Nikon 995

Old July 22nd 17, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy

Default Nikon 995

I've decided to let go of my Nikon 995. Is it likely that anyone would actually want it, or
should it just go to electronic waste?

--
croy
Old July 22nd 17, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
charles

On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:03:07 -0700, croy
wrote:

I've decided to let go of my Nikon 995. Is it likely that anyone would actually want it, or
should it just go to electronic waste?

Try eBay, I saw one there for about $50 sometime back.
Old July 22nd 17, 03:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/21/2017 10:03 PM, croy wrote:
I've decided to let go of my Nikon 995. Is it likely that anyone would actually want it, or
should it just go to electronic waste?

They sell for about twenty five dollars. Possibly you can donate it. You
can put it on EBay,if it sells, it sells. Not enough involved to spend
much time.
BTW Several years ago I converted my old Coolpix to IR simply by taking
out the IR filter. Having a ball with its incarnation.

--
PeterN
Old July 22nd 17, 03:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , croy
wrote:

I've decided to let go of my Nikon 995. Is it likely that anyone would
actually want it, or should it just go to electronic waste?

flip it on ebay, or repurpose it into a web/security camera.
Old July 22nd 17, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 21, 2017, croy wrote
(in ):

I've decided to let go of my Nikon 995. Is it likely that anyone would
actually want it,

As a 16 year old digital imaging oldie, there might be somebody who collects
this kind of thing. However, I don’t think it is worth the effort of
seeking that individual out, and I don’t believe you would get much more
than $20-$40.

or should it just go to electronic waste?

I would drop it off at a charity thrift store, with all the documentation and
accessories you have. That way a thrift store scrounger might discover it.
The thrift store makes a sale, and you are rid of it without any guilt.

Savageduck

Old July 22nd 17, 09:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2017-07-21 22:17, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 21, 2017, croy wrote
(in ):

I've decided to let go of my Nikon 995. Is it likely that anyone would
actually want it,

As a 16 year old digital imaging oldie, there might be somebody who collects
this kind of thing. However, I don’t think it is worth the effort of
seeking that individual out, and I don’t believe you would get much more
than $20-$40.

or should it just go to electronic waste?

I would drop it off at a charity thrift store, with all the documentation and
accessories you have. That way a thrift store scrounger might discover it.
The thrift store makes a sale, and you are rid of it without any guilt.

+1

--
"Natural stupidity can wreak far more havoc
than artificial intelligence..."
Old July 22nd 17, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I would offer the camera to a high school or middle school for use by
the student "reporters" for the school paper.

they'd laugh at you because they already have much better cameras in
their phones.
Old July 22nd 17, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Tony Cooper:
I would offer the camera to a high school or middle school for use by
the student "reporters" for the school paper.

If they were really nice kids they would wait until you left before
giggling and whipping out their iPhones.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old July 23rd 17, 07:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I would offer the camera to a high school or middle school for use by
the student "reporters" for the school paper.

If they were really nice kids they would wait until you left before
giggling and whipping out their iPhones.

Actually, at the middle school in which one of my grandsons was on the
Yearbook Committee of, they encourage the use of "real cameras". The
teacher who heads up the program feels that the use of a dedicated
camera makes the student feel he's "on assignment" instead of just
doing something along the lines of social media.

what rubbish.

if that 'teacher' really wanted to teach kids, he'd teach them how to
take awesome photos with whatever camera they want to use, not force
them to use demonstrably ****tier cameras because for some bogus
reason. he's out of touch with the real world and is likely jealous
that his students have better phones and cameras than he does and can
do more than he can.

http://www.americanphotomag.com/phot...tagram-syria-s
andy
- Journalist Ben Lowy covered the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy with
his phone.
- Lowy had used his phone for his work before, for instance,
documenting events in Libya during the summer of 2012.
- Covering the Democratic Republic of Congo with his iPhones has
given Michael Christopher Brown increased freedom and flexibility.
- Early adopter Richard Koci Hernandez has been a camera-phone
devotee since he started using the first iPhone (with its 2MP camera)
to shoot assignments for the San Jose Mercury News.
- Sports photographer Brad Mangin used an iPhone and Instagram for
his baseball portraits, which later became part of a book.

https://www.theverge.com/2013/6/1/43...s-cuts-entire-
photography-staff-trains-reporters-iphone
The Chicago Sun-Times this week laid off all 28 of its staff
photographers, and has reportedly begun training its remaining
reporters on "iPhone photography basics." Media journalist Robert
Feder first reported the news in a post to his Facebook page Friday,
citing an internal memo from Sun-Times managing editor Craig Newman.

https://www.good.is/articles/where-have-all-the-photojournalists-gone
In short, because it was receiving so many photo submissions via its
user-generated iReport platform, CNN decided that it could afford to
do away with 12 of its full-time photographers. The message at the
root of the layoffs was big: In an age when anyone with an iPhone can
tweet breaking news pictures, the photojournalist is going the way of
the pterodactyl.

https://www.kodakphones.com/photojournalism-smartphones-essential/
But as a journalist and film maker, he says the greatest value of
smartphones is precisely that everyone has one, opening up
possibilities to secure images and footage in places where the media
is denied access.

The subjects of the
photographs react differently, too. They don't pay attention to phone
photos because that's so everyday to them.

which is normally a *good* thing and makes for better photos.
Old July 23rd 17, 03:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
m-m

In article , croy
wrote:

I've decided to let go of my Nikon 995. Is it likely that anyone would
actually want it, or
should it just go to electronic waste?

I use a 995 for digiscoping and it is the best camera out there for
that purpose. The one I have is broken.

I would welcome having one that still works.

Is it still available?

email address is on my website mhmyers.com

--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com