5 megapixel camera suggestion

Old July 1st 04, 12:27 AM
Steve Hix

Default 5 megapixel camera suggestion

In article ,
Richard Cockburn wrote:

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in
k.net:

Don't worry about all the options on the G5. You don't have to use them.
Even most pros now use green mode (automatic) a lot of the time.

Most pros (if any?) would not use the G5.

The G5 isn't the only camera with a "green mode", now is it?
Old July 1st 04, 04:42 AM
Skip M

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in message
k.net...
snipped
Don't worry about all the options on the G5. You don't have to use them.
Even most pros now use green mode (automatic) a lot of the time.

snipped

Beg to differ, I have a feeling that most pros don't use the green mode,
since, on Canon cameras, anyway, green mode, and the other PIC modes, cancel
the custom functions, FEC, and other esoteric, but, to some pros, necessary
things. Many of them may use Program, which has the same effect as green
mode, but leaves user selected options intact.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old July 1st 04, 11:29 AM
David J Taylor

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in message
k.net...
[]
Don't buy anyhting that uses AA batteries.

Some people actually prefer the ability to use AA cells as in emergency
rather than have proprietary betteries.....

Cheers,
David

Old July 1st 04, 04:40 PM
mutt

um I have a Nikon coolpix 5700 and I bought the external battery pack so I
COULD use AA cells
mutt
"David J Taylor" wrote
in message ...

Old July 1st 04, 05:08 PM
Ron Hunter

David J Taylor wrote:

"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in message
k.net...
[]

Don't buy anyhting that uses AA batteries.

Some people actually prefer the ability to use AA cells as in emergency
rather than have proprietary betteries.....

Cheers,
David

I prefer the AA batteries, mostly because even NIMH and lithium are
readily available in most areas. They are also MUCH cheaper.
Old July 1st 04, 06:52 PM
David J Taylor

"mutt" wrote in message
. ..
um I have a Nikon coolpix 5700 and I bought the external battery pack so

COULD use AA cells
mutt

Yes, that's a great point about the Nikon Coolpix range - both Lithium and
AAs are supported. I have heard reports that people like the larger size
and shape with the AA adapter installed.

Cheers,
David

Old July 2nd 04, 04:59 AM
mutt

good point about the size and grip or to quote the guy at the camera
store..."with mitts like those you would want more to hang on to " lol
....what can i say i gots big hands

"David J Taylor" wrote
in message ...
. ..