fourier plug-in for gimp

Old October 22nd 14, 09:44 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Dale[_2_]

Default fourier plug-in for gimp

having troubling with make and make install of the fourier transform
plug-in for gimp

http://chidge.net/?m=stuff&o=howtos&p=fft

supposed to do forward and reverse

the make error I get is
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

if I (make install) after the make error, there is no error and it
creates a binary, but the filers don't show up under filters/generic
like the website above says

the binary is call fourier, if I try to run it I get the error
bash: ./fourier: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

there is something other things called --install-bin and gimptool-2.0,
but if I try to execute them, there are errors

do I have to move the binary somewhere?

I think I have all the libraries, there are no errors that libraries are
needed

I am using this version of Ubuntu Linux
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

and GIMP 2.8.10

I'll be googling around in the mean time...

--
Dale
Old October 23rd 14, 01:40 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
ray carter

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:44:33 -0400, Dale wrote:

[...]

Have you tried he
http://gmic.sourceforge.net/gimp.shtml
Old October 23rd 14, 03:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Dale[_2_]

Default Also:

On 10/22/2014 07:41 PM, philo wrote:
You should really ask on the Ubuntu group there are folks there who know
considerably more than I do

I asked on Ubuntu, someone suggested to run, make clean, first
then I had to run the command that "make install" put out

fourier-0.4.3$ cp fourier /home/dale/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins

it works but the background looks around 50%, if I enlarge it I can see
some of the image

the reverse works too

I'm working off these tutorials
http://www.cs.unm.edu/~brayer/vision/fourier.html
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/HIPR2/fourier.htm
http://people.via.ecp.fr/~remi/soft/...n.php3#fourier

the last link has a Yuv transform from RGB, it installed right the same
way, know it is an approximation depending on what RGB, good enough for
me, for now

--
Dale

Old October 23rd 14, 04:43 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
ray carter

[...]

FWIW you should be able to accomplish that with the ImageMagick - convert
command - there is an option for fft and one for ift (inverse fft).
Old October 23rd 14, 11:38 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Dale[_2_]

On 10/23/2014 11:43 AM, ray carter wrote:
[...]

thanks, I'll have to learn ImageMagick

--
Dale
Old October 24th 14, 03:37 AM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
ray carter

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 18:38:45 -0400, Dale wrote:

[...]

Just install it and do 'man convert' - describes fft and ift and, I
think, gives an example.
Old October 25th 14, 10:21 PM posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Dale[_2_]

On 10/23/2014 11:43 AM, ray carter wrote:
FWIW you should be able to accomplish that with the ImageMagick - convert
command - there is an option for fft and one for ift (inverse fft).

thanks, got that one too

figured out what was wrong with the gimp one

--
Dale