Mother's Day

Old May 13th 18, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

Default Mother's Day

Obligatory Mother's Day shot. Female mute swan and one of four cygnets
to make it so far.

http://whfoto.net/Fotostream/2018_2/...5/D5C_0615.jpg
Old May 13th 18, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/13/2018 10:16 AM, me wrote:
Obligatory Mother's Day shot. Female mute swan and one of four cygnets
to make it so far.

http://whfoto.net/Fotostream/2018_2/...5/D5C_0615.jpg

Nice. Here's one of mine, same theme, different bird.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nigvj82yasdcsh/Listen%20to%20me.jpg?dl=0

BTW:

I found a helpful tutorial on using the D500 for wildlife at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI1tL-aHcE

Like many tutorials, all settings may not be for your shooting style,
but I like the one about quickly switching from group focus, to center
point focus.

--
PeterN
Old May 13th 18, 07:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Sun, 13 May 2018 13:45:17 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/13/2018 10:16 AM, me wrote:
Obligatory Mother's Day shot. Female mute swan and one of four cygnets
to make it so far.

http://whfoto.net/Fotostream/2018_2/...5/D5C_0615.jpg

Nice. Here's one of mine, same theme, different bird.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nigvj82yasdcsh/Listen%20to%20me.jpg?dl=0

BTW:

I found a helpful tutorial on using the D500 for wildlife at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI1tL-aHcE

Like many tutorials, all settings may not be for your shooting style,
but I like the one about quickly switching from group focus, to center
point focus.

Thanks, I'd also recommend Steve Perry's clips/newletter/etc.

https://backcountrygallery.com/

https://backcountrygallery.com/free-...ide-for-nikon/

Old May 14th 18, 10:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 14/05/2018 10:34, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 13 May 2018 18:46:04 UTC+1, PeterN wrote:
On 5/13/2018 10:16 AM, me wrote:
Obligatory Mother's Day shot. Female mute swan and one of four cygnets
to make it so far.

http://whfoto.net/Fotostream/2018_2/...5/D5C_0615.jpg

Nice. Here's one of mine, same theme, different bird.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nigvj82yasdcsh/Listen%20to%20me.jpg?dl=0

BTW:

I found a helpful tutorial on using the D500 for wildlife at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI1tL-aHcE

Like many tutorials, all settings may not be for your shooting style,
but I like the one about quickly switching from group focus, to center
point focus.

I too was photographing my neighbours tits on saturday ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHlzx6Wyezs

One thing I noticed while scrubbing through the video clips is becausze I forgot to turn off IS (as I was using a tripod) I actually got a bit of camera shake when using the tripod.
I feel an experiment coming on.

Nice tits! ;-)

Thanks for sharing, Dave.