Canon A70 How do I expose dust shutter mechanism to clean?

Old November 2nd 04, 08:03 AM
Roger

Default Canon A70 How do I expose dust shutter mechanism to clean?

Hi

The dust shutter gates/barriers get stuck.
I think it is probably some dirt and would like to remove the front plate which covers the
mechanism.

Can anybody help on how the front is opened?

Thanks

Roger

Old November 3rd 04, 01:32 AM
tomcas

Roger wrote:
Hi

The dust shutter gates/barriers get stuck.
I think it is probably some dirt and would like to remove the front plate which covers the
mechanism.

Can anybody help on how the front is opened?

Thanks

Roger

It's a time consuming job and not easy. Unless you are a serious
hobbyist, "if it ain't broke (or it still partially works), don't fix
it". If you have the time, a 000 screwdriver, and a lot of confidence
this may help.
http://www.f20c.com/stuff/canon/part...0%20%20A70.pdf
Old November 3rd 04, 08:04 AM
Roger

Thanks.

I have looked at the exploded diagrams.

Do you know if the front barrel cup (item 1 on page 4) is pressed in and can be prised out or does
it have a thread and need to be unscrewed?

I would not like to dismantle the whole camera and approach from the rear if I can clean the
mechanism from the front.

Thanks

Roger

Old November 3rd 04, 11:52 AM
tomcas

Roger wrote:

Hi

The dust shutter gates/barriers get stuck.
I think it is probably some dirt and would like to remove the front plate which covers the
mechanism.

Can anybody help on how the front is opened?

Thanks

Roger

It's a time consuming job and not easy. Unless you are a serious
hobbyist, "if it ain't broke (or it still partially works), don't fix
it". If you have the time, a 000 screwdriver, and a lot of confidence
this may help.
http://www.f20c.com/stuff/canon/part...0%20%20A70.pdf

Sorry, I don't know how that part is attached. It looks too thin to have
threads. My guess is it is either stuck on with double stick tape or
snapped on.

Old November 4th 04, 05:58 PM
MBOSCHERT

Try a little compressed air first. Then cycle it on/off a few times.
Old November 4th 04, 05:58 PM
MBOSCHERT

Try a little compressed air first. Then cycle it on/off a few times.
Old November 12th 04, 06:24 AM
Roger

Thanks

I have had some success but there must be a piece of dirt that gets blown around rather than blown
out. Camera operates through about 6 cycles and then the shutter either doesn't open fully or
doesn't close. Tried blowing out in all positions.

I'll keep trying.

Roger

Old November 15th 04, 01:27 AM
Add AU

Hi,
I do not have any problem with my A60, and can't help Roger,
but I am happy to have this pdf in case.
Thank you Tom.
Alain
PS: good luck to you Roger

wrote: