Photography forum

Old October 14th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Harry Stottle

Default Photography forum

"Greg "_"" wrote in message
In article . com,
"stemmy" wrote:

So I wouldnt call myself a spammer I just want as many people to
benefit from what is a superb FREE forum.

Sorry if you feel differently.

The fact that your replying probably makes you not a spammer, however
some may not see it this way.

Have a look at the following link to see if you still feel the same:-
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/se...rg&qt_s=Search
Scroll through some of the groups he has posted to, including rec.scuba
October 11th.

Check the 'Wedding Photographer' title in July 1999.
Check 'The one stop Wedding Service' title in September 2002
Check the 'My Photography Forum' title in November 2005 where he has
just added a new forum to his website.
This is the same person that opened this thread with
Quote Forgive me if I am overstepping the boundaries posting this her.
Im new to Groups /Quote
If he is not a spammer, then why try and hide his intentions by posting
blatant lies? He might appear amiable, (until pressed), but he is still
a spammer.

Old October 14th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
stemmy

Harry Stottle wrote:
"Greg "_"" wrote in message
In article . com,
"stemmy" wrote:

[...]

Hi harry.

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
1999 2
2002 1
2005 2

Just thought I would copy and paste my groups posting acivity from 1999
to 2005. I promise this is a copy and past - not that you will believe
me as you have made your intentions perfectly clear.

5 posts in 6 years - not the most productive spammer in the world.

Old October 14th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Harry Stottle

"stemmy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Stottle wrote:
"Greg "_"" wrote in message
In article . com,
"stemmy" wrote:

[...]

I see that you have left out at least 12 posts in 2006, with 8 of those
being this month, but nice of you to admit that you are a spammer.

I would have had no problem with your post here if you had been honest
and up front from the start, with something like 'Hello all, I have a
photography forum on such_a_link where you might find something of
interest to you, so if you have a few minutes to spare, please pop over
and have a look', but for you to deliberately lie, and attempt to
deceive people in several newsgroups,.has to leave me wondering what
sort of person is hiding behind that friendly exterior.

Old October 14th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Harry Stottle wrote:
"stemmy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Stottle wrote:
"Greg "_"" wrote in message
In article . com,
"stemmy" wrote:

[...]

Hey Harry,
Stemmy is fine. Really, think about it. You've been nothing but an
accusatory asshole to him, and he hasn't reacted in kind one iota. Why
would that leave you "wondering what sort of person is hiding behind
that friendly exterior."? Your actions, on the other hand, doesn't
leave us wondering what kind of person you are at all. The phrase "up
tight" comes to mind. "Axe to grind" and "pet-peeve ridden" are right
there, too.

Old October 14th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
stemmy

Harry Stottle wrote:
"stemmy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Stottle wrote:
"Greg "_"" wrote in message
In article . com,
"stemmy" wrote:

[...]

I could say exactly the same thing harry.

Throughout this whole conversation I have been nothing but polite but
have only recieved a tirade of abuse and constant character
assasinations from you. Which I feel have been totally unpravoked.

I did a little Harry Stottle search myself. Wow you seem to have
arguments with lots of people on these groups. You know I dont feel bad
at all now.

I then did a Harry Stottle search on google. Second link was Harry
Stottle on a forum. What was next to his name - BANNED !!.

You know what Harry it has been great having this discussion with you
and Im sure you have given every reader of this thread a great insight
into Harry Stottle. I have tried to be polite - didnt work !! You have
been offensive, obstinate, and most of the time down right rude. For
some reason you have been trying to insinuate that I am , for some
reason a nasty person who just needs uncovering. I think people will
make their own judgements who the Jeckyl and Hide is from what they
have read.

This will be my last post in this thread as I have wasted too much time
already trying to talk to somebody who is blatently trying to be
argumentative. History shows that I am not the first that has had the
Harry treatment.

Sorry Harry but your attempts to uncover the "person is hiding behind
that friendly exterior" hasnt worked. maybe a bit of self reflection
migh not go a miss.

I am assuming that you are now going to reply to this post with another
string of abuse. Whilst you are writing it Harry please consider who
has been the instigater of all the bad feeling during this thread.

Life is too short Harry.

Old October 14th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
stemmy

stemmy wrote:
Harry Stottle wrote:
"stemmy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Stottle wrote:
"Greg "_"" wrote in message
In article . com,
"stemmy" wrote:

[...]

Wow !! more members of the Harry Stottle fan club !!!

Thanks for the comments.

Old October 14th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Harry Stottle

"stemmy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Stottle wrote:.

[...]

I have never used the alias Harry Stottle in any forum, so you are
barking up the wrong tree there, and I have certainly never been banned
from posting in any forum under any name. There also appear to be
several Harry Stottles posting on various other sites, but again, none
of them are me, unless it is a site linked to newsgroup messages that I
have posted using the alias Harry Stottle.

On the newsgroups that I do subscribe to, I try and contribute useful
input, help others with problems, and support the idea of newsgroups in
general as a means of sharing information. Most of the arguments I have
in newsgroups tend to be with people that abuse those groups, give bad
advice, or try and use the newsgroups as a means of self promotion.
Looking back through your posts in newsgroups, the only posts you have
ever made are about either your business interests, or about visiting
your forum, so it is obvious for everyone to see that you have no
interest in newsgroups other than to promote your own personal
interests.

As regards character assassination, a more correct term would be
character suicide, brought about by your attempt to try and treat
newsgroup members like idiots, by lying to them and trying to deceive
them. It is not me that lied to those groups, it was you, and if you
don't like it being pointed out, then tough, perhaps it will make you
think twice before doing it again, but don't try and pass the blame on
to me for your own mistakes.

Old October 14th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
stemmy

Harry Stottle wrote:
"stemmy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Stottle wrote:.

[...]

Im sorry Harry but if you read the previous posts in this thread the
only finger pointing seems to be at you my friend.

Old October 14th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
stemmy

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:
Harry Stottle wrote:

I have never used the alias Harry Stottle in any forum, [...]
[...] none
of them are me, unless it is a site linked to newsgroup messages that I
have posted using the alias Harry Stottle.

What?

MMmmmm I thought that too. If you were thinking of an alias - "Harry
Stottle" would be the first thing that jumped into your head.