Huh!

Old July 24th 17, 01:45 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Huh!

To stop or not to stop, that is the question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb1vcu7vys1e6sv/2017-07-23%2018.08.59.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old July 26th 17, 12:31 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 24/07/2017 10:45 @wiz, PeterN wrote:
To stop or not to stop, that is the question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb1vcu7vys1e6sv/2017-07-23%2018.08.59.jpg?dl=0

In New Zealand at least they have a grain of humour about these things:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/_A204094.jpg
Old July 26th 17, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 7:32:11 AM UTC-4, Noons wrote:
On 24/07/2017 10:45 @wiz, PeterN wrote:
To stop or not to stop, that is the question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb1vcu7vys1e6sv/2017-07-23%2018.08.59.jpg?dl=0

In New Zealand at least they have a grain of humour about these things:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/_A204094.jpg

Reminds me of a similar "signage confluence" that I saw many years
ago on Armory Street in downtown Philadelphia, that made me regret
not having a camera with me. I don't think I even owned a camera
back then, and I never did get back there to photograph it.
This may have been the old street location (Google Street View),
which illustrates the old (19th Century?) Armory building which
today is undergoing rennovations:

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szDlxypSaQwrQjknPGBmlCw!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

In any event...

It was again a single pole which had two signs on it which created a conundrum.

The first sign was: "Armored Vehicle Crossing"

The second sign was: "Children Playing"

-hh
Old July 26th 17, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

On 26-Jul-17 1:57 PM, -hh wrote:
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 7:32:11 AM UTC-4, Noons wrote:
On 24/07/2017 10:45 @wiz, PeterN wrote:
To stop or not to stop, that is the question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb1vcu7vys1e6sv/2017-07-23%2018.08.59.jpg?dl=0

In New Zealand at least they have a grain of humour about these things:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/_A204094.jpg

Reminds me of a similar "signage confluence" that I saw many years
ago on Armory Street in downtown Philadelphia, that made me regret
not having a camera with me. I don't think I even owned a camera
back then, and I never did get back there to photograph it.
This may have been the old street location (Google Street View),
which illustrates the old (19th Century?) Armory building which
today is undergoing rennovations:

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szDlxypSaQwrQjknPGBmlCw!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

Interesting building. Thanks for sharing.

In any event...

It was again a single pole which had two signs on it which created a conundrum.

The first sign was: "Armored Vehicle Crossing"

The second sign was: "Children Playing"

Haha! :-D

You are obviously 'good' with GSV. Do YOU see a /blurred/ image if you
try to view THIS address on GSV -hh?

108 Warrior Dr, Kingsport, TN

I'm wondering if I might have a techie problem with my laptop!

--
David B.
Old July 26th 17, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 10:20:13 AM UTC-4, David B. wrote:
On 26-Jul-17 1:57 PM, -hh wrote:
[...]

The problem's in the driver of the keyboard, which has become
corrupted by a superfluous OT obsession instead of getting on
with their life. Hope that helps.

-hh
Old July 26th 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

On 26-Jul-17 1:57 PM, -hh wrote:
[...]

No, not really. :-(

I'm currently sheltering from the rain and wind on board my narrowboat.
We're waiting for the sun to shine before moving on.

Saddened, too, that you couldn't find the time to give a civil answer.
shrug

--
Sometimes man stumbles over the truth. (W.Churchill)
Old July 26th 17, 03:54 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

On 26-Jul-17 12:31 PM, Noons wrote:
On 24/07/2017 10:45 @wiz, PeterN wrote:
To stop or not to stop, that is the question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb1vcu7vys1e6sv/2017-07-23%2018.08.59.jpg?dl=0

In New Zealand at least they have a grain of humour about these things:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/photos/_A204094.jpg

:-D

--
Sometimes man stumbles over the truth. (W.Churchill)
Old July 27th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 8:45:51 PM UTC-4, peterN wrote:
To stop or not to stop, that is the question.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb1vcu7vys1e6sv/2017-07-23%2018.08.59.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN

Hi,

I do not have a photo of it yet, but at a railroad crossing in Katonah,NY is a sign that reads:

"Parking on the railroad tracks is forbidden by N.Y.State law."

That is even worse than the McDonald's signs that our hot coffee is hot.

Mort Linder