Might be the end of the line for Agfa Photo...

Old October 19th 05, 09:43 PM

Default Might be the end of the line for Agfa Photo...

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...285533.html%3E

Old October 19th 05, 10:39 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 10/19/2005 1:43 PM spake thus:

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...285533.html%3E

So the question now becomes: who's going to buy the pieces? Whatever parts get
bought will not be dead. It's not as if this very thing hasn't happened many
times in the past to product lines still being sold today.

--
.... asked to comment on Michigan governor George Romney's remark that
the army had "brainwashed" him in Vietnam—-a remark which knocked Romney

(Eugene McCarthy, onetime candidate for POTUS)

Old October 20th 05, 12:16 AM
LR Kalajainen

I just hope somebody gets the rights to keep on producing MCC Classic.
I've come to love that paper as well as any I've ever printed with and
better than most. It's now my standard. I reckon I have a two-year
supply (bought when Agfa first went into bankruptcy), but I hope someone
else will be making it by then. Too bad.

Old October 20th 05, 12:51 AM
Roman J. Rohleder

David Nebenzahl schrieb:
On 10/19/2005 1:43 PM spake thus:

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...285533.html%3E
So the question now becomes: who's going to buy the pieces?

Fuji is interested in the Muenchen/Peiting plant, the division
developing and producing the laboratory equipment.

The trustee (?) said in an interview yesterday that they might find an
agreement with Fuji today and that they´d take over 60 employees.

It may mean that the future of Fuji´s "Frontiers" may be the Agfa
Dlab2.

The other plants are the chemical plant in Vaihingen/Enz near
Stuttgart, the coating lines in Leverkusen, the confection line in
Windhagen and the administration in Cologne.

Whatever parts get bought will not be dead.

No. But Agfa as a company with some 130 years of tradition and history
is dead by the end of the months - Agfaphoto in break-up, Agfa-Gevaert
seperating into two entities for medical and graphic imaging by early
November.

Farewell, red rhombus. I´ll miss it. And good luck to those affected
in their employment.

Gruss,
Roman
--
"Ich fuehle Portraits.
ich schmecke Landschaften.
Old October 20th 05, 01:54 AM
UC

Althouigh I feel sorry for those affacted, I must say 'good riddance'
to Agfa film and paper. They suck...

Old October 20th 05, 02:24 AM
Matt Clara

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
news:1129757944.ff53a42b1902eaf79a400cda5a19b428@t eranews...

... asked to comment on Michigan governor George Romney's remark that
the army had "brainwashed" him in Vietnam—-a remark which knocked Romney
out of the running for the Republican nomination—-McCarthy quipped,
"I think in that case a light rinse would have been sufficient."

(Eugene McCarthy, onetime candidate for POTUS)

Since your sig file is longer than your reply, I'm going to to take this
opportunity to change the subject and say, "speaking of Michigan's
governors, here's some photos I took of Jenny G late last spring:
http://www.mda.state.mi.us/galleries...hon/index.html (if the photos
seem oversaturated, blame my monitor at work!)"

;-)

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old October 20th 05, 09:29 AM
Ralf R. Radermacher

UC wrote:

They suck...

Just like you.

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de
Old October 20th 05, 02:46 PM
Scott Schuckert

In article .com, UC
wrote:

Althouigh I feel sorry for those affacted, I must say 'good riddance'
to Agfa film and paper. They suck...

I'm told the polite way to say this is "That turns out not to be the
case..."
Old October 21st 05, 05:57 PM
UC

Rodinal is ****...

Rob Novak wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:16:06 -0400, LR Kalajainen
wrote:

I just hope somebody gets the rights to keep on producing MCC Classic.

Argh - one word: Rodinal.

--
Rob on the Web: http://rob.rnovak.net

Old October 21st 05, 06:03 PM
Rod Smith

In article ,
Rob Novak writes:

Argh - one word: Rodinal.

Check out Calbe R09, available from J&C (http://www.jandcphoto.com). It
and Agfa's Rodinal are both derived from the original Rodinal. I've not
used Calbe R09, but the claim I've seen is that it produces results that
are almost identical to those of Agfa's Rodinal, so if you like Rodinal,
it's worth investigating Calbe R09. (Apparently Calbe R09 uses slightly
different dilutions than Agfa's Rodinal, though, so you may need to look
into that detail.) Photographer's Formulary
(http://www.photoformulary.com) also sells something they call a
"Rodinal-like" developer, but based on the description, it comes as a
powder. Probably it's just one of the published Rodinal formulas, like the
one at http://www.jackspcs.com/frodinal.htm. Mixing it yourself is
possible, but requires handling potassium hydroxide, which is nasty stuff.
Ask about this before buying the PF kit.

--
Rod Smith,
http://www.rodsbooks.com