real brush/colorant and digital tablet

Old March 21st 15, 08:31 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Dale[_5_]

Default real brush/colorant and digital tablet

not that I am an artist, but, a tablet that:

1) as before, used real brushes,pencils,etc.
2) could detect pressure of real brushes/pencils etc.
3) use real colorants that could be extruded from the
laydown and measured colorimetrically/specctrally from the tablet
and have the color/spectrum of the colorants encoded digitally

could you make a tablet that extruded colorants and encoded
the color/spectrum digital and included the patterns/pressures of "real"
laydown instruments?

--
(my whereabouts below)
http://www.dalekelly.org
Old March 21st 15, 08:44 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-03-21 19:31:59 +0000, Dale said:

not that I am an artist,

Obviously not. However, given the depth and diversity of the groups you
cross post to, along with some of the inanity of the content of your
posts, you are undoubtably an extraordinary TROLL.

Savageduck

Old March 24th 15, 11:13 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Dale[_5_]

On 2015-03-21 19:31:59 +0000, Dale said:

not that I am an artist,

Obviously not.

okay, I'll clarify

1) use "real" instruments (brushes,pencils, etc.)

2) use "real" colorants (paints,etc.)

3) use a digital canvas connected to a computer

4) use the instruments to laydown the colorants on the digital canvas

5) the digital canvas should have a grid/extruder "layer" to collect the
colorants

6) the digital canvas should haver a dryer "layer" to dry the colorants
after the extrusion

7) the digital canvas should have a color and/or spectrum measurement "layer"
to measure the colorimetry/spectrum after drying

8) the digital canvas should have a transmission "layer" to transfer the
colorimetry/spectrum to the computer so they can be digitally encoded,

9) the CIECAM02 "appearance" considerations of (4) should be input to (8)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIECAM02

However, given the depth and diversity of the groups you
cross post to, along with some of the inanity of the content of your
posts, you are undoubtably an extraordinary TROLL.

10) I don't have a bridge/tollbooth

11) you could nominate me for a alt.usenet.kooks kook award, I
already have two, they won't give me more if I ask

12) a kook award might be good for my resume

--
(my whereabouts below)
http://www.dalekelly.org
Old March 25th 15, 12:48 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
John K. Herreshoff

On 2015-03-21 19:31:59 +0000, Dale said:

not that I am an artist,

[...]

You're spinning your wheels here. Go over to #gimp on IRC and air your
issues there.

John.
--
Using the Cubic at home
Old March 25th 15, 02:53 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Dale[_5_]

top-posting alert ...

replace "digital canvas" with "hybrid canvas"

not that I am an artist,

Old March 25th 15, 04:07 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Dale[_5_]

another top-posting alertt ...

this whole thing could be done easier without the
colorants/extruder/dryer/measurement and with a color selector
that uses spectral data or
hue/saturation/lightness/appearance-considerations
of the actual colorants, named colors in ICC terms,

you could use spectral models instead of colorimetric ...

top-posting alert ...

not that I am an artist,

Old March 25th 15, 05:19 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Dale[_5_]

top-posting alert ...

the whole "hybrid canvas" would need a cleaning mechanism
of

1) colorants on top
2) colorants in extruder
3) colorants in dryer
4) cleaner able to handle the most variety of colorants

OR

make the whole thing disposable

top-posting alert ...

not that I am an artist,

Old March 25th 15, 05:28 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Detlef Müller

On 24.03.2015 23:13, Dale wrote:
[...]
okay, I'll clarify

1) use "real" instruments (brushes,pencils, etc.)
2) use "real" colorants (paints,etc.)

[...]
7) the digital canvas should have a color and/or spectrum measurement "layer"
to measure the colorimetry/spectrum after drying

[...]
Doesn't such a Device already exist -
I think it is called "digital camera":
Paint it, let it dry, digitalize it.

(f'up)

Regards,
Detlef
Old March 26th 15, 05:26 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.darkroom,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Dale[_5_]

On 2015-03-25, Detlef Müller wrote:
On 24.03.2015 23:13, Dale wrote:
[...]
okay, I'll clarify

1) use "real" instruments (brushes,pencils, etc.)
2) use "real" colorants (paints,etc.)

[...]
7) the digital canvas should have a color and/or spectrum measurement "layer"
to measure the colorimetry/spectrum after drying

[...]
Doesn't such a Device already exist -
I think it is called "digital camera":
Paint it, let it dry, digitalize it.

that is a lot easier, I forgot people did it, been out of the
industry for over 17 years ...

(f'up)

Regards,
Detlef