History channel investigating Earhart photograph

Old July 13th 17, 04:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peabody[_3_]

Default History channel investigating Earhart photograph

A recent Amelia Earhart documentary was based largely on a photograph
purportedly showing Earhart and Noonan on dock after they were "rescued" by
the Japanese military. Now it appears the photo was taken at least two years
before the Earhart disappearance.

The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

"HISTORY has a team of investigators exploring the latest developments about
Amelia Earhart, and we will be transparent in our findings," according to the
statement. "Ultimately, historical accuracy is most important to us and our
viewers."

Yeah. The channel that brings you the Ancient Aiens bull**** sure needs to
worry about its reputation.

Old July 13th 17, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 12, 2017, Peabody wrote
(in ):

A recent Amelia Earhart documentary was based largely on a photograph
purportedly showing Earhart and Noonan on dock after they were "rescued" by
the Japanese military. Now it appears the photo was taken at least two years
before the Earhart disappearance.

The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

"HISTORY has a team of investigators exploring the latest developments about
Amelia Earhart, and we will be transparent in our findings," according to the
statement. "Ultimately, historical accuracy is most important to us and our
viewers."

Yeah. The channel that brings you the Ancient Aiens bull**** sure needs to
worry about its reputation.

The first thing one should note is, The History Channel, along with Discovery
Channel, The Learning Channel, Velocity, and the NatGeo Channel are all
Murdoch owned. They are doing their best to deliver a set of "alternate
facts” as exemplified by that other Murdoch channel, Fox News.

As for that photograph, the question to be asked is; Where are the Japanese
soldiers and sailors?

Savageduck

Old July 13th 17, 05:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jeff

Peabody wrote in
:

A recent Amelia Earhart documentary was based largely on a photograph
purportedly showing Earhart and Noonan on dock after they were "rescued"
by the Japanese military. Now it appears the photo was taken at least
two years before the Earhart disappearance.

The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

"HISTORY has a team of investigators exploring the latest developments
about Amelia Earhart, and we will be transparent in our findings,"
according to the statement. "Ultimately, historical accuracy is most
important to us and our viewers."

Yeah. The channel that brings you the Ancient Aiens bull**** sure needs
to worry about its reputation.

I heard a radio report that the picture was published in a travel book or
brochure before Earhart's flight.

Old July 13th 17, 05:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-07-13 04:25:49 +0000, Jeff said:

Peabody wrote in
:

A recent Amelia Earhart documentary was based largely on a photograph
purportedly showing Earhart and Noonan on dock after they were "rescued"
by the Japanese military. Now it appears the photo was taken at least
two years before the Earhart disappearance.

The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

"HISTORY has a team of investigators exploring the latest developments
about Amelia Earhart, and we will be transparent in our findings,"
according to the statement. "Ultimately, historical accuracy is most
important to us and our viewers."

Yeah. The channel that brings you the Ancient Aiens bull**** sure needs
to worry about its reputation.

I heard a radio report that the picture was published in a travel book or
brochure before Earhart's flight.

http://jezebel.com/japanese-blogger-discredits-new-amelia-earhart-document-1796805871

Savageduck

Old July 13th 17, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Peabody:
The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

Same "history" channel that periodically "investigates" the Yeti and
the techniques that extraterrestrials used to build the Pyramids?

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old July 13th 17, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peabody[_3_]

Davoud says...
Peabody:
The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

Same "history" channel that periodically "investigates" the Yeti and
the techniques that extraterrestrials used to build the Pyramids?

The same. By contrast, PBS re-ran a Nova episode last night which examined
the idea that the giant moai statues on Easter Island were moved upright from
the quarry to their final resting place, using a kind of rocking/twisting
motion induced by teams of people on rope lines on either side and behind.
They demonstrated the techique on a 5-ton replica, and it actually works.

So instead of looking to ancient alien explanations for how the statues got
to the coast, the researchers concluded that in all probability the
explanation provided by oral tradition on the island is the correct one -
"they walked".

Highly recommmended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR2lXZqPCkE

Old July 17th 17, 12:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SteveGG

What they showed, was that it took about a day to walk half scale
statues only a few feet. So how did the ancients move full sized
statues across the island !

As for A. air fart, who cares ? I sure don't.
Old July 17th 17, 08:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SteveGG

Thanks Dave.

The biggest doesn't appear to have been moved.

Stll, somewhat smaller ones were apparently excavated and moved, and
one wonders just how without modern equipment.

Also, not only how, but why ? I guess life was easy and lots of time
and resources to squander ..