[Meta] rec.photo.digital.moderated proposal

Old June 27th 04, 08:47 PM
Bay Area Dave

Default [Meta] rec.photo.digital.moderated proposal

Lionel wrote:
Kibo informs me that Bay Area Dave stated that:

Lionel wrote:

Why do you have such a major problem with other people wanting a group
like this one, but with the garbage filtered out? How does having
another *option* available to people harm *you* ? Nobody's proposing to
moderate RPD, so it's not like it's going to make any difference to RPD.
It seems to me that *you* are the one who wants to deny people their
right to control what they read, not me.

exactly HOW am I denying someone their right to control what
they read when I'm not interfering with the content of the
newsgroup?

Actually, I was just asking you exactly the same question, which I
notice that you're still avoiding. I'm just proposing a *new* group -
I'm not proposing moderation of any existing group. You still haven't
explained why you think that creating a NEW group would interfere in
peoples' ability to choose what they want to read in THIS group.

I'm not TOUCHING a thing! YOU are the one who
wants to get their fingers in the pie; not me.

Oh bull****. I'm just talking about the possibility of a new group.
Nobody's forcing you to post to it, or even read it, so what's your
problem?
If what you & the trolls were saying about this proposal was actually
the truth, you'd just ignore the whole proposal & let it live or die on
its own merits. If it's *genuinely* as bad an idea as you guys are
claiming, nobody will use the group & it'll die by itself anyway. Do you
seriously think that the people here are so utterly spineless that
they'd post to RPDM if I were so egotistical as to treat it as my own
personal playground? So I ask you again; what the hell is your objection
to people *choosing* to read a troll-filtered group?
My hunch is that your *real* objection is the same as that of the
trolls - you both hate the idea that people could have the *option* to
keep attention-seeking people from waggling their virtual wienies in
their faces.

no, no, and NO!

my main gripe is that you are piggybacking onto R.P.D. for
"your" new group. You want a group, START one from scratch.
I don't think posts in RDP should be crossposted. Using
the language and tone that you have with me re-affirms once
again you are hardly the person cut out to be in charge of
anything. You are egotistic, rude and indecent. You can't
stick to the topic; instead you resort to name calling and
generalizations; hardly the actions of a true leader. You
haven't got what it takes, Lionel.

dave

Old June 27th 04, 08:48 PM
Bay Area Dave

Kimberlee wrote:

*I* want a place to learn about photography, sans the bs.
Count me in!
~Kimberlee

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...

exactly HOW am I denying someone their right to control what
they read when I'm not interfering with the content of the
newsgroup? I'm not TOUCHING a thing! YOU are the one who
wants to get their fingers in the pie; not me.

dave

so ignore the OT posts!

dave

Old June 27th 04, 09:14 PM
Bay Area Dave

Bay Area Dave wrote:
I don't think posts
in RDP should be crossposted.
dave

dyslexia strikes again! I meant "R.P.D."

Old June 28th 04, 04:14 AM
Bay Area Dave

Rich wrote:

Lionel wrote in message . ..

Mainly because the trolls are deliberately morphing their addresses to
screw up peoples' killfiles. You killfile one of the troll names & the
next time you check the group, there's a dozen new ones.

Here's why...

Bay Area Dave wrote in message .com...

I can post using any number of accounts, so WHY does
Keeter/Dougie, et al think that I've been shunned? I find
their actions HIGHLY comical, as I can post to my heart's
content any time I want, and IF I want to I can post from
various accounts. I just don't feel the need to...grow up,
miscreants!

dave

still can't tell the diff. between "can" and "have", moron?
I still post using my original screen name, so what's
your problem, miscreant?

dave