X-E2 has Arrived

Old April 24th 15, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default X-E2 has Arrived

On 2015-04-24 01:01:46 +0000, Bill W said:

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 17:25:55 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

My X-E2 arrived today and I have unboxed it, and I am trying to get a
handle on the menus and various settings & options. So far things are
not too tough to comprehend and I think I will be able to run it
through a reasonable test run this weekend.

First impressions. It is solidly built and all moving parts, dials, etc
seem to be precise and engineered with thought.
The EVF is VERY good and I have not detected any lag (so far).

I believe I have got the weight savings I was hoping for. This thing is
TINY! I took some iPhone comparison shots of th X-E2 side-by-side with
the D300S.
Since my Dropbox public links are temporarily suspended due to
excessive traffic(the 24 hour suspension should expire about 03:45
tomorrow), I have had to resort to my third option for cloud file
sharing, box.com. I have no idea of just how they present/display
images at the recieving end, so some feed back would be nice. I am not
sure if they link individual images or the entire folder they are
contained in, so just one URL to test.
https://app.box.com/s/1xs9fzayydv4whsl15cpb9zsr15p7r3r

The display is just fine, and I see only one photo.

Good! So it is just one image per URL or an entire folder, that is good
to know. Thanks for the feedback. I might start using Box a bit more
since I got 50GB of free storage in a promotional deal. It just seemed
to be a bit more of a kludge than Dropbox, and I had no idea of what
showed up on the other end of the pipe.

I guess Dropbox wasn't going to tolerate the bandwidth use/traffic I
stirred up yesterday.

So here is a Box folder with the 4 side-by-side shots I took with my
iPhone.
https://app.box.com/s/qges8f5hwn0wk6q6che88ziovyxbknoy

...and here is one test shot taken with the 35mm f/1.4
https://app.box.com/s/4banxr8tqvz85rr6s1x4j8x3t3bvz2v6

So far I am happy with the X-E2. Now I have to get out and about with it.

Looks like a sharp image, with decent contrast.

Now that CA has lost it's title of the earthquake capital of the world,
it should be safe to go out.

--
PeterN
Old April 24th 15, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2015-04-23 20:25, Savageduck wrote:

https://app.box.com/s/1xs9fzayydv4whsl15cpb9zsr15p7r3r

Very nice. I assume it mounts Nikon lenses? (without an adaptor).

Old April 24th 15, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-23 20:25, Savageduck wrote:

https://app.box.com/s/1xs9fzayydv4whsl15cpb9zsr15p7r3r

Very nice. I assume it mounts Nikon lenses? (without an adaptor).

Not yet. I am restricted to the Fujifilm X-Mount, and Fujifilm, Zeiss,
Rokinon, & Samyang X-Mount lenses, and any M-Mount with an M-Mount
adaptor.
We shall have to wait and see if a Nikon, or an M4/3 adaptor is in the future.

Savageduck

Old April 25th 15, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:32:19 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-04-23 20:25, Savageduck wrote:

https://app.box.com/s/1xs9fzayydv4whsl15cpb9zsr15p7r3r

Very nice. I assume it mounts Nikon lenses? (without an adaptor).

Not yet. I am restricted to the Fujifilm X-Mount, and Fujifilm, Zeiss,
Rokinon, & Samyang X-Mount lenses, and any M-Mount with an M-Mount
adaptor.
We shall have to wait and see if a Nikon, or an M4/3 adaptor is in the future.

Based on my experience with the D750 I suspect that fitting your Nikon
lenses will be counterproductive. My first reaction on picking it up
was 'what a heavy brick this camera is when compared with the D300'.
But then I found the D750 body was slightly smaller (but thicker) than
the D300 and all the extra weight was in the Tokina lens. I think you
will have much the same experience when you go hanging Nikon on lenses
on the front of the Fuji.

Eric Stevens
Old April 25th 15, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-23 20:25, Savageduck wrote:

https://app.box.com/s/1xs9fzayydv4whsl15cpb9zsr15p7r3r

Very nice. I assume it mounts Nikon lenses? (without an adaptor).

Not yet. I am restricted to the Fujifilm X-Mount, and Fujifilm, Zeiss,
Rokinon, & Samyang X-Mount lenses, and any M-Mount with an M-Mount
adaptor.
We shall have to wait and see if a Nikon, or an M4/3 adaptor is in the future.

Based on my experience with the D750 I suspect that fitting your Nikon
lenses will be counterproductive. My first reaction on picking it up
was 'what a heavy brick this camera is when compared with the D300'.
But then I found the D750 body was slightly smaller (but thicker) than
the D300 and all the extra weight was in the Tokina lens. I think you
will have much the same experience when you go hanging Nikon on lenses
on the front of the Fuji.

I wasn't planning on going down that road, I know what F-Mount lenses
can weight. The Fujifilm lenses are very good and in some cases are a
match for some of the Nikkor glass, and they are much lighter as well
as being matched to the X-Series cameras.

I have a lens buying road map among the FX range to supplement the FX
18-55mm f/2.8-f/4.0 & FX 35mm f/1.4 I have now.

To start with I want an all purpose walk-around lens that has a little
more reach than the 18-55mm, fo that job I was thinking of the FX
18-135mm.

For wider than 18mm I was thinking of the FX 14mm f/2.8 prime, or even
the FX 10-24mm f/4 (there is a $400 cost difference).

When it comes to reach, currently there is the FX 55-200mm, but there
is a planned release of a 100-400mm. I haven't decided which way to go
yet.
....and I still have my D300S to fall back on. ;-)

Savageduck

Old April 26th 15, 07:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,

On 2015-04-23 20:25, Savageduck wrote:

https://app.box.com/s/1xs9fzayydv4whsl15cpb9zsr15p7r3r

Very nice. I assume it mounts Nikon lenses? (without an adaptor).

Not yet. I am restricted to the Fujifilm X-Mount, and Fujifilm, Zeiss,
Rokinon, & Samyang X-Mount lenses, and any M-Mount with an M-Mount
adaptor.
We shall have to wait and see if a Nikon, or an M4/3 adaptor is in the future.

There has been Nikkor to M adapters out there in the past.
--
teleportation kills
Old April 26th 15, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 24/04/2015 01:25, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

I have had an X-E1 for a few months and it's lovely. I have two cheap
Chinese remotes from my Canon, a corded "interval timer" and a basic
wireless remote. Both work fine on the Fuji.