I feel so stupid with my new DMC-FZ1

Old October 15th 04, 03:02 AM
Sexy Olde Farte

Default I feel so stupid with my new DMC-FZ1

I went back to the store and said I think this camera is defective. I
can't get it to change flash modes. Seems that I was pressing the
flash release button to change modes.

Had it about a month now and still have no idea what the different
features are. Maybe I'll be able to take a good picture by Xmas.

Old October 15th 04, 04:05 AM
Ed Mullikin

I have an 8 meg Sony and I think that most of the "malfunctions" with the
camera are with me. Read the manual and learn a little bit at a time. I've
had mine since January and I keep discovering features.

Old October 15th 04, 04:23 AM
Gene Palmiter

When I got my new camera a couple of years ago I took the manual and the
camera to bed with me for a few days and went through it page by page and
button by button. Every couple of months I refresh and still there are
things I forget. Choices make life difficult...but its still better to have
them.

Old October 15th 04, 10:31 AM
Snufkin

In article 28Hbd.47189$Lo6.17780@fed1read03,
"Ed Mullikin" wrote:

I have an 8 meg Sony and I think that most of the "malfunctions" with the
camera are with me. Read the manual and learn a little bit at a time. I've
had mine since January and I keep discovering features.

Too true. Most manuals have a getting started section. Read thru that to
start with then delve deeper into the text as your confidence and
curiosity grows.

Digital cameras are one of the most complex devices ordinary mortals
will meet. You can 'get by' with the bare minimum, but repeatedly
reading the manual will allow much more fun.

--
Snufkin...