Flickr Camera Roll

Old April 23rd 15, 09:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Flickr Camera Roll

So, Flickr recently rolled out their beta "Camera Roll" function, where you can
install a "Uploadr" application on your Mac/PC and have it automatically upload
all your photos to Flickr. Since everyone has 1TB of storage on Flickr for free,
it's the perfect place to store all your photos if you want to do it in the
cloud.

So, having used Picturelife for a while, and paying for it, I was wondering
whether Flickr would be comparable, but today I "caved in" so to speak. I
downloaded and signed in and it's currently scanning and uploading my 360GB photo
library.

The UI is a bit on the slim side so far. There's a timeline to the left and just
a list of photos to the right. We'll see how it works when filled with thousands
of photos.

--
Sandman
Old April 23rd 15, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pablo

Sandman wrote:

So, Flickr recently rolled out their beta "Camera Roll" function, where
you can install a "Uploadr" application on your Mac/PC and have it
automatically upload all your photos to Flickr. Since everyone has 1TB of
storage on Flickr for free, it's the perfect place to store all your
photos if you want to do it in the cloud.

So, having used Picturelife for a while, and paying for it, I was
wondering whether Flickr would be comparable, but today I "caved in" so to
speak. I downloaded and signed in and it's currently scanning and
uploading my 360GB photo library.

But it isn't available on flickr's site as far as I can see. One has to
download it from a third party ie; softonic. That's bound to get some new
toolbar or other infecting the browser.

--

Pablo

http://www.ipernity.com/home/313627
https://paulc.es/
https://paulc.es/piso
https://paulc.es/elpatio

Old April 24th 15, 08:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Pablo wrote:

Sandman:
So, Flickr recently rolled out their beta "Camera Roll" function,
where you can install a "Uploadr" application on your Mac/PC and
have it automatically upload all your photos to Flickr. Since
everyone has 1TB of storage on Flickr for free, it's the perfect
place to store all your photos if you want to do it in the cloud.

So, having used Picturelife for a while, and paying for it, I was
wondering whether Flickr would be comparable, but today I "caved
in" so to speak. I downloaded and signed in and it's currently
scanning and uploading my 360GB photo library.

But it isn't available on flickr's site as far as I can see. One has
to download it from a third party ie; softonic. That's bound to get
some new toolbar or other infecting the browser.

Uh, of course not, it's right there on Flickr:

http://jonaseklundh.se/files/flickr_uploadr.png

--
Sandman
Old April 24th 15, 09:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pablo

Sandman wrote:

In article , Pablo wrote:

Sandman:
So, Flickr recently rolled out their beta "Camera Roll" function,
where you can install a "Uploadr" application on your Mac/PC and
have it automatically upload all your photos to Flickr. Since
everyone has 1TB of storage on Flickr for free, it's the perfect
place to store all your photos if you want to do it in the cloud.

So, having used Picturelife for a while, and paying for it, I was
wondering whether Flickr would be comparable, but today I "caved
in" so to speak. I downloaded and signed in and it's currently
scanning and uploading my 360GB photo library.

But it isn't available on flickr's site as far as I can see. One has
to download it from a third party ie; softonic. That's bound to get
some new toolbar or other infecting the browser.

Uh, of course not, it's right there on Flickr:

http://jonaseklundh.se/files/flickr_uploadr.png

Nope. Not on mine.

Old April 24th 15, 10:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Pablo wrote:

Sandman:
So, Flickr recently rolled out their beta "Camera
Roll" function, where you can install a "Uploadr" application
on your Mac/PC and have it automatically upload all your
photos to Flickr. Since everyone has 1TB of storage on Flickr
for free, it's the perfect place to store all your photos if
you want to do it in the cloud.

So, having used Picturelife for a while, and paying for it, I
was wondering whether Flickr would be comparable, but today I
"caved in" so to speak. I downloaded and signed in and it's
currently scanning and uploading my 360GB photo library.

Pablo:
But it isn't available on flickr's site as far as I can see. One
has to download it from a third party ie; softonic. That's
bound to get some new toolbar or other infecting the browser.

Sandman:
Uh, of course not, it's right there on Flickr:

http://jonaseklundh.se/files/flickr_uploadr.png

Nope. Not on mine.

Sound really weird. This is an application by Flickr downloaded from the Camera
Roll view on their page. Do you have the Camera Roll view, then?

I Have a Pro account, not sure whether that makes any difference

--
Sandman
Old April 24th 15, 01:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pablo

Sandman wrote:

In article , Pablo wrote:

Sandman:
[...]

That must be it. I cancelled my pro account and moved to Ipernity some years
ago, when Flickr went all tabletty.

Old April 24th 15, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-24 12:52:01 +0000, Pablo said:

Sandman wrote:
In article , Pablo wrote:

Sandman:
[...]

If you have Lightroom, when in the *Library* Module, go to the
*Publishing Services* panel on the left side and all you need for
exporting to Flickr, or some of the other social network sites is right
there waiting for you to configure to your account. That has been
available since LR3.

Savageduck

Old April 24th 15, 04:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pablo

Savageduck wrote:

If you have Lightroom, when in the *Library* Module, go to the
*Publishing Services* panel on the left side and all you need for
exporting to Flickr, or some of the other social network sites is right
there waiting for you to configure to your account.

I shall indeed.

Thank you.

Old April 24th 15, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-24 15:05:57 +0000, Pablo said:

Savageduck wrote:

If you have Lightroom, when in the *Library* Module, go to the
*Publishing Services* panel on the left side and all you need for
exporting to Flickr, or some of the other social network sites is right
there waiting for you to configure to your account.

I shall indeed.

Thank you.

I still don't see Flickr as a place to achive original RAW files or
work in progress, but for sharing collections of images with friends &
family it seems to work. That 1TB is tempting though.
I continue to maintain my own archive and backups and do my sharing via
Adobe CC, Dropbox(which has temporarily suspended my public links due
to excessive traffic), and Box.

Perhaps Flickr, Smugmug, or 500px might not be a bad added method.

Savageduck

Old April 24th 15, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-24 15:05:57 +0000, Pablo said:

Savageduck wrote:

If you have Lightroom, when in the *Library* Module, go to the
*Publishing Services* panel on the left side and all you need for
exporting to Flickr, or some of the other social network sites is right
there waiting for you to configure to your account.

I shall indeed.

Thank you.

I still don't see Flickr as a place to achive original RAW files or
work in progress, but for sharing collections of images with friends &
family it seems to work. That 1TB is tempting though.
I continue to maintain my own archive and backups and do my sharing via
Adobe CC, Dropbox(which has temporarily suspended my public links due
to excessive traffic), and Box.

Perhaps Flickr, Smugmug, or 500px might not be a bad added method.

Damn!
Now Dropbox is trying to weasel me into a Premium account by delaying
reinstating my public links.
Screw them!

I have 20GB I am paying for with Adobe CC, and I have 50 GB free from
box.com via a promotion about a year ago, I just have to get used to
the box.com set up and I will use them along with Adobe CC which I
already use.
https://app.box.com/s/wt1vgj80z607og57nibxd8gmwcwq5zxq
http://adobe.ly/1zNasJe

Savageduck