5 problems with digicams - solutions/recommendations?

Old February 13th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default 5 problems with digicams - solutions/recommendations?

"Clyde" wrote in news:1139585350.459886.36130
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The "red" color in backgrounds is probably due to different colored
light. If you shoot with a flash, but use Program mode or something
that will also expose for the background, the light on the background
is likely to be a different color than the color of the flash. This is
particularly true with incandesent bulbs (regular light bulbs). The
color isn't really red, but is pretty orange.

That also. For some reason red gels are popular with pubs for their lights,
even though they tend to muck up photos.

My favourite photos from last year either involved one big white spotlight
http://photos.timchuma.com/TownBikesCookOff/index.html

Or natural light diffused through stained glass windows
http://photos.timchuma.com/ToeSuckin...ond/index.html
http://photos.timchuma.com/Somervilles280805/index.html
http://photos.timchuma.com/QMF2005/S...s/photo78.html

--
My Photos : http://photos.timchuma.com
Two Preson Bike: http://timchuma.com/twopresonbike/
Old February 13th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I looked at the up-to-US$200 range of B&H & J&R, with min. 4mpix & 5x optical zoom, and they have no Canon models in that range.

Thanks for the note on HP!

Best

bj

I am by no means an expert, but I'd stay away from the HPs. What are the
reasons Canon is not on your list?

Old February 13th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

bj wrote:
I looked at the up-to-US$200 range of B&H & J&R, with min. 4mpix & 5x optical zoom, and they have no Canon models in that range.

Closest I see for Canon would be the A520 with is about $170 at Costco.
It has 4mp and 4x optical. In the $225-$250 range there are few
models that meet your requirements.