Washed/gray images online

Old May 15th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Washed/gray images online

I recently switched to Mac and opted for their very expensive .mac
service. My problem is that it looks like all the images I upload get
washed and have like a grayish feel to them. They lack in contrast and
range compared with the images as viewed from the original files. I use
a 20D, usually with a 17-40L lense, using Canon software to edit RAW
and convert to 72dpi JPGs. I dont resize- (leave in original size, just
changing the resolution). Is something I do or is it .mac's fault?

Here's an example:
http://homepage.mac.com/enevo/.Pictu...0Pictures/2006...
Look at the yellow cab- it's a perfectly lit day and the cab looks
dull.
Here's an even worse example:
http://homepage.mac.com/enevo/.Pictu...0Pictures/2006...
Note the gray areas on the girl's face.

Old May 15th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:
I recently switched to Mac and opted for their very expensive .mac
service. My problem is that it looks like all the images I upload get
washed and have like a grayish feel to them. They lack in contrast and
range compared with the images as viewed from the original files. I use
a 20D, usually with a 17-40L lense, using Canon software to edit RAW
and convert to 72dpi JPGs. I dont resize- (leave in original size, just
changing the resolution). Is something I do or is it .mac's fault?

Here's an example:
http://homepage.mac.com/enevo/.Pictu...0Pictures/2006...
Look at the yellow cab- it's a perfectly lit day and the cab looks
dull.
Here's an even worse example:
http://homepage.mac.com/enevo/.Pictu...0Pictures/2006...
Note the gray areas on the girl's face.

The above links don't work for me. This be you?

http://homepage.mac.com/enevo/PhotoAlbum1.html

A period in the URL is one hint. Try going to the page in question, and
copying the URL then pasting it; enclose it in .

As to faults, you need to be check that what you upload to the web are
converted to sRGB color space, rather than aRGB which is what I suspect
your conversions from RAW are.

--
John McWilliams
Old May 15th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

yeah that's me... and as you could probably see all my images suffer
from the same problem, even those that were taken on perfect days. I'll
check your color space suggestion and post the result. thanks!

Old May 15th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Cut kids !!! Almost as cute as mine.