Lightroom 6

Old April 22nd 15, 05:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Lightroom 6

In article ,
Savageduck wrote:

There is also the rumor that LR6 will be the last standalone edition of
Lightroom with only new RAW profile being added to the LR ACR engine.

that rumour is nothing more than uninformed idiots spreading fud.

adobe has said on numerous occasions that lightroom will always be
available in both standalone and subscription. end of story.

obviously that could change, as can anything. adobe could even cancel
lightroom entirely. there are no guarantees. however, that's highly
unlikely since lightroom is extremely popular. in other words, there
will be a lightroom 7 and beyond.

The rumor was started by Scott Kelby.

the rumour strated with adobe saying no new features in lightroom 6.

some people have taken to mean there won't be any more releases of
lightroom, ever. that's pure nonsense.

what it actually means is that lightroom 6 users must wait until
lightroom 7 is released for new features, while lightroom cc users get
the new features as they are developed and released.

that's one of the key differences between cc and non-cc. you don't have
to wait 18-24 months to get updates.

He feels that it is easier for
Adobe to manage further Lightroom development using the CC model. That
it has taken over two years to get to this LR 6/CC release with all it
has that is new. That the CC along with the CC libraries will improve
PS-LR integration, allowing for incremental updates as needed rather
than the long wait for a new major release.
He seems to feel that LR6 will join PS CS6 for those folks who don't
want to buy into the CC model, and which will only be supported with
new ACR RAW profiles.

He might be right, but for now it is just speculation.

he's wrong.
Old April 22nd 15, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-22 16:07:32 +0000, nospam said:

In article ,
Savageduck wrote:

There is also the rumor that LR6 will be the last standalone edition of
Lightroom with only new RAW profile being added to the LR ACR engine.

that rumour is nothing more than uninformed idiots spreading fud.

adobe has said on numerous occasions that lightroom will always be
available in both standalone and subscription. end of story.

obviously that could change, as can anything. adobe could even cancel
lightroom entirely. there are no guarantees. however, that's highly
unlikely since lightroom is extremely popular. in other words, there
will be a lightroom 7 and beyond.

The rumor was started by Scott Kelby.

the rumour strated with adobe saying no new features in lightroom 6.

In or after? There are certainly new features in LR6.

some people have taken to mean there won't be any more releases of
lightroom, ever. that's pure nonsense.

They have taken that to mean there will be no more standalone Lightroom
releases, whether that turns out to be fact is something we shall have
to see what the future will bring. There will certainly be new releases
of Lightroom for CC subscribers.
Perhaps in another two years, Lightroom 6 might be considered Adobe's
"D300S". One of those things that is waited for with painful
anticipation, and which never materializes.

what it actually means is that lightroom 6 users must wait until
lightroom 7 is released for new features, while lightroom cc users get
the new features as they are developed and released.

....and your interpretation of just what Adobe actually means, and
intends is just as speculative as anything you have stated here.

that's one of the key differences between cc and non-cc. you don't have
to wait 18-24 months to get updates.

Agreed! ...and the price of updates for PS & LR is more than the cost
of a CC subscription.

He feels that it is easier for
Adobe to manage further Lightroom development using the CC model. That
it has taken over two years to get to this LR 6/CC release with all it
has that is new. That the CC along with the CC libraries will improve
PS-LR integration, allowing for incremental updates as needed rather
than the long wait for a new major release.
He seems to feel that LR6 will join PS CS6 for those folks who don't
want to buy into the CC model, and which will only be supported with
new ACR RAW profiles.

He might be right, but for now it is just speculation.

he's wrong.

Too soon to tell.

Savageduck

Old April 22nd 15, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Savageduck wrote:

the rumour strated with adobe saying no new features in lightroom 6.

In or after? There are certainly new features in LR6.

after.

the new features will appear in lightroom 7.

lightroom cc users get them as they happen, without needing to wait for
a release cycle.

some people have taken to mean there won't be any more releases of
lightroom, ever. that's pure nonsense.

They have taken that to mean there will be no more standalone Lightroom
releases, whether that turns out to be fact is something we shall have
to see what the future will bring. There will certainly be new releases
of Lightroom for CC subscribers.

there's no need to wait.

adobe has repeatedly said lightroom will continue to be offered in both
standalone and subscription.

they could be lying but that is not likely.
Old April 22nd 15, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:39:45 -0400, nospam

Savageduck wrote:

the rumour strated with adobe saying no new features in lightroom 6.

In or after? There are certainly new features in LR6.

after.

the new features will appear in lightroom 7.

lightroom cc users get them as they happen, without needing to wait for
a release cycle.

some people have taken to mean there won't be any more releases of
lightroom, ever. that's pure nonsense.

They have taken that to mean there will be no more standalone Lightroom
releases, whether that turns out to be fact is something we shall have
to see what the future will bring. There will certainly be new releases
of Lightroom for CC subscribers.

there's no need to wait.

adobe has repeatedly said lightroom will continue to be offered in both
standalone and subscription.

they could be lying but that is not likely.

This whole thing might go back to something I read at least a couple
of years ago, probably in the WSJ. They reported that Adobe had
announced that all of their software was moving online, and that there
would be no more boxed or standalone software. In fact, that was
supposed to be imminent, so something was wrong with that report, it
seems.
Old April 22nd 15, 08:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bill W
wrote:

This whole thing might go back to something I read at least a couple
of years ago, probably in the WSJ. They reported that Adobe had
announced that all of their software was moving online, and that there
would be no more boxed or standalone software. In fact, that was
supposed to be imminent, so something was wrong with that report, it
seems.

i don't know what you read but what they're doing depends on the
product.

photoshop and the rest of the creative suite is now subscription only,
but they are continuing to offer cs6 for those who want standalone. cs6
won't be getting any new features, so there's a clear drawback to
choosing that should you want one or more of the new features. the only
thing that will be updated is camera raw (which is shared between
lr/ps) so those with new cameras are not stuck (historically an upgrade
was needed).

lightroom is offered in either standalone or subscription. some
features only exist with the subscription version, such as sharing
between desktop and mobile. those who choose standalone will need to
wait for lightroom 7 for new features (18-24 months, usually), while
those who choose subscription get them when they're released.

other apps are only standalone.
Old April 22nd 15, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 4/21/2015 6:20 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:56:52 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

But then again, I'm getting ready to fire up PS and LR to start my
free trial. Once I saw that PS does motion blur correction, I just had
to try it. Most of the other newer features of both programs are
really of no use to me, though, and I'm sure that applies to a whole
lot of people. But for $10/month, why not?

Now that you are on board I suggest taking a look at some of the many
tutorials:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelists-terry-white/
http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/
http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop/
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html
http://kelbytv.com/photoshopusertv/
http://tv.adobe.com/videos/julieanne%2Dkost/
http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html

I'm getting offers every day for a free 30 day trial of Lynda.com's
tutorial programs as a result of my purchase of the new Wacom tablet.
I haven't signed up yet because I want a 30 window in order to utilize
it, and I've got some other things coming up.

I do wonder about Bill's faith in the motion blur correction filter.
I hope he's not expecting a silk purse out of a sow's ear of a photo.

Lynda provides some of the best and most comprehensive tutorials.

--
PeterN
Old April 22nd 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Agreed, and many of those are available free via the Adobe support pages.

Savageduck

Old April 22nd 15, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:11:55 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Here is an example:

Original
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3-original.jpg

Antiblur
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-antishake.jpg

I'm impressed with those results. I have a lot of photos I'd like to
try this on. I'm moving on to the tutorials right now.
Old April 23rd 15, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

My Lynda subscription is free, courtesy of my local library. I have
access from any Internet access point using my library card and
passward. There are only a few libraries that provide a subsctiption.

--
PeterN
Old April 23rd 15, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 06:58:07 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

Original
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3-original.jpg

Antiblur
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-antishake.jpg

I'm impressed with those results. I have a lot of photos I'd like to
try this on. I'm moving on to the tutorials right now.

Those looked/reminded me very much of some of my first attemps in the mid 70s.
I hung my airfix models from the washing line, and using my Praktica L with out of date HP3 'pushed' to 400 ASA.
What reminded me was the fact that the propellors were stationary and I thought people might think the plans weren't real, so after a few attempts I gave up on teh idea. I even thought a bit of camera shake on the model blowing in the wind might make it look more real but it didn't.

That was no Airfix model. It was a real one coming over the heads of
the crowd at about 300mph and less than 100'. The skies were dark and
the light was atrocious. the Mosquito was at the point where panning
was becoming a problem.

Eric Stevens