hp printer make pc freeze

Old January 7th 05, 07:37 PM
pat

Default hp printer make pc freeze

I just got a hp psc 2410 photosmart printer and after installing and I =
want to restart I get a blue screen error that reads (A Fatal exception =
EI has occurred at 0028:FF0E33F7 in VxD opennhi (io) )and I need to =
restart manually
and when shutting down it freezes on window is shutting down. if I =
uninstall the printer every thing works fine but it will do the same =
thing when I reinstall the printer can some one help thanks [[pat]]
Old January 7th 05, 08:59 PM
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

go to HP's website and DL and install the latest drivers for you printer
If it something wrong with the printer HP should already know about it and
have a fix up,
if they don't it might just be a conflict with your system and some other
software you have installed

Old January 7th 05, 09:04 PM
Ron Hunter

pat wrote:
I just got a hp psc 2410 photosmart printer and after installing and
I want to restart I get a blue screen error that reads (A Fatal
exception EI has occurred at 0028:FF0E33F7 in VxD opennhi (io) )and I
need to restart manually and when shutting down it freezes on window
is shutting down. if I uninstall the printer every thing works fine
but it will do the same thing when I reinstall the printer can some
one help thanks [[pat]]

My best suggestion is to upgrade to WinXP. Earlier version of Windows
had real problems with running USB interfaces.

Old January 8th 05, 11:55 PM
JohnR66

Get a memory tester and check your RAM. I've seen this after installing
programs and it turns out the memory had a bad area of addresses. The driver
program gets loaded in this area and poof. Of course it could be other
possibilities too. Just something to check.
John

Old January 9th 05, 12:10 PM
HRosita

What you describe is typical of a bad driver.
What operating system are you running?
Go to the HP site and download a current driver for you printer.
Follow instruction on how to install the printer and when it asks for a driver
point to the driver you just downloaded.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...303753&lc=en&c
c=us&dlc=en&submit.y=6&submit.x=8&lang=en&cc=us
Rosita