Put your Canon Glass to Use With Your iPhone!

Old May 24th 18, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Put your Canon Glass to Use With Your iPhone!

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The airbag blew my right hand off the steering wheel and
through the now smashed glass moonroof, where the road chewed up my
right
hand.

That's a lesson I also learned - if you are about to hit something,
take your hands away from the steering wheel. My airbag tore the watch
off my wrist, and blew it into the street. My hand felt broken for
weeks. Airbags are evil.

they don't contain air. it's an explosive gas, therefore they should be
called gasbags.

Its not a gas, its Sodium Azide which is a powder. In an airbag it is
ignited to decompose into a gas.

yep. gas. not air.

Good. Air is not a gas. I'm glad you have established that point.

whoosh.
Old May 24th 18, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/23/2018 3:33 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 23, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/23/2018 2:58 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 23, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-05-23 17:06:00 +0000, PeterN said:

On 5/23/2018 12:33 AM, android wrote:

snip

only because you know you can't back up your claims.

You can't have to many backups...

The bus that did this to my car, had too many.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjyhdrxt7cmg150/IMG_0270.JPG?dl=0

Ouch!

Still better than falling asleep at the wheel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zvn0w4e7oh2upr9/AACTEV0FQjTQ01N3PwfQIHfZa

Yep. That happened to me once. i had a bad cold, and drank about half a
bottle of cold medicine. It was luck that I didn't hurt anybody, except
for some minor injury to myself. Fortunately I had stopped at a stop
sign, fell asleep, and only knocked down the sign, and damaged a car I
borrowed from a friend. It was an expensive day, as the car repair cost
me about $1,500.

In my case it was pure fatigue. I had an unavoidable 20 hour workday, and was
heading home. I didn’t make it. I ended up upside-down hanging from my
seatbelt. The car did a barrel roll to land on its roof, and slide along the
road upside-down. The airbag blew my right hand off the steering wheel and
through the now smashed glass moonroof, where the road chewed up my right
hand. Fortunately, other than a bad seatbelt burn to my shoulder, that was my
only injury. It did get me off work for two weeks, and enough cash from
Allstate after my Ford was totalled to buy my first Mercedes, a used 560SEL.

Things worked out well for you. I had one a few years ago that could
have been much worse. I was T-boned by a drunken cop. This guy was so
out of it, that he told me that he had been celebrating his promotion,
and had more than five drinks. Fortunately, the Lexus I was driving was
a loaner car, and nobody was seriously hurt. I would up getting a
ticket, which I was fighting. Since I was not hurt, although the Lexus
was totaled, I finally agreed to plead to a lower charge, which only
cost me about $75.00. It was not worth my time to continue the fight.
The State postponed the case about five times, for BS reasons, and each
appearance took most of the day. (Including travel time.)

--
PeterN
Old May 24th 18, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/23/2018 10:52 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Bill W
wrote:

The airbag blew my right hand off the steering wheel and
through the now smashed glass moonroof, where the road chewed up my right
hand.

That's a lesson I also learned - if you are about to hit something,
take your hands away from the steering wheel. My airbag tore the watch
off my wrist, and blew it into the street. My hand felt broken for
weeks. Airbags are evil.

they don't contain air. it's an explosive gas, therefore they should be
called gasbags.

M u s t r e s i s t temptation!

--
PeterN
Old May 24th 18, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/24/2018 6:00 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2018 01:39:05 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The airbag blew my right hand off the steering wheel and
through the now smashed glass moonroof, where the road chewed up my right
hand.

That's a lesson I also learned - if you are about to hit something,
take your hands away from the steering wheel. My airbag tore the watch
off my wrist, and blew it into the street. My hand felt broken for
weeks. Airbags are evil.

they don't contain air. it's an explosive gas, therefore they should be
called gasbags.

Its not a gas, its Sodium Azide which is a powder. In an airbag it is
ignited to decompose into a gas.

yep. gas. not air.

Good. Air is not a gas. I'm glad you have established that point.

All air is gas. Not all gas is breathable air.

--
PeterN
Old May 24th 18, 07:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/24/2018 1:18 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 22:52:50 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

The airbag blew my right hand off the steering wheel and
through the now smashed glass moonroof, where the road chewed up my right
hand.

That's a lesson I also learned - if you are about to hit something,
take your hands away from the steering wheel. My airbag tore the watch
off my wrist, and blew it into the street. My hand felt broken for
weeks. Airbags are evil.

they don't contain air. it's an explosive gas, therefore they should be
called gasbags.

And Usenet is where they send the defective ones to die...

I was working on an Escalade because the air bag warning light was on.
The car had belonged to a drug dealer, and the bag part of the air bag
had been removed to make the passenger side a secret compartment - to
make room for the two kilos of coke I found. But they did leave the
explosive part intact and wired up (to keep the air bag light from
coming on...). That would have made for a very interesting accident
scene.

The police sent 15 - count-em - drug interdiction detectives for this
one vehicle. I guess that's how you reduce the risk of corruption.
They formed a circle around the car while others, and a dog, searched.

many years ago the papers reported that the police seized three hundred
thousand at a crime scene. My client told me it was closer to $450,000.

--
PeterN
Old May 24th 18, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/23/2018 9:41 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
rOn Wed, 23 May 2018 18:21:50 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Eric Stevens:
What I meant that in such a poor society a single individual would not
be able to muster the funds to buy a smartphone. Rather in much the
same way that in the majority of communities around the world no
single individual would be able to muster the funds to buy a Boeing
777.

Davoud:
What I want to know is this: have you lived in the kind of poor society
that you are talking about? Because if you have not, you are
speculating. Guessing. "Visited" is not enough. Where did you live?

Eric Stevens:
What exactly are you driving at?

What I said. If you have not lived in the third world for some period
of time (for me it was 1966-1993 in SE Asia, the Middle East, and East
Africa) your talk of how the poor and the very poor live is based on
fantasy.

"All my talk" consisted only of saying that there places where the
majority of the population cannot individually afford a cellphone. Was
I wrong?

As I stated in a prior post, that is not what you said. That may be what
you meant, but you did not say that.

--
PeterN
Old May 24th 18, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/23/2018 9:19 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 13:06:00 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/23/2018 12:33 AM, android wrote:

snip

only because you know you can't back up your claims.

You can't have to many backups...

The bus that did this to my car, had too many.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjyhdrxt7cmg150/IMG_0270.JPG?dl=0

Ouch! That looks expensive.

Didn't cost me a dime. The valet service did that right thing, fixed the
car, and gave me a loaner while it was being repaired. I could not have
reasonably asked them to do more. (I suspect that I had stayed at that
hotel for about three to four weeks, for the prior four years, may have
had something to do with their action.)

--
PeterN
Old May 24th 18, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 24 May 2018 14:12:48 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/24/2018 6:00 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2018 01:39:05 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The airbag blew my right hand off the steering wheel and
through the now smashed glass moonroof, where the road chewed up my right
hand.

That's a lesson I also learned - if you are about to hit something,
take your hands away from the steering wheel. My airbag tore the watch
off my wrist, and blew it into the street. My hand felt broken for
weeks. Airbags are evil.

they don't contain air. it's an explosive gas, therefore they should be
called gasbags.

Its not a gas, its Sodium Azide which is a powder. In an airbag it is
ignited to decompose into a gas.

yep. gas. not air.

Good. Air is not a gas. I'm glad you have established that point.

All air is gas. Not all gas is breathable air.

You will have to take that up with nospam.

Eric Stevens

Old May 24th 18, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2018-05-23 17:06:00 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

Years ago my brother in law was a passenger in a cab in Mexico City.
The cab was stopped in a stationery queue of vehicles and had been for
some time. A police car came screaming out of a side road and slid
sideways into the cab. Even before the dust had settled a load of
policemen were disgorged from the car and descended on the cab. They
hauled the driver out onto the road and started beating him with
truncheons. They then hauled him away to the police station leaving my
brother in law sitting in the by now imobilised cab.

Eric Stevens