Luminar for Windows

Old July 13th 17, 01:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Luminar for Windows

Hey Guys,
I'm with Macphun software and I would like to invite you to check out our new open beta of Luminar for Windows. It is fully compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 and we will really appreciate your feedback.
Old July 13th 17, 02:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

and we will really appreciate your feedback.

don't spam, for a start.
Old July 13th 17, 03:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

wrote

| Hey Guys,
| I'm with Macphun software and I would like to invite you to check out our
new open beta of Luminar |for Windows. It is fully compatible with Windows
7, 8, 10 and we will really appreciate your feedback.

Guys? And no links or info? First impressions,
after finding your site:

* How is it that a graphic editing company can't
make a website that works properly? Your page is
not even self-sizing. Yet you put lots of work into
the cutesy special effects at the top. And your
download button doesn't work. Let me guess...
It's broken because it requires gratuitous script,
right? So I have to enable script to figure out
what the heck you're talking about? Even though
I've never heard of Luminar? Perhaps you could
ease up on the "artistry" of your site and consider
usability. (Speaking of artistry, why does it look
like someone broke a pillow around Neptune? Since
when are stars line-shaped?)

* I don't see anything about a Windows version.
Is that a different website that you neglected
to mention?

* My first impression is that it's mostly special
effects tools for Mac users who don't really edit
photos but want to play with "wow" effects. I
can't really tell, because you don't actually
describe the product. But it's "AI-powered".
Oh, boy. So it's gimmicks to describe gimmicks?

* $69? More than I paid for Paint Shop Pro 16. And
I think Aftershot Pro was something like $20.
Why, exactly do I need AI-pumped Neptune? So
I can snaz up my photos without understanding
photo editing?

* If you want to sell to Windows users you might
consider providing more in-depth information than
"Makes all your photos great!" On the other hand,
I noticed there's no "asset management" crap.
That's a plus.

Old July 13th 17, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

* How is it that a graphic editing company can't
make a website that works properly?

it works perfectly fine here.

Your page is
not even self-sizing. Yet you put lots of work into
the cutesy special effects at the top. And your
download button doesn't work.

user error again.

Let me guess...
It's broken because it requires gratuitous script,
right? So I have to enable script to figure out
what the heck you're talking about?

user error a third time.

very, very few sites work with javascript disabled.

don't criticize a company's web site when you have disabled standard
functionality in your browser.

Even though
I've never heard of Luminar?

you haven't heard of a lot of things.

Perhaps you could
ease up on the "artistry" of your site and consider
usability. (Speaking of artistry, why does it look
like someone broke a pillow around Neptune? Since
when are stars line-shaped?)

wtf are you talking about??

* I don't see anything about a Windows version.
Is that a different website that you neglected
to mention?

you didn't look very hard.

* My first impression is that it's mostly special
effects tools for Mac users who don't really edit
photos but want to play with "wow" effects. I
can't really tell, because you don't actually
describe the product. But it's "AI-powered".
Oh, boy. So it's gimmicks to describe gimmicks?

you didn't look very hard.

* $69? More than I paid for Paint Shop Pro 16. And
I think Aftershot Pro was something like $20.
Why, exactly do I need AI-pumped Neptune? So
I can snaz up my photos without understanding
photo editing?

there's a lot you don't understand, photo editing is just one.

* If you want to sell to Windows users you might
consider providing more in-depth information than
"Makes all your photos great!" On the other hand,
I noticed there's no "asset management" crap.
That's a plus.

nothing crappy about asset management.
Old July 14th 17, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"nospam" wrote

| I noticed there's no "asset management" crap.
| That's a plus.
|
| nothing crappy about asset management.

Yes, I know you feel that way. I have no problem
with companies adding training wheels to their
software. But the training wheels should be easily
removable.

That's one of the problems with PSP16.
It has 3 windows. Two are nonsense. Yet I can't
even set the default, much less remove the two.
So it always opens to PSPs useless Explorer clone.

The third window is a pointless quick-apply
window. Same functionality that's in the main editor,
but with the focus on only applying an operation
or filter. Considering how long Corel have been at it,
their UI design is surprisingly bad.

Old July 14th 17, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 13, 2017, Mayayana wrote
(in article ):

"nospam" wrote

I noticed there's no "asset management" crap.
That's a plus.

nothing crappy about asset management.

Yes, I know you feel that way. I have no problem
with companies adding training wheels to their
software. But the training wheels should be easily
removable.

That's one of the problems with PSP16.
It has 3 windows. Two are nonsense. Yet I can't
even set the default, much less remove the two.
So it always opens to PSPs useless Explorer clone.

The third window is a pointless quick-apply
window. Same functionality that's in the main editor,
but with the focus on only applying an operation
or filter. Considering how long Corel have been at it,
their UI design is surprisingly bad.

You should consider a look at On1 Photo Raw 2017, and/or Alienskin Exposure
X2.
https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/
https://www.alienskin.com/exposure/

Savageduck

Old July 14th 17, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| I noticed there's no "asset management" crap.
| That's a plus.
|
| nothing crappy about asset management.

Yes, I know you feel that way.

it has nothing to do with me.

I have no problem
with companies adding training wheels to their
software. But the training wheels should be easily
removable.

you really have no clue about this stuff.

That's one of the problems with PSP16.
It has 3 windows. Two are nonsense. Yet I can't
even set the default, much less remove the two.
So it always opens to PSPs useless Explorer clone.

then switch to a different app. nobody is forcing you to use it
Old July 14th 17, 03:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Savageduck" wrote

| You should consider a look at On1 Photo Raw 2017, and/or Alienskin
Exposure
| X2.
| https://www.on1.com/products/photo-raw/
| https://www.alienskin.com/exposure/

I assume that was a joke. I hope it was a joke.

$100+ for a program that does what I just said I
don't want: Redundant file system functionality
and dummy filters. I only want a decent editor.
I never alter images to look like cray-pas drawings
and I don't have any need to erase skin pores
from fashion models. Nor am I interested in
anything like a "Renoir lighting filter". With images
for the Web I'm usually dealing with pasting, altering,
resizing, etc. With photos I'm typically just focussed
on color, clarity, etc. Trying to get what I think is
the best quality image rather than trying to create
something new. I realize that's sometimes a fine line.
But crossing the line usually looks gimmicky, with
a look of, "I did it because I could". Or it looks
commercial. (Why do women's magazine cover
designers insist on eye colors that don't exist, for
example? Do they really think an airbrush cartoon
of a movie star is more compelling than a real
photo? I don't.)

Old July 14th 17, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 14, 2017, Mayayana wrote
(in article ):

wrote

[...]