Fuzzy view through Canon viewfinder

Old April 5th 05, 05:23 AM
Archie

Default Fuzzy view through Canon viewfinder

What is the view on Canon P&S viewfinders? I find them to be unsharp
(for the S410, S500, A95, etc.). The quality of the viewfinders is
rarely mentioned in the reviews one finds on the web.

I've tried with and without glasses, and it is worse with glasses, for
me anyway.

By comparison, I find the HP cameras to look much clearer.

Old April 5th 05, 11:26 AM
Mark B.

"Archie" wrote in message
news
What is the view on Canon P&S viewfinders? I find them to be unsharp
(for the S410, S500, A95, etc.). The quality of the viewfinders is
rarely mentioned in the reviews one finds on the web.

I've tried with and without glasses, and it is worse with glasses, for
me anyway.

By comparison, I find the HP cameras to look much clearer.

I never use the optical viewfinder on a P&S digicam, LCD all the way for me.

Mark

Old April 5th 05, 12:22 PM
Pete D

"Mark B." wrote in message
"Archie" wrote in message
news
What is the view on Canon P&S viewfinders? I find them to be unsharp
(for the S410, S500, A95, etc.). The quality of the viewfinders is
rarely mentioned in the reviews one finds on the web.

I've tried with and without glasses, and it is worse with glasses, for
me anyway.

By comparison, I find the HP cameras to look much clearer.

I never use the optical viewfinder on a P&S digicam, LCD all the way for
me.

Mark

How sad for you.

Old April 6th 05, 12:01 AM
Archie

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:26:49 -0400, "Mark B."
wrote:

"Archie" wrote in message
news
What is the view on Canon P&S viewfinders? I find them to be unsharp
(for the S410, S500, A95, etc.). The quality of the viewfinders is
rarely mentioned in the reviews one finds on the web.

I've tried with and without glasses, and it is worse with glasses, for
me anyway.

By comparison, I find the HP cameras to look much clearer.

I never use the optical viewfinder on a P&S digicam, LCD all the way for me.

Try that while locking the focus, with the button half way down.

A.

Old April 6th 05, 03:39 AM
Cathy

"Archie" wrote in message
news
What is the view on Canon P&S viewfinders? I find them to be unsharp
(for the S410, S500, A95, etc.). The quality of the viewfinders is
rarely mentioned in the reviews one finds on the web.

I've tried with and without glasses, and it is worse with glasses, for
me anyway.

By comparison, I find the HP cameras to look much clearer.

Archie, I partly agree with you. I found HP M307 and M407 to have very
clear viewfinders while I've been looking for the last few months. But I
found Canon A75 quite clear and A85 and A95 were OK. But many makes have
quite blurred viewfinders (to me at least). Maybe its because I wear
glasses, or in my case, its probably middle age I have very sensitive
eyes. Most of the young guys selling cameras in stores don't even notice
and say to me "the viewfinder doesn't look blurry to me" and I said "of
course not, you are young and don't have glasses. Wait till you get
older and lets see if you say the same thing ". I don't want to depend
only on LCD's because I see better in the viewfinder. I would need at
least a 1.8" LCD but I should get 2" LCD. I would probably use the
viewfinder most of the time, but its nice to have the LCD too. I looked
at HP M407 a few months ago but there are not many reviews on it, so I
am still wavering. Its the cheapest camera I've seen for a 4 MP- $199.00
Can. $165.00 US. The M307 and 407 have 1.8" LCD's but with the M607 and
M 707 for some unknown reason that makes no sense to me, they went back
to the tiny 1.5" LCD. I would need binoculars If the M407 had a 2"
LCD, I would seriously consider it, as long as the quality of the
pictures was ok, which I am not sure about.

Cathy