not do anything. Every single Agfa lab owner I have
talked to has had numberous part failures and a tremendous amount of
down time as well. It soulnds like these agfa d-labs may not be
worth servicing anymore? I will wait to hear a response from
Agfa.......

Again, any D-lab owners please comment.

Donald