Darkroom software Help

Old August 10th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

Default Darkroom software Help

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:13:33 +0200, Claudio
Bonavolta wrote:

Something related to photography ?

Thanks,
Claudio Bonavolta

August 10, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

'Nicetime'

regards,
--le

Old August 11th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Claudio Bonavolta" wrote:
Hmmm, couldn't you let the Chromegacontrol always ON an insert a serial
timer/switch between it and the lamp ?

Not this one, Claudio. If I turn it on with the switch on 'focus' (which
means 'on') big sparks jump out of the lamp wires, the lamp burns out, and
smoke just ruins the whole day.

I apparently have a bad unit.

Oh, and so does my enlarger.

Old August 11th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Claudio Bonavolta" :

I haven't thought of this one, not bad !
I did 7 years of motorcycle racing :-))

Hey, my Brother! I raced Gary Nixon''s (USA) TD 25O machines, and also a
Rickman-Trident that's in the history books! Don't ya love it!

'course, that was before the big thing that keeps me off of anything on two
wheels, but we digress.

Do your thang!

Old August 11th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Greg "_"" wrote in message
Darn. It doesn't. The Chromegacontrol is a power stabilizer, transformer,
capacitor and timer all in one.. one honkin big POS. I'm now looking for
conventional head to get past that.

One can get a standard power supply which weighs half as much and can be
attached to a separate timer of choice. So there really is no need to
get a new lamphouse if that one works.

So you say. Wish to be specific? I'll buy it... then hound your ass to hell
if it doesn't work. Sound fair to you?

Old August 11th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote in message
Of Java I know nothing [...]

That's a good thing, Dan. Java is a horrible non-language. It's got a syntax
that tries to be similar to C but the memory management of friggin BASIC. A
total thrasher. Stupid. It's for lobotomized types who want to be
"programmers". Clueless wannabes.

IMHO of course!

Old August 12th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
nathantw

"Claudio Bonavolta" wrote in message
j a écrit :
"nathantw" wrote in message
m...

Wow, that's pretty interesting stuff. $300 for something a $0.05 pencil
and paper can do.

Wow, .05 cent pencil! I can do it in my head for nothing!

What a head :-)

No kidding. I know keeping records about exposure and all is important, but
he can keep all those things in his head? I gotta admit that his memory is
extraordinary if he can keep track of everything he's done in the darkroom
after a few months or even years.

Old August 12th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"nathantw" wrote:

No kidding. I know keeping records about exposure and all is important,
but he can keep all those things in his head? I gotta admit that his
memory is extraordinary if he can keep track of everything he's done in
the darkroom after a few months or even years.

This might seem unbelievable, but I can tell you exactly what film,
developer, time, temp, shutter speed, aperture, lens, camera and photopaper
and developer I used for many pictures I did thirty years ago. But today I
can't remember what's in film holder #4 without notes.

Old August 22nd 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
odonoghue

take a look at this web page — it may be of interest:
http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...fessional.html

cheers,
mike

j wrote:
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
ink.net...

"j" wrote

Can I run an Omega Chromegacontrol power unit from [a Darkroom Automation
F-Stop] timer?

http://www.nolindan.com/da/fstop/

If the Chromegatrol can plug into a regular ole'
GraLab/Time-O-Lite/Beseler timer then the answer is
yes.

Darn. It doesn't. The Chromegacontrol is a power stabilizer, transformer,
capacitor and timer all in one.. one honkin big POS. I'm now looking for a
conventional head to get past that.