Lightroom 6

Old April 21st 15, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Lightroom 6

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 18:20:35 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

I do wonder about Bill's faith in the motion blur correction filter.
I hope he's not expecting a silk purse out of a sow's ear of a photo.

No faith, really. I already tried it on one photo, and it helps a bit,
but certainly doesn't repair the image. In fact, it's called shake
reduction, unless I'm missing another tool somewhere. I'm going to try
a couple of others where I didn't use the flash. If the results are
interesting, I'll post the photos.
Old April 21st 15, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 18:16:33 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:18:45 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

I just downloaded PS & LR as part of a CC trial. I did this because
the pricing said $9.95/month. Is that what you are paying, or is this
some sort of introductory sucker offer, and I'm just misreading
things?

The "introductory offer" has not changed since I started with it.

I am using a Mac and I have several tools which will let me make that
sort of comparison screenshot, I don't know what would be available for
your system.

Windows users are not as limited as you may think. I grabbed a photo,
made two versions, copy/pasted them to one file, and made a screen
shot using the "snipping tool" of that file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smjjjn9amn...02-21.jpg?dl=0

The surface of the grandson's baseball infield is a very red clay.
This photograph of one of the coaches shows a red reflection on his
face, so I toned it down a bit on the right.

With Photoshop, he will be able to copy/paste each of two versions of
a photo to a new file and "save as" a new file and send that.

I had some free screen capture software that I used, and it worked
pretty well. There's a lot of that software out there, but
Screenpresso does a lot. It's not what used for this, but what I used
worked okay:

http://i.imgur.com/51DQlvj.jpg

Old April 22nd 15, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 18:20:35 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:56:52 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

But then again, I'm getting ready to fire up PS and LR to start my
free trial. Once I saw that PS does motion blur correction, I just had
to try it. Most of the other newer features of both programs are
really of no use to me, though, and I'm sure that applies to a whole
lot of people. But for $10/month, why not?

Now that you are on board I suggest taking a look at some of the many
tutorials:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelists-terry-white/
http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/
http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop/
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html
http://kelbytv.com/photoshopusertv/
http://tv.adobe.com/videos/julieanne%2Dkost/
http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html

I'm getting offers every day for a free 30 day trial of Lynda.com's
tutorial programs as a result of my purchase of the new Wacom tablet.
I haven't signed up yet because I want a 30 window in order to utilize
it, and I've got some other things coming up.

I do wonder about Bill's faith in the motion blur correction filter.
I hope he's not expecting a silk purse out of a sow's ear of a photo.

Here is an example:

Original
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3-original.jpg

Antiblur
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-antishake.jpg

Eric Stevens
Old April 22nd 15, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-21 21:29:55 +0000, Bill W said:

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:18:45 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

BTW: I just tried the new *HDR merge* in Lightroom CC(2015), and that
does a reasonable job.
Here is that result from my Adobe CC storage:
http://adobe.ly/1G4eEYU

I think the lighting looks great - not terribly HDRish at all. The
grass does seem incongruously green, though, but that's just my
opinion, of course.

I'll still be inclined to buy HDR Express, not only for the ghosting
process, but also because they seem very responsive to my concerns,
and I'm not even a customer yet.

But then again, I'm getting ready to fire up PS and LR to start my
free trial. Once I saw that PS does motion blur correction, I just had
to try it. Most of the other newer features of both programs are
really of no use to me, though, and I'm sure that applies to a whole
lot of people. But for $10/month, why not?

Now that you are on board I suggest taking a look at some of the many
tutorials:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelists-terry-white/
http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/
http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop/
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/tutorials.html
http://kelbytv.com/photoshopusertv/
http://tv.adobe.com/videos/julieanne%2Dkost/
http://www.jkost.com/lightroom.html

These are also useful:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom.html

Savageduck

Old April 22nd 15, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

With Windows all you need is Ctrl - PrtScn. It puts the entire
screen in the clipboard ready to be pasted into whatever application
is able to receive such things.

Eric Stevens
Old April 22nd 15, 12:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

I do wonder about Bill's faith in the motion blur correction filter.
I hope he's not expecting a silk purse out of a sow's ear of a photo.

No faith, really. I already tried it on one photo, and it helps a bit,
but certainly doesn't repair the image. In fact, it's called shake
reduction, unless I'm missing another tool somewhere. I'm going to try
a couple of others where I didn't use the flash. If the results are
interesting, I'll post the photos.

The *Camera Shake* filter needs to be used appropriately, on the right
image, and with a subtle touch. It is anothother of those area where
some help in gaining an understanding of the tool goes a long way.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/reduce-camera-shake-induced-blurring.html?set=photoshop--fundamentals--filters

http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/tag/camera-shake-reduction
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/160816-photoshop-cc-hands-on-with-camera-shake-reduction-and-how-it-works

http://www.diyphotography.net/how-use-camera-shake-reduction-filter-photoshop-cc/

There is a lot more out there.

Savageduck

Old April 22nd 15, 12:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Yup!
One of the ways (I have several others) I produce a comparison
screenshot on my Mac, is in Lightroom where I can compare renditions in
the Library Module, or do the side-by-side peek in the Develop Module.
Then I use a neat little Mac app *SnapNDrag* which integrates very
nicely with Dropbox via another Mac app, *FileChute*. So I can send
comparison shots this way, original on the left adjusted on the right:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_114.jpg

I didn't think of going into LR. The Windows "Snipping Tool" works
fine there. Just drag out what you want to include and then save it
as a file in the Dropbox folder. Or, anywhere else.

As I said there are several methods available in the Mac, at least
three utilities/apps included with OSX will give you the capability of
making a screen capture, selecting an area, or a window. That also
includes not looking for a utility or app at all just using keyboard
options/commands. These can give you the flexibility of full screen,
area selection, or open window, and the additional optionof not saving
that screen capture, but just copying it to the clipbpard so that it
can be pasted into text message or email.

I think the Snipping Tool came with Windows 7, but I'm not sure. I
don't remember downloading it as a third-party addition.

I am sure that Windows has something similar, to the operations for
screen capture found in OSX.

Savageduck

Old April 22nd 15, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-21 00:47:12 +0000, Savageduck said:

Lightroom 6 is supposed to launch tomorrow (Tuesday April 21).

Immediate upgrades should be available for Creative Cloud subscribers.
There will still be non-subscription editions and upgrades available
for purchase.

I will have to see if my LR plug-ins migrate with the upgrade, or if I
have to rerun installers for NIK, On1, etc.

OK LR 6 is here and there are some changes and added features:
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/features.html

There are also update for PS CC, PS CS6, & Bridge which update ACR.

Now I have to check my plug-ins.

Matt Kloskowski has left Kelby and now works for OnOne (On1). Here is
some of his take on a few aspects of LR 6/LR CC. It runs as a 15 minute
streaming loop all day:
http://www.on1.com/photos/streaming-course-lrweek/

and the Kelby take on things:
http://lightroomkillertips.com

LR CC (2015)/6 is a fresh install not an update to LR 5.

I have that done and the PS CC(2014),& PS CS6 updates installed.

All my plug-ins migrated without issue.

....and Jonas, Lightroom has face recognition this time around!!

Savageduck

Old April 22nd 15, 06:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

On 2015-04-21 00:47:12 +0000, Savageduck said:

Savageduck:
Lightroom 6 is supposed to launch tomorrow (Tuesday April 21).

Immediate upgrades should be available for Creative Cloud
subscribers. There will still be non-subscription editions and
upgrades available for purchase.

I will have to see if my LR plug-ins migrate with the upgrade, or
if I have to rerun installers for NIK, On1, etc.

OK LR 6 is here and there are some changes and added features:
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/features.html

There are also update for PS CC, PS CS6, & Bridge which update ACR.

Now I have to check my plug-ins.

Right, so how do I install it? This is my CC:

http://jonaseklundh.se/files/cc.png

And I've updated to the latest version, and there was a PS CC update, but there
is no Lightroom CC. And when I go to adobe.com and press download on Lightroom
CC, it opens the above CC panel and nothing happens.

D'oh.

--
Sandman
Old April 22nd 15, 07:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

Right, so how do I install it? This is my CC:

http://jonaseklundh.se/files/cc.png

And I've updated to the latest version, and there was a PS CC update, but
there
is no Lightroom CC. And when I go to adobe.com and press download on
Lightroom
CC, it opens the above CC panel and nothing happens.

wait a day or so. it's being rolled out in stages, not all at once.