Lightroom 6

Old April 22nd 15, 07:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Lightroom 6

In article , nospam wrote:

In article
,

Sandman:
Right, so how do I install it? This is my CC:

http://jonaseklundh.se/files/cc.png

And I've updated to the latest version, and there was a PS CC
update, but there is no Lightroom CC. And when I go to adobe.com
and press download on Lightroom CC, it opens the above CC panel
and nothing happens.

wait a day or so. it's being rolled out in stages, not all at once.

Ok

--
Sandman
Old April 22nd 15, 07:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

In article ,
On 2015-04-21 00:47:12 +0000, Savageduck said:

Savageduck:
Lightroom 6 is supposed to launch tomorrow (Tuesday April 21).

Immediate upgrades should be available for Creative Cloud
subscribers. There will still be non-subscription editions and
upgrades available for purchase.

I will have to see if my LR plug-ins migrate with the upgrade, or
if I have to rerun installers for NIK, On1, etc.

OK LR 6 is here and there are some changes and added features:
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/features.html

There are also update for PS CC, PS CS6, & Bridge which update ACR.

Now I have to check my plug-ins.

Right, so how do I install it? This is my CC:

http://jonaseklundh.se/files/cc.png

And I've updated to the latest version, and there was a PS CC update, but there
is no Lightroom CC. And when I go to adobe.com and press download on Lightroom
CC, it opens the above CC panel and nothing happens.

D'oh.

Well here is mine:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_117.jpg

I had a similar issue. So I quit Creative Cloud and restarted it, then
Lightroom CC (2015) appeared in the CC dialog as availabl for
installation and I ran the installation.

....and the CC Home panel shows the install & update times.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_118.jpg

BTW I have been playing with the Face Recognition.

Also Kelby recommended when in the Library Module, to go to the Catalog
Settings-*File Handling* and set the *Standard Preview Size* to Auto.
Thi improves the sped of preview rendering.
....and Lightroom can now make use of the graphics card. So go to
Lightroom Preferences-*Performance* and ensure that *Use Graphics
Processor* check box is enabled.

All good stuff.

Savageduck

Old April 22nd 15, 08:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

On 2015-04-22 05:57:03 +0000, Sandman said:

Sandman:
In article ,

Savageduck:
On 2015-04-21 00:47:12 +0000, Savageduck said:

[...]

Yeah, right, brag about it, will ya?

I had a similar issue. So I quit Creative Cloud and restarted it,
then Lightroom CC (2015) appeared in the CC dialog as availabl for
installation and I ran the installation.

Yeah, I've restarted it several times. But I suspect nospam is right and this is
being released in stages throughout the servers of the world.

...and the CC Home panel shows the install & update times.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_118.jpg

BTW I have been playing with the Face Recognition.

How is it stacking up to iPhoto?

Also Kelby recommended when in the Library Module, to go to the
Catalog Settings-*File Handling* and set the *Standard Preview
Size* to Auto. Thi improves the sped of preview rendering. ...and
Lightroom can now make use of the graphics card. So go to Lightroom
Preferences-*Performance* and ensure that *Use Graphics Processor*
check box is enabled.

All good stuff.

Sounds great

--
Sandman
Old April 22nd 15, 08:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

In article ,
On 2015-04-22 05:57:03 +0000, Sandman said:
Sandman:
In article ,
Savageduck:
On 2015-04-21 00:47:12 +0000, Savageduck said:

[...]

I have no idea, I wasn't a big iPhoto, user and a non-Aperture user, so
I don't have a point to compare from. That said, FR seems to work well,
but some times has problems discerning faces to be tagged.

Old April 22nd 15, 09:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

I had a similar issue. So I quit Creative Cloud and restarted it,
then Lightroom CC (2015) appeared in the CC dialog as availabl for
installation and I ran the installation.

Yeah, I've restarted it several times. But I suspect nospam is right and this
is
being released in stages throughout the servers of the world.

there are already reports of overloaded servers.

you can always download it directly rather than wait for it to show up.
Old April 22nd 15, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

On 20 Apr 2015 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

Lightroom 6 is supposed to launch tomorrow (Tuesday April 21).

Immediate upgrades should be available for Creative Cloud
subscribers. There will still be non-subscription editions and
upgrades available for purchase.

For those of us still on the purchase channel...

Go to Adobe's main site. Go all the way to the bottom and look for
"Products". Click on it. Find Lightroom and click on "Buy". Change
from Full to Upgrade. Upgrade pricing is from all versions of
Lightroom. If you click on the Buy button under Lightroom 6 on the
product page, you'll need to go into your cart and edit to get upgrade
pricing.

What you won't get in (standalone) LR6 that you will in LRCC:

- Use Lightroom on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Access the full power of Photoshop CC
- Synchronize photos across desktop and devices
- Automatically import photos from mobile devices
- Edit raw files on mobile devices with Smart Previews
- Always stay up to date with the latest photography innovations from
Adobe
- Share photos via web galleries with Lightroom on the web
- Get feedback on shared galleries in Lightroom
- Cut out and combine images on mobile devices with Photoshop Mix
- Get direct access to your Lightroom photos from the Adobe Voice and
Slate storytelling apps
- Access Lightroom photos from a growing list of partner apps and
services
- Learn from a library of in-depth video tutorials

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old April 22nd 15, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-22 12:40:38 +0000, Joe Makowiec said:

On 20 Apr 2015 in rec.photo.digital, Savageduck wrote:

Lightroom 6 is supposed to launch tomorrow (Tuesday April 21).

Immediate upgrades should be available for Creative Cloud
subscribers. There will still be non-subscription editions and
upgrades available for purchase.

For those of us still on the purchase channel...

Go to Adobe's main site. Go all the way to the bottom and look for
"Products". Click on it. Find Lightroom and click on "Buy". Change
from Full to Upgrade. Upgrade pricing is from all versions of
Lightroom. If you click on the Buy button under Lightroom 6 on the
product page, you'll need to go into your cart and edit to get upgrade
pricing.

There are several ways to get to the standalone LR6 purchase option.
On this page scroll to the bottom and check the bottom right corner.
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html
or
On this page scroll until you get to Lightroom 6.
https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_mostpopula r.html?promoid=KLXMI

What you won't get in (standalone) LR6 that you will in LRCC:

There is also the rumor that LR6 will be the last standalone edition of
Lightroom with only new RAW profile being added to the LR ACR engine.

Old April 22nd 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article . 88, Joe
Makowiec wrote:

What you won't get in (standalone) LR6 that you will in LRCC:

- Use Lightroom on Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad and Android devices

you absolutely will get lightroom on the mac or pc. that's the whole
point.

what you won't get is syncing between mac/pc and ios/android.

- Access the full power of Photoshop CC

obviously.

- Synchronize photos across desktop and devices

see above.

- Learn from a library of in-depth video tutorials

who cares. there's plenty of that already, totally free.
Old April 22nd 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Savageduck wrote:

There are several ways to get to the standalone LR6 purchase option.
On this page scroll to the bottom and check the bottom right corner.
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html
or
On this page scroll until you get to Lightroom 6.

https://www.adobe.com/products/catal...ilter_sl_catal
og_sl_software_sl_mostpopular.html?promoid=KLXMI

another way is order it from a reseller, such as amazon, b&h, etc., but
it may be a few days until they have actual stock.

What you won't get in (standalone) LR6 that you will in LRCC:

There is also the rumor that LR6 will be the last standalone edition of
Lightroom with only new RAW profile being added to the LR ACR engine.

that rumour is nothing more than uninformed idiots spreading fud.

adobe has said on numerous occasions that lightroom will always be
available in both standalone and subscription. end of story.

obviously that could change, as can anything. adobe could even cancel
lightroom entirely. there are no guarantees. however, that's highly
unlikely since lightroom is extremely popular. in other words, there
will be a lightroom 7 and beyond.
Old April 22nd 15, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-22 14:56:04 +0000, nospam said:

In article ,
Savageduck wrote:

[...]

The rumor was started by Scott Kelby. He feels that it is easier for
Adobe to manage further Lightroom development using the CC model. That
it has taken over two years to get to this LR 6/CC release with all it
has that is new. That the CC along with the CC libraries will improve
PS-LR integration, allowing for incremental updates as needed rather
than the long wait for a new major release.
He seems to feel that LR6 will join PS CS6 for those folks who don't
want to buy into the CC model, and which will only be supported with
new ACR RAW profiles.

He might be right, but for now it is just speculation.

Savageduck