Nikon EN-EL14 battery

Old March 3rd 15, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Nikon EN-EL14 battery

On Mon, 2 Mar 2015 05:29:33 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 27 February 2015 22:34:04 UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:42:09 -0800 (PST), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 27 February 2015 04:09:04 UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:06:09 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

A battery that was originally 1000 maH which now has a capacity of 50%
can of course be brought to full charge as defined by voltage...

no charge is something else measured in coulombs not volts or amps.

Battery chargers don't normally count Coulombs or Joules. They decide
when the have got there by measuring Volts.

not with a constant voltage charger, they don't.

We started off talking about lithium batteries but I suspect you have
switched to lead-acid. Either way there is no such thing as a constant
voltage charger:

yes there are.

the output voltage depends on the state of the
battery being charged.
No it doessn;t they are constant current charges typical for Nicds

constant voltage charges put out a constant voltage irrespective of the battery being charged.

Even into a short circuit?

a short circuit is not a battery.

Some batteries have short circuits. What does your constant voltage
charger try to then? Does it still try to maintain a constant voltage?

Eric Stevens
Old March 3rd 15, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Would you
include an Edison cell battery?

even more all over the map.

I'm the one who wanted to pin things down, remember?

then why bring up yet another diversion?

Diversion from what? Even when I asked you, you wouldn't say.

from the original topic, constant voltage chargers.

Charging what?

batteries

Under what circumstances?

when they're not fully charged.

are you actually asking that???

Doesn't matter. I've given up.

ok
Old March 3rd 15, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

BTW I am still waiting for you to show an example of where I bashed Apple.

claiming the iphones bend when they don't.

But some of them have done when they failed the hip pocket test. We
all know that. Even you know that.

any phone can bend if you try hard enough.

the entire bendgate has come and gone.

apple sold *significantly* more iphone 6/6+ in the past 6 months than
they did last fall when bendgate was supposedly an issue, but the
complainers have faded into the woodwork because they know there really
wasn't any issue. it just made for good linkbait.
Old March 3rd 15, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

an iphone will not bend in normal use. period.

you have to intentionally want to bend it. simply putting it in a
pocket will *not* cause it to bend. this has been tested by several
tech blogs.

... and at least two users, by the sound of it.

out of 100+ million which makes it a non-issue.

I bet the Apple legal department will not agree with you. They will be
watching the guy with third degree burns like a hawk.

what for? that apple sold a known defective product?

You aren't really that dim, surely. They will be waiting for a claim
from this guy against Apple.

doubt it, but if he does sue, apple legal will respond, as they would
any lawsuit.

This guys third degree burns are much
more severe than those suffered by the woman who spilled a hot cup of
coffee from McDonalds on her lap. They won't rest unntil any possible
action is out of time.

not even remotely close to the same thing.

the mcdonalds coffee cup lawsuit was entirely mcdonald's fault and by
their own admission, where they sold food unfit for human consumption
and with a willful disregard for the safety of their patrons.

that isn't even remotely close to anything apple has ever done.
Old March 3rd 15, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

it has nothing whatsoever with bending the phone, which requires an
insane amount of pressure.

Insane amount of pressure or not, both phones were in pockets and the
owner bent over in one way or another. Two is not a good sample but it
does suggest a pattern.

no they weren't. the phones in question were between someone's fingers
and you could see their veins bursting, it was that much pressure.

and 2 out of 100+ million is not a pattern.

You have changed the subject.

We are discussing the phones which caught fire, not the phones which
were the subject of the test by magazines.

*you* said two caught fire.

apple has sold over 100 million iphone 6/6+. i just did the math.

I can't see judge accepting that as a excuse.

why not? it's not any higher than the industry defect rate.

and apple doesn't even make the batteries anyway. they buy them.
Old March 3rd 15, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

the output voltage depends on the state of the
battery being charged.
No it doessn;t they are constant current charges typical for Nicds

constant voltage charges put out a constant voltage irrespective of the
battery being charged.

Even into a short circuit?

a short circuit is not a battery.

Some batteries have short circuits.

if they're defective, maybe.

What does your constant voltage
charger try to then? Does it still try to maintain a constant voltage?

shuts down.
Old March 3rd 15, 04:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:17:02 -0500, nospam
wrote:

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2014/05/27/11887664/Iron%20Edison%20USA%20Series%20NiFe%20Battery.JPG
or http://tinyurl.com/pnzwnja

Old March 3rd 15, 04:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:17:04 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

BTW I am still waiting for you to show an example of where I bashed Apple.

claiming the iphones bend when they don't.

But some of them have done when they failed the hip pocket test. We
all know that. Even you know that.

any phone can bend if you try hard enough.

So what's wrong with claiming iPhones can bend?

Old March 3rd 15, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:17:05 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

an iphone will not bend in normal use. period.

you have to intentionally want to bend it. simply putting it in a
pocket will *not* cause it to bend. this has been tested by several
tech blogs.

... and at least two users, by the sound of it.

out of 100+ million which makes it a non-issue.

I bet the Apple legal department will not agree with you. They will be
watching the guy with third degree burns like a hawk.

what for? that apple sold a known defective product?

You aren't really that dim, surely. They will be waiting for a claim
from this guy against Apple.

doubt it, but if he does sue, apple legal will respond, as they would
any lawsuit.

And, according to you, Apple legal will be caught flat-footed.

This guys third degree burns are much
more severe than those suffered by the woman who spilled a hot cup of
coffee from McDonalds on her lap. They won't rest unntil any possible
action is out of time.

not even remotely close to the same thing.

Agreed. And which do you think is the more serious injury?

the mcdonalds coffee cup lawsuit was entirely mcdonald's fault and by
their own admission, where they sold food unfit for human consumption
and with a willful disregard for the safety of their patrons.

That's your choice of words.

Old March 3rd 15, 04:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 21:17:07 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

the output voltage depends on the state of the
battery being charged.
No it doessn;t they are constant current charges typical for Nicds

constant voltage charges put out a constant voltage irrespective of the
battery being charged.

Even into a short circuit?

a short circuit is not a battery.

Some batteries have short circuits.

if they're defective, maybe.

What does your constant voltage
charger try to then? Does it still try to maintain a constant voltage?

shuts down.

So it's not constant voltage into a short circuit. I didn't think it
would be.

Eric Stevens

Nikon Battery Rob Digital SLR Cameras 0 March 18th 13 05:27 AM
Nikon D300 Digital SLR Camera with Nikon 18-200mm VR DX Lens + MB-D10 Battery Grip + Anna1 General Photography Techniques 0 December 22nd 10 02:03 AM
Question about Nikon Battery charger MH-30 (for Nikon F5) [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 0 December 19th 09 12:43 AM
FS in Ottawa Canada nikon F80 / nikon lens / sigma lens / kirk shoulder stock / nikon battery pack Michel General Equipment For Sale 1 October 2nd 05 01:57 PM
FS in Ottawa Canada nikon F80 / nikon lens / sigma lens / kirk shoulder stock / nikon battery pack Michel 35mm Equipment for Sale 1 October 2nd 05 01:57 PM