Rear back-up cameras mandated in new cars

Old May 25th 18, 02:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Rear back-up cameras mandated in new cars

On May 25, 2018, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Thursday, 24 May 2018 21:39:06 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:

Snip

Christians can identify the devil with whomever they like, but they
didn't invent the devil.

So who invented the devil ?, did he invent himself like God did ?

It’s all in the mind, you know.

Savageduck

Old May 25th 18, 10:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/25/2018 9:24 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 25, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Thu, 24 May 2018 21:00:06 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On May 24, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

Snip

Its only a few weeks since I last read 1984 and I'm damned if I can
make out much of a parallel.

Now try Animal Farm, and think of Trump.

Sorry. I meant Animal Farm. In fact I read all his books.

So have I, not recently, but many years ago. From "Down and Out in Paris”,
"Homage to Catalonia”, “The Road to Wigan Pier”, "Keep The Aspidistra
Flying”, and the two most usually considered, Animal Farm, and 1984. For me
it might be time for a reread.

You might also want to read some history books, concerning rise of
dictatorships. You appear to be an intelligent person. yet you don't
seem to understand the danger in placing the finger of a corrupt
megalomaniac over the nuclear button.

--
PeterN
Old May 25th 18, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 25, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

On May 24, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

Snip

Its only a few weeks since I last read 1984 and I'm damned if I can
make out much of a parallel.

Now try Animal Farm, and think of Trump.

Sorry. I meant Animal Farm. In fact I read all his books.

So have I, not recently, but many years ago. From "Down and Out in Paris”,
"Homage to Catalonia”, “The Road to Wigan Pier”, "Keep The Aspidistra
Flying”, and the two most usually considered, Animal Farm, and 1984. For
me
it might be time for a reread.

You might also want to read some history books, concerning rise of
dictatorships. You appear to be an intelligent person. yet you don't
seem to understand the danger in placing the finger of a corrupt
megalomaniac over the nuclear button.

Who are you addressing your remark to?

I have an avid interest in history, and I have a considerable library which
covers the stories of many of history’s megalomaniacal, power hungry
individuals, especially those of the Twentieth Century. I have read, and
understand works such as “The Proud Tower" and “The Guns of August" where
well intentioned alliances have hurled us into global catastrophe. I
understand how that conflict led us to the facist trio of Mussolini, Hitler,
and Franco, along with their mirror image, Stalin.

I also understand all too well the danger of having the finger of an
ignorant, corrupt, lying, megalomaniac over the nuclear button. I also fear
that it will take us 20-30 years to recover from this administration, their
threat to World peace, and the damage they have done to our democracy, and
the environment.

Savageduck

Old May 25th 18, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/25/2018 6:07 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 25, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

Eric, I thought.

I have an avid interest in history, and I have a considerable library which
covers the stories of many of history’s megalomaniacal, power hungry
individuals, especially those of the Twentieth Century. I have read, and
understand works such as “The Proud Tower" and “The Guns of August" where
well intentioned alliances have hurled us into global catastrophe. I
understand how that conflict led us to the facist trio of Mussolini, Hitler,
and Franco, along with their mirror image, Stalin.

I also understand all too well the danger of having the finger of an
ignorant, corrupt, lying, megalomaniac over the nuclear button. I also fear
that it will take us 20-30 years to recover from this administration, their
threat to World peace, and the damage they have done to our democracy, and
the environment.

As do I.
--
PeterN
Old May 25th 18, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 25, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

Check the attributes before you respond, they will tell the full story.

Old May 26th 18, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 25 May 2018 03:11:51 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 24 May 2018 21:39:06 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2018 05:30:46 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 24 May 2018 10:54:38 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 24 May 2018 02:45:24 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 24 May 2018 01:08:22 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 07:43:19 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 23 May 2018 14:48:02 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On May 23, 2018, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Wednesday, 23 May 2018 11:53:59 UTC+1, android wrote:

An act of God? I don't think soo... Try the devil!

The devil can't exist without God.

Neither exist without snake oil salesmen, and a receptive audience willing to
be led blindly to paradise.

The point was that the devil is the arch rival of God without a/the God they're can't be a devil as it was invented by christians

Umm - no. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil

In Christianity, the manifestation of the Devil is the Hebrew Satan; the primary opponent of God.[4][5] While in Christiany, the Devil was created by God,

in Absolute dualism, the Devil is alternatively seen as an independent principle besides the good God. Proponents of such dualism can be found in Zoroastrism, Manichaeism, Albanenses and partly in Catharism. Some other religious and philosophical views, like Thomism,[6] Kabbalah,[7] Bahaism, Sufism and Ahmadiyya, hold that evil has no ontological existence and is regarded as something illusory.

So who is the oppisute or buddha, who is opposite the prophet mohammad (peace be upon him). Sikhism ?, hindi ?

I presume you are being difficult rather than obtuse. My "Umm - no"
was directed at the last word of your text "...

Which last word ?
Most speak in sentances, so which last word.

Yes - you are being difficult. Are you bored or summat?

So will you answer the question or will, you again avoid it.
What last word were you refering to ?

You are chronolgically confused. I have already answered that
question. Just read the next paragraph.

as it was invented by
christians". My point was that it wasn't invented by Christians.

from :-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil#Etymology
Christianity identifies the Devil ("Satan") with the serpent who tempted Adam and Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, and describes him as a "fallen angel" who terrorizes the world through evil.

Christians can identify the devil with whomever they like, but they
didn't invent the devil.

So who invented the devil ?, did he invent himself like God did ?

remmebr at the beginging of the universe, before God created Heaven and earth in 7 days well 6 or whatever is claimed, so where did the devil come from the big bang .
God created EVERYTHING didn't he ?
Or do you believe that God is lying, you better be careful if you believe God is a liar you might end up in hell or Detriot[1]

[1] Quote from a southpark episoide where sadam hussain was sent to somewhere worse than hell IIRC.

Eric Stevens
Old May 26th 18, 01:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

On May 24, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

Snip

Its only a few weeks since I last read 1984 and I'm damned if I can
make out much of a parallel.

Now try Animal Farm, and think of Trump.

Sorry. I meant Animal Farm. In fact I read all his books.

So have I, not recently, but many years ago. From "Down and Out in Paris”,
"Homage to Catalonia”, “The Road to Wigan Pier”, "Keep The Aspidistra
Flying”, and the two most usually considered, Animal Farm, and 1984. For me
it might be time for a reread.

You might also want to read some history books, concerning rise of
dictatorships. You appear to be an intelligent person. yet you don't
seem to understand the danger in placing the finger of a corrupt
megalomaniac over the nuclear button.

Trump may be corrupt. I don't think he is a meglamaniac. His finger is
no more over the nuclear button than any president of the last 50
years.

What I do know, as an outside observer, the Democrats and liberals in
general have reacted more violently to Trump than any political
opposition to any president that I can recall. Rational discussion and
logic seems to have gone out the window and been replaced by virulent
animosity fueled by distortion and hate. From my point of view there
are no rational discussions of US politics.

Eric Stevens
Old May 26th 18, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 25 May 2018 15:07:27 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On May 25, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

I don't think they are responsible for the damage to your democracy as
much as they are responsible for it being revealed.

I am not continuing this discussion.

Eric Stevens
Old May 26th 18, 04:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/25/2018 6:53 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 25, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

Long day

Old May 26th 18, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

[...]

Perhaps I said that only because I know a lot of people who have dealt
with him.