Why when I save a photo from photobucket, it's not a JPEG?

Old April 17th 15, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Why when I save a photo from photobucket, it's not a JPEG?

On 2015-04-17 12:55:06 +0000, Don Phillipson said:

Don Phillipson wrote in message

When I save a photo from photobucket, its "corrupted" half the time.
The other half the time it works.
Why?

It's still happening.
I just tried saving this picture by right clicking on it and saving the
image as 116-1645_IMG.jpg but it's corrupted every time.
http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Jack...5_IMG.jpg.html

No problem here; Mac OSX 10.10.3 & Safari. Right click - save as.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/116-1645_IMG.jpg

Savageduck

Old April 17th 15, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Dirk T. Verbeek

Op 17-04-15 om 14:55 schreef Don Phillipson:
Don Phillipson wrote in message

When I save a photo from photobucket, its "corrupted" half the time.
The other half the time it works.
Why?

It's still happening.
I just tried saving this picture by right clicking on it and saving the
image as 116-1645_IMG.jpg but it's corrupted every time.
http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Jack...5_IMG.jpg.html

Sorry but this right click save just works for me...
Kubuntu 14.10 with FF34 including Ghostery, Flashblock, Adblock Plus and
Facebook Blocker.

As others pointed out the Download button also works.

Maybe you should temporarily rename your Firefox profile and try with a
fresh one.

You do use Firefox, right?
Old April 17th 15, 05:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Lew Pitcher

On Friday April 17 2015 12:16, in alt.os.linux.ubuntu, "Dirk T. Verbeek"
wrote:

Op 17-04-15 om 14:55 schreef Don Phillipson:
Don Phillipson wrote in message

When I save a photo from photobucket, its "corrupted" half the time.
The other half the time it works.
Why?

It's still happening.
I just tried saving this picture by right clicking on it and saving the
image as 116-1645_IMG.jpg but it's corrupted every time.
http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Jack...5_IMG.jpg.html

Sorry but this right click save just works for me...
Kubuntu 14.10 with FF34 including Ghostery, Flashblock, Adblock Plus and
Facebook Blocker.

As others pointed out the Download button also works.

Maybe you should temporarily rename your Firefox profile and try with a
fresh one.

You do use Firefox, right?

This is a puzzler for me.
Using the URL above, I get a page that (with a right click on the image)
offers only "Save Page As" and "Send Link"

The page offers some controls, to the right of the top of the image.
Clicking on the magnifying glass icon, I am transferred to
http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Jack...5_IMG.jpg.html
which is, apparently, the same page, but without the controls.

When I right click the image on /this/ page, I get "Save Image", "Save Image
As" and "View Image Info".

It appears to me that the ability to save the image from that page is
context sensitive.

FWIW, I use Firefox.
--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"

Old April 17th 15, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dirk T. Verbeek

wrote:

[...]

Weird, yes the magnifying glass gives a view with less clutter.
But on my computer the right click options are exactly the same full
gamut...
Old April 17th 15, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Allodoxaphobia[_2_]

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:23:26 -0400, Lew Pitcher wrote:
On Friday April 17 2015 12:16, "Dirk T. Verbeek" wrote:
Op 17-04-15 om 14:55 schreef Don Phillipson wrote:

[...]

WFM -- both in Chrome and FireFox -- with and without Ghostery truned on
-- both right-clicking to [Save As] and/or [View Image].

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | OS/2
Old April 17th 15, 09:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Paul[_4_]

Don Phillipson wrote:
Don Phillipson wrote in message

When I save a photo from photobucket, its "corrupted" half the time.
The other half the time it works.
Why?

It's still happening.
I just tried saving this picture by right clicking on it and saving the
image as 116-1645_IMG.jpg but it's corrupted every time.
http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Jack...5_IMG.jpg.html

Here's a picture of me doing a Save As,
using a relatively recent copy of Firefox.

I had to use movie screen capture to get this
picture, as regular timed screenshots kept jamming up.
The resulting picture is of poor quality.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2wok9b6.jpg

The information in the right of the photo, is to
show I got a real JPEG. It's a bit of hex editor
capture from the beginning of the downloaded file.

And I did notice, if I waited long enough, I might
be prevented from doing Save As. You gotta be
a Ninja with this stuff. Hy Yaa. And so on...

*******

And there is a Download button off on the right,
but that's only going to be there if the page
finished rendering properly. A function of
your browser version and javascript setting
(or blocker addons).

http://i60.tinypic.com/era3xd.jpg

Paul
Old April 18th 15, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-17 20:24:40 +0000, Paul said:

Don Phillipson wrote:
[...]

Naah! All you have to do is dump that Linux stuff and get yourself a
Mac or Windows machine. Perhaps just clan up what you have.
https://db.tt/1ideLY1Y

They seem to work just fine without the complications you are experiencing.

Savageduck

Old April 18th 15, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-04-18 00:45:15 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:05:22 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-04-17 20:24:40 +0000, Paul said:

Don Phillipson wrote:
[...]

In case he does clan up with Macintosh, here's the clan tartan:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...coticum%29.png

Phinggrr phawlt. :-)

Savageduck

Old April 18th 15, 09:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]

Savageduck wrote:

Naah! All you have to do is dump that Linux stuff and get yourself a
Mac or Windows machine. Perhaps just clan up what you have.
https://db.tt/1ideLY1Y

If someone were to post a similar comment in relation to OSX to this group,
it would be the start of a multi hundred post defence campaign led by you
and nospam. Your anti linux bias is ridiculous. As is, btw, your cross
posting hypocrisy.

They seem to work just fine without the complications you are
experiencing.

Whatever complications he is experiencing are self inflicted, nothing to do
with the OS on his computer.

--
sid