More for the Megapixel Debate.

Old September 30th 17, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default More for the Megapixel Debate.

On Sep 29, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 16:57:32 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 29, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 08:55:51 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 29 September 2017 16:31:01 UTC+1, PeterN wrote:
On 9/28/2017 9:39 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 9/27/17 PDT 11:46 PM, android wrote:
In . com,
Alfred Molon wrote:

In , android
says...

Seems you are posting everything twice.

Your NNTP server is broken!

Unlikely. It's only your posts (and not all of thI'd em) which show up
twice.

Sure it is! It doesn't honor the supersede command... :-ppp

I'd be surprised if Eternal Sept. honored supersedes from other servers
after a few minutes. I love E-S.

How does it deal with cross posting?

What about cross dressing ?
What about salad dressing?

...and if you are Carmen Miranda, there is fruit salad dressing.

... and if you were Hugh Heffner there were models undressing.

I understand that Trump also embraced that philosophy with both tiny hands.

Savageduck

Old September 30th 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
g_wolf@howling_mad.org

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 00:25:57 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 9/27/2017 1:33 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 27, 2017, Davoud wrote
(in article ):

Savageduck:

A little food for thought. How many megapixels do you need?
http://www.sebastianboatca.com/how-many-megapixels-do-you-need/

Utter nonsense. How can I tell anything about image size and resolution
by looking at poorly exposed, miniaturized jpegs on a web page?

It is after all just the author expressing his opinion, as many blog authors
do, and the jpegs presented are fine for viewing in the context of the blog,
rather than intense pixel peeking. Hardly “miniaturized jpegs”, but sized
for online blog viewing.

I posted it as an article which might be of some interest to folks who
subscribe to r.p.d, or a.p as it is far more on topic than much of what
passes through these photo NGs these days.

True, but surely you knew it would provoke this type of discussion. In
an ideal world the discussion would be without personal insults, and
would not devolve into a tool war.

I think that insults and tool wars seem to be the raison d'etre for
some people.

Old September 30th 17, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Alfred Molon wrote:

In , android
says...

Seems you are posting everything twice.

Your NNTP server is broken!

Unlikely. It's only your posts (and not all of thI'd em) which show up
twice.

Sure it is! It doesn't honor the supersede command... :-ppp

I'd be surprised if Eternal Sept. honored supersedes from other servers
after a few minutes. I love E-S.

How does it deal with cross posting?

What about cross dressing ?
What about salad dressing?

...and if you are Carmen Miranda, there is fruit salad dressing.

... and if you were Hugh Heffner there were models undressing.

I understand that Trump also embraced that philosophy with both tiny hands.

A message from my spokes-cat #Squiky:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/669f4kkziz...rab%20WHAT.jpg
--
==
Later...

Old September 30th 17, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 29, 2017, Ron C wrote
(in ):

Alfred Molon wrote:

In , android
says...

Seems you are posting everything twice.

Your NNTP server is broken!

Unlikely. It's only your posts (and not all of thI'd em) which show
up
twice.

Sure it is! It doesn't honor the supersede command... :-ppp

I'd be surprised if Eternal Sept. honored supersedes from other
servers
after a few minutes. I love E-S.

How does it deal with cross posting?

What about cross dressing ?
What about salad dressing?

...and if you are Carmen Miranda, there is fruit salad dressing.

... and if you were Hugh Heffner there were models undressing.

I understand that Trump also embraced that philosophy with both tiny hands.

A message from my spokes-cat #Squiky:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/669f4kkziz1xxj7/Squiky%20says%20Grab%20WHAT.jpg

Squiky knows.

Savageduck

Old September 30th 17, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Noons

On 29/09/2017 3:33 @wiz, gray_wolf wrote:
I did some killer shots with my Nikon D80 and a couple of Photogenic
strobes especially portrait stuff. Even my buddy with his S5000+ Canon
was impressed with a few of my shots. I picked up a D90 along the way.
Loved the way it handled especially working in manual mode. The I got a
D3400 with the two kit lens for $499. And it is definitely sharp but I
hate the interface. It's not much fun shooting in in the manual mode.
The D80 has a certain charm for sure.

I use mine mostly in CW metering.

The D80 has a quaint matrix meter that gives meter "priority" to the
area covered by the AF sensor! Good for certain kinds of shots, but
lethal for just about everything else.

Fortunately a simple switch to good old CW metering and the problem goes
away.

And the colours on the D80 are just so saturated! Don't know if it is
something in the way it handles RAW, but same shots same conditions,
with my D200 don't come out with anywhere near as much colour bang!

Only thing that still drives me mad with it is its tendency to lock the
shutter when the AF is not finding perfect focus. Can be very annoying.
Although I've learned to lock the focus where I want and reframe/shoot.

Quaint camera. I reuse it often, if nothing else just to keep it working!

Old September 30th 17, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
Jenny Telia wrote:

On 28/09/2017 08:48, android wrote:
In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Sep 27, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In , android
says...

Seems you are posting everything twice.

Your NNTP server is broken!

Unlikely. It's only your posts (and not all of them) which show up
twice.

Android is full of second thoughts, and edits.

Whatever. Your server is broooken! Since it does not honor the supersede
command... :-ppp

More like your brain is broken. Since it does not seem to honor the
'check before you post' edict some silly emoticon here

:-pppppppp
--
teleportation kills
Old September 30th 17, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 9/29/2017 11:51 AM, nospam wrote:

that's the only thing i cropped, because it's wrong.

So therefore if anyone thinks something you said is wrong, it's OK to
crop it out.

Netiquette encourages you to snip everything but that that you intend to
reply to.
--
teleportation kills
Old September 30th 17, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article ,

From: Eric Stevens
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Subject: More for the Megapixel Debate.

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 10:54:46 +1300

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 07:15:16 +0200, android wrote:

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

I've been subscribing to Usenet for about 25 years

Oki.. 20 here.

and its always been
that many news servers ignore 'cancel' notices. There was a historical
very good reason for this: too many smart arses were cancelling other
peoples' posts despite the best efforts of news server operators to
prevent forgeries.

Better to cancel those posters then...

Fake addresses too.

Just too hard. Easier to ignore them.

Eric Stevens

Oki... Trying to help out he

Protocols are just like traffic regulations. Keep them or change them.
Would you believe that both France and Sweden once drove on the left
side of the road. We got ALOT of roadkill in from Germany and Norway.
:-ppp

Made lot's of free fresh organs available for transplants though. :-))
--
teleportation kills
Old September 30th 17, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , android
says...
Would you believe that both France and Sweden once drove on the left
side of the road. We got ALOT of roadkill in from Germany and Norway.

Are you from Sweden? Just curious.
--
Alfred Molon

Old September 30th 17, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , android
says...
Would you believe that both France and Sweden once drove on the left
side of the road.

Well, according to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-_...t-hand_traffic

the French switched from left to right already in 1792 - quite a while
ago...
--
Alfred Molon