Is the Olympus C-765 a good digital camera ?

Old November 8th 04, 04:34 AM
kf

Default Is the Olympus C-765 a good digital camera ?

Is the Olympus C-765 a good digital camera ?
It has 10x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom which is what I am after.
From the review sites I've seen with example pictures they look quite
nice.

Question will it do many shots at once where I can hold down the
button and it will do 20 pictures in a few seconds?

Is $585 a good price for the camera?
Is $245 a good price for the 512mb xd olympus memory card ?

The camera comes with a carry case, recharger and li-ion battery.
Should I buy a second li-ion battery and do these batteries have a
long life before requiring recharge ?

Thanks in advance.

Old November 8th 04, 10:36 AM
Justin Thyme

"kf" wrote in message

Is the Olympus C-765 a good digital camera ?

Yep
It has 10x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom which is what I am after.
From the review sites I've seen with example pictures they look quite
nice.

Question will it do many shots at once where I can hold down the
button and it will do 20 pictures in a few seconds?

Nope - about 5 shots burst.

Is $585 a good price for the camera?
Is $245 a good price for the 512mb xd olympus memory card ?

The camera comes with a carry case, recharger and li-ion battery.

I guess you could call it a carry case - more like just a soft cover.
Should I buy a second li-ion battery and do these batteries have a
long life before requiring recharge ?

All depends on your shooting habits. batteries are very good, but if you are
a heavy user, and insist on using the rear view screen, then probably should
get a 2nd battery.

Thanks in advance.

Old November 8th 04, 06:17 PM
Uh Oh

KF,
Got error message on my last reply so not sure if went through.
Anyway, just wanted to say that you can get a much better price for
this camera -- it's on sale for only $349 right now + no sales tax.
Check the review + availability he

http://digital-camera.review-center....SIN=B0001DKQXM

Olympus C765 4MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom

kf wrote in message . ..
Is the Olympus C-765 a good digital camera ?
It has 10x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom which is what I am after.
From the review sites I've seen with example pictures they look quite

Old November 9th 04, 05:18 AM
kf

On 8 Nov 2004 10:17:21 -0800, (Uh Oh)
wrote:

KF,
Got error message on my last reply so not sure if went through.
Anyway, just wanted to say that you can get a much better price for
this camera -- it's on sale for only $349 right now + no sales tax.
Check the review + availability he

That is US dollars. I am in Australia and the retail for these is $900
to $1000 for what I am getting with the extras.

Importing means NO warranty. I rather have a warranty and do not mind
paying extra for it.

kf wrote in message . ..
Is the Olympus C-765 a good digital camera ?
It has 10x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom which is what I am after.
From the review sites I've seen with example pictures they look quite