Nikon MILK 2019?

Old May 1st 18, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Nikon MILK 2019?

Brought to the market by Nikon. Bought by you if you wanna take it home...

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/04/30/nikon-new-mirrorless-camera-will-be-brought-to-market-by-next-spring.aspx/

The first Nikon I'm looking forward to see, for possible own use since
the the FM, which sadly had air-holes under the double exposure lever
or I would have bought it...
--
teleportation kills

Old May 1st 18, 06:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 01/05/2018 05:10, android wrote:
Brought to the market by Nikon. Bought by you if you wanna take it home...

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/04/30/nikon-new-mirrorless-camera-will-be-brought-to-market-by-next-spring.aspx/

The first Nikon I'm looking forward to see, for possible own use since
the the FM, which sadly had air-holes under the double exposure lever or
I would have bought it...

At one stage, I would love to have owned that, but I gave up full-frame
with its weight and bulk over ten years ago, and mirrored cameras and
APS-C sized kit some four years ago. Never looked back!

--
Cheers,
David
Old May 1st 18, 07:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-01 05:43:36 +0000, David Taylor said:

On 01/05/2018 05:10, android wrote:
Brought to the market by Nikon. Bought by you if you wanna take it home...

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/04/30/nikon-new-mirrorless-camera-will-be-brought-to-market-by-next-spring.aspx/

The first Nikon I'm looking forward to see, for possible own use since
the the FM, which sadly had air-holes under the double exposure lever
or I would have bought it...

At one stage, I would love to have owned that, but I gave up full-frame
with its weight and bulk over ten years ago, and mirrored cameras and
APS-C sized kit some four years ago. Never looked back!

While I love the portability of my EOS M, I really feel that the files
from my 1D2 has seriously more umph. That's a cropper to but the APS-H
is wider than APS-C.
--
teleportation kills

Old May 1st 18, 07:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

On 01/05/2018 06:43, David Taylor wrote:
On 01/05/2018 05:10, android wrote:
Brought to the market by Nikon. Bought by you if you wanna take it
home...

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/04/30/nikon-new-mirrorless-camera-will-be-brought-to-market-by-next-spring.aspx/

The first Nikon I'm looking forward to see, for possible own use since
the the FM, which sadly had air-holes under the double exposure lever
or I would have bought it...

At one stage, I would love to have owned that, but I gave up full-frame
with its weight and bulk over ten years ago, and mirrored cameras and
APS-C sized kit some four years ago.Â* Never looked back!

Still enjoy the feel of a decent DSLR. Even though I use the more
portable alternatives far more, I can't see me selling it any time soon.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old May 1st 18, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 01/05/2018 07:30, RJH wrote:
[] Still enjoy the feel of a decent DSLR. Even though I use the more
portable alternatives far more, I can't see me selling it any time soon.

Oh, yes, for use in the studio or around the house. But not (for me)
for lugging round all day with a decent long zoom lens. Sell in
twenty-thirty years time when the big DSLR will have rarity or museum
value! G

--
Cheers,
David
Old May 1st 18, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/1/2018 9:20 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 01/05/2018 07:30, RJH wrote:
[] Still enjoy the feel of a decent DSLR. Even though I use the more
portable alternatives far more, I can't see me selling it any time soon.

Oh, yes, for use in the studio or around the house.Â* But not (for me)
for lugging round all day with a decent long zoom lens.Â* Sell in
twenty-thirty years time when the big DSLR will have rarity or museum
value!Â* G

I understand. But for the last several months weight is no longer an
issue. I need an electric scooter to travel more than a few hundred
yards. While I would rather not need it, the good news is that I can
carry the heavy photo gear on my scooter.

--
PeterN
Old May 1st 18, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 01/05/2018 18:04, PeterN wrote:
[] I understand. But for the last several months weight is no longer an
issue. I need an electric scooter to travel more than a few hundred
yards. While I would rather not need it, the good news is that I can
carry the heavy photo gear on my scooter.

The silver lining!

--
Cheers,
David
Old May 2nd 18, 12:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 01/05/2018 07:30, RJH wrote:
[] Still enjoy the feel of a decent DSLR. Even though I use the more
portable alternatives far more, I can't see me selling it any time soon.

Oh, yes, for use in the studio or around the house.* But not (for me)
for lugging round all day with a decent long zoom lens.* Sell in
twenty-thirty years time when the big DSLR will have rarity or museum
value!* G

I understand. But for the last several months weight is no longer an
issue. I need an electric scooter to travel more than a few hundred
yards. While I would rather not need it, the good news is that I can
carry the heavy photo gear on my scooter.

yeah you can attach a dash cam too, for recording accidents and the like :-)

For those that live on the dark side of the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=russia+dashcam
--
teleportation kills

Old May 2nd 18, 10:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 01/05/2018 07:30, RJH wrote:
[] Still enjoy the feel of a decent DSLR. Even though I use the more
portable alternatives far more, I can't see me selling it any time soon.

Oh, yes, for use in the studio or around the house.Â* But not (for me)
for lugging round all day with a decent long zoom lens.Â* Sell in
twenty-thirty years time when the big DSLR will have rarity or museum
value!Â* G

I understand. But for the last several months weight is no longer an
issue. I need an electric scooter to travel more than a few hundred
yards. While I would rather not need it, the good news is that I can
carry the heavy photo gear on my scooter.

yeah you can attach a dash cam too, for recording accidents and the like :-)

For those that live on the dark side of the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=russia+dashcam

The only explanation for most of those shots is that a high proportion
of Russian drivers are extremely drunk.

Eric Stevens
Old May 3rd 18, 01:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 01/05/2018 07:30, RJH wrote:
[...]

I wondered about that, but in a lot of clips there;s a lot of snow or
ice about and that is difficult in any country, but a lot of the
accidents seem to be the result of bad traffic managment and either bad
driving (law breaking) or not knowing how to drive.
I'd say there's little differnce between say UK, USA, canada and most
of europe as regards standards of driving and the law, but I've no idea
what tests or instruction a driver has in Russia before being let loose
on the road.
India always seems a bit of a mess and scary and a free for all as far
as traffic laws go.

This is that that you have to clear to win a non commercial drivers
licence for a regular car in Canada...
--
teleportation kills