An Interesting Comparison; D750 vs X-T2 at FOS

Old July 7th 17, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default An Interesting Comparison; D750 vs X-T2 at FOS

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/6/fuji-x-t2-vs-nikon-d750-motorsport

Savageduck

Old July 8th 17, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 07 Jul 2017 09:01:30 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/6/fuji-x-t2-vs-nikon-d750-motorsport

"Despite the low angle of many of these photos, I shoot everything
from public positions. That means getting into unnaturally low and
awkward positions and handholding the camera for long periods
crouched or bending down (panning whilst unbalanced is seriously
hard work). The D750 and 200-500mm was brutal in that respect..."

Doesn't worry me. It's years since I have been able to engage in that
kind of gymnastics. I have been known to take a light plastic stoll
with me on occasion. :-)

An interesting series of shots. I noted his comment's on the colours
of the Fuji's JPGs.

Eric Stevens
Old July 8th 17, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 7, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/6/fuji-x-t2-vs-nikon-d750-motorsport

"Despite the low angle of many of these photos, I shoot everything
from public positions. That means getting into unnaturally low and
awkward positions and handholding the camera for long periods
crouched or bending down (panning whilst unbalanced is seriously
hard work). The D750 and 200-500mm was brutal in that respect..."

Doesn't worry me. It's years since I have been able to engage in that
kind of gymnastics. I have been known to take a light plastic stoll
with me on occasion. :-)

An interesting series of shots. I noted his comment's on the colours
of the Fuji's JPGs.

If you dig a bit deeper into his site you will find his 2017 FOS (X-T2), and
2016 FOS (D750) blogs:
http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/5/festival-of-speed-with-a-fuji
http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/5/15/festival-of-speed-2016

Savageduck

Old July 8th 17, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/6/fuji-x-t2-vs-nikon-d750-motorsport

If he includes the 56/1.2, his X-T2 kit is only 400 grams lighter than
his D750 kit.

But for what concerns me, my micro 4/3 kit is significantly than my APS-
C kit.

While the bodies with the allrounder zoom have about the same weight
(but the 12-100 m4/3 lens has more range than the 16-80 APS-C lens), the
75-300 m4/3 lens is much lighter than the 70-300 G SSM APS-C lens (and
has more range and better image quality). That's because the 70-300 lens
is fullframe-compatible which makes it bigger and heavier than it needs
to be.

Then I could replace the Sigma 8-16 UWA lens with a Laowa 7.5 prime
(about 600 grams vs. less than 200 grams). No such lenses available in
the Sony APS-C world.

Finally, instead of a heavy (but powerful) external flash I bought a
small and lightweight Meike flash for m4/3. Very, very seldom I need the
full power of the bigger flash (and I rarely use the flash anyway).

For the kind of photography I'm doing (travel photography), I'm out from
morning to late evening and then every gram you carry with you matters.
With the APS-C kit I ended up leaving lenses at home and not carrying
the flash, often I would just bring the camera with the 16-80 zoom with
me. But with the new m4/3 kit, I can carry the complete kit with me all
the time because it is light enough.

Oh, and BTW, I don't even need a tripod anymore, because due to image
stabilisation sharp 1-5 seconds handheld shots are possible.

What's the point of having the greatest camera and lenses, if you don't
have it with you when you need it.

My brother a while ago bought a Nikon D600. Initially he used it ia bit,
but over time he started leaving it at home, because it was too bulky
and instead carried around a smaller Canon APS-C mirrorless. Now he is
not using the D600 anymore.
--
Alfred Molon

Old July 8th 17, 02:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 8, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/6/fuji-x-t2-vs-nikon-d750-motorsport

If he includes the 56/1.2, his X-T2 kit is only 400 grams lighter than
his D750 kit.

That Fujicon 100-400mm is a big lens, and at $1900 not inexpensive. However,
it is the only option for Fujifilm X-series shooters looking for that sort of
FL. I can only see myself renting it for specific events. For my daily use I
am sticking to primes; 14mm, 23mm, 35mm, and two zooms, the 18-55mm and the
55-200mm. I am also looking at the new 50mm f/2.0 and the 50-140mm f/2.8.

But for what concerns me, my micro 4/3 kit is significantly than my APS-
C kit.

I guess you mean "significantly lighter"?

[...]

I pretty much find myself in a similar situation with my X-E2 and X-T2.
However, these days when I go for a walk, I might just select a prime (lately
my most used lens is the XF23mm f/2.0) and only use that, or add another
prime, and/or the XF18-55mm to my pocket.

Oh, and BTW, I don't even need a tripod anymore, because due to image
stabilisation sharp 1-5 seconds handheld shots are possible.

What's the point of having the greatest camera and lenses, if you don't
have it with you when you need it.

These days I can have my greatest camera, the X-T2, with me when I need it
while my D300S sits at home.

My brother a while ago bought a Nikon D600. Initially he used it ia bit,
but over time he started leaving it at home, because it was too bulky
and instead carried around a smaller Canon APS-C mirrorless. Now he is
not using the D600 anymore.

From my point of view, the greatest benefit of my move from Nikon DSLR to the
Fujifilm APS-C X-system has been the weight saving, and being able to fit a 4
lens travel kit into a Domke 803 bag, rather than lug the load of a D300S +
battery grip and lenses.

Savageduck

Old July 8th 17, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...
But for what concerns me, my micro 4/3 kit is significantly than my APS-
C kit.

I guess you mean "significantly lighter"?

Yep. That word got lost somewhere.
--
Alfred Molon

Old July 13th 17, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

But for what concerns me, my micro 4/3 kit is significantly than my APS-
C kit.

The EOS-M with the 22/2.0, Arca QR plate and OVF is 480g... ;-))
--
teleportation kills
Old July 15th 17, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , android
says...

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

But for what concerns me, my micro 4/3 kit is significantly than my APS-
C kit.

The EOS-M with the 22/2.0, Arca QR plate and OVF is 480g... ;-))

My kit covers a focal length range of 7.5 to 300mm (15 to 600mm equiv.).
How much would a EOS-M kit with a similar focal length range weight?
Note that the E-M1 II body is not exactly a light-weight.

The other camera, the Panasonic GM1 with a 12-32 zoom (24-64 equiv.) is
280g - try beating that.
--
Alfred Molon

Old July 16th 17, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , android
says...

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

But for what concerns me, my micro 4/3 kit is significantly than my APS-
C kit.

The EOS-M with the 22/2.0, Arca QR plate and OVF is 480g... ;-))

My kit covers a focal length range of 7.5 to 300mm (15 to 600mm equiv.).

I don't do superzooms... But if I did I'd get one of these:

https://www.scandinavianphoto.se/pro...coolpix-b700-s
vart

How much would a EOS-M kit with a similar focal length range weight?

Couldn't care less...

Note that the E-M1 II body is not exactly a light-weight.

All pain without gain then!

The other camera, the Panasonic GM1 with a 12-32 zoom (24-64 equiv.) is
280g - try beating that.

My Xperia M4 weight's 130g and that is that what I'll be using the
coming months! ;-)
--
teleportation kills