Help finding golfers pouch for holdiing compact flash cards

Old January 9th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Help finding golfers pouch for holdiing compact flash cards

Hello Golfers! I need some help. Bret? Anyone?

I bought this pouch in a golf store many years ago, before
the digital era, and found it ideal for holding
compact flash cards:
http://www.clarkvision.com/photoinfo...2626.b-700.jpg

I use the three zippered sections for:

bottom: cards that are formatted, empty, and ready to use.

top: full cards that need to be downloaded.

middle: cards that have been downloaded so could be used again,
but still are full of images.

In general my method of operation is to not re-use a card until
all my cards are full (~28 cards comprising ~80 gigabytes).
I backup images to a laptop and an external hard drive (sometimes
two external hard drives). That way I have at least 3
complete backups of my images on a long trip. If I'm
without power for a while, no problem, I have plenty of
flash cards. If I run out of cards, they are all backed up
on hard drives, so I can recycle them again with another 80
GBytes, allowing ~160 GBytes total during a long trip
(next trip Tanzania, Africa).

My problem: I would like to get more of these pouches, but can't
find them in any golf store in the Denver area. Anyone have any
ideas, e.g. online? Or something similar? The thing I like about the
pouch is the vertical drop in of the cards. I like keeping the cards
in the plastic holders to keep dirt off the connectors.

Roger
Old January 9th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SimonLW

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Just an idea. If you know anyone who can sew, could make these and design
them better to your needs.
-S

Old January 9th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:55:42 -0500, "SimonLW" wrote:

[...]

or check the travel section at stores that sell luggage.
They have similar pouches for carrying passports, credit cards etc.
Old January 9th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Lucke

In article , change username to rnclark
wrote:

[...]

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_pr...xlPcktRckt.php

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard
Old January 9th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

"Ken Lucke" wrote in message

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_pr...xlPcktRckt.php

Very nice. I have been using a a couple of these 4-card case from Hakuba,
the DMSP-CF4, as shown here, because they are very sturdy stury and water
resistant. http://www.hakubausa.com/csite/c_pro...sp?cc=60&cs=30

Four cards in the case plus one in the camera has been enough for me in one
days shooting but I just upgraded to higher MP camera so I'll need to carry
more cards.

Old January 9th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

"Ken Lucke" wrote in message
http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_pr...xlPcktRckt.php

Just ordered it. I love the leash idea.

Old January 9th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Richard H.

I would like to get more of these pouches, but can't
find them in any golf store in the Denver area. Anyone have any
ideas, e.g. online? Or something similar?

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/239591
And nobody will want to steal it either... :-)

Cheers,
Richard
Old January 10th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Richard H. wrote:

I would like to get more of these pouches, but can't
find them in any golf store in the Denver area. Anyone have any
ideas, e.g. online? Or something similar?

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/239591
And nobody will want to steal it either... :-)

Cheers,
Richard

Richard,
Great! That is exactly (well the style) what I was looking for.
LOL!

Thanks,
Roger
Old January 11th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JC Dill

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:22:03 -0800, "Roger N. Clark (change username
to rnclark)" wrote:

Richard H. wrote:

I would like to get more of these pouches, but can't
find them in any golf store in the Denver area. Anyone have any
ideas, e.g. online? Or something similar?

http://www.golfsmith.com/products/239591
And nobody will want to steal it either... :-)

Cheers,
Richard

Richard,
Great! That is exactly (well the style) what I was looking for.

Using keywords from the page Richard found, I found this one:

http://www.epinions.com/content_139420733060

Unfortunately the link to "purchase" doesn't find this item. However,
with the keywords in this review perhaps you can find more pages.

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA
Old January 11th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jimmy

http://www.thegolfcollection.com/caddy_pouch.htm
http://innovagolf.com/gobagacbagca.html
These are somewhat different from Roger's picture. They looked like they
might fit my needs so I ordered a couple.