Well Anker has some pretty good customer service

Old November 11th 16, 04:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Well Anker has some pretty good customer service

Whether you need it or not. I bought 3 of the micro USB cables, and
was careful to avoid the charge-only cables. I was tired of plugging
in my phone, and not having it recognized by my PC. So I tried one of
the cables, same problem. Tried the phone's original cable, and it
worked every time. Tried the other 2 Anker cables, and none of the 3
worked.

So I called Anker, and they insisted the cables were data-capable, and
offered to replace all 3. I mentioned that it was absurd to think that
they could all be bad, but they insisted on replacing them, and even
sent the return shipping label. No waiting, no argument. That's pretty
good, but it remained absurd that they could all be bad. So sure
enough, I tried a cable with my tablet, and it worked. It turns out
that my phone's USB port, even though it's a standard port, is a bit
odd. The cables (Anker's & mine) looked identical, but it seems the
port on the phone is just the teensiest bit shallow, and the cables do
not go in as far as they should - except, coincidentally, for the HTC
cable.

So anyway, HTC phones suck, and Anker's customer service is great,
even if I really didn't need it.
Old November 11th 16, 04:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-11-11 04:09:48 +0000, Bill W said:

[...]

Anker runs a solid operation. Now dump that phone.

Savageduck

Old November 11th 16, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 11/10/2016 11:26 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2016-11-11 04:09:48 +0000, Bill W said:

[...]

I finally got around to putting some music on my iPhone. I also have a
bunch of music on my iPod, which is connected to my car as a music
source. Every so often, I get a message from my car that it can't find
my iPod, and then it takes the music from my iPhone, via a Bluetooth
connection. It's a minor annoyance, but I have to talk to the dealer
about it.

--
PeterN
Old November 16th 16, 02:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 11/10/2016 11:09 PM, Bill W wrote:
[...]

I've not had to avail myself of their customer service. I've bought
more than a few of their products and have been very happy with the
quality. Glad to hear your report.

Old November 16th 16, 04:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 09:05:52 -0500, PAS wrote:

[...]

Well, I'm even happier with their cables now. It wasn't actually the
phone's fault. I carry it in a belt holster, but I also had it upside
down (with the USB port facing up) in the holster so when I went to
answer a call, it would be oriented correctly in my hand when I pulled
it out. So the bizarre cause of all my problems was that when I had a
shirt hanging over the phone, small amounts of lint from the shirt
would get into the USB port. So over a couple of years, every time I
plugged a cable into the port, it would pack the lint in, until
finally, the cable would not go in far enough. I had to use a
dentist's type pick to scrape all that stuff out of the port. It took
like 15 minutes to get it all out.

So now those new cables plug all the way in, and they are very secure
when plugged in, making a very good, consistent connection. And they
appear to be very durable.