Lightroom Mobile Available

Old April 13th 14, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Lightroom Mobile Available

On 2014-04-13 00:12:52 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:46:20 -0700, Savageduck

On 2014-04-12 20:59:52 +0000, RichA said:

On Friday, April 11, 2014 2:04:55 PM UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
For those of you using LR5 and/or CC, and own an iPad Adobe has
released Lightroom Mobile. There are a few alternatives for those not
using CC.

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotc...-solution.html

Editing

images

on an iPad or phone? Yeeesh!

With the iPhone I am inclined to agree with you, but an iPad combined
with Photoshop Touch and/or the new Lightroom Mobile is a quite capable
image editing tool when away from your desktop, but you wouldn't know
that as you are particularly averse to both Apple and Adobe products.

I have both an Apple iPad and Adobe products. As a CC subscriber, I
was provided with the download. I don't expect ever to use it.

I am not suggesting/recommending this to other than the current
faithful. I also see little use for LR Mobile other than moving an LR5
collection to the iPad to use as a portfolio.

There are certainly people who will, and people to whom it will be a
good thing. I hope, though, (and probably in vain) that this will not
turn into another one of those threads where a product is pushed by
those who have an interest or need, and those that don't have an
interest or need are accused of being Luddites and unwilling to "let
the computer do the work" and make things *lots* easier.

If asked, recommend and explain. If not asked, just do what you think
is best for you and leave the rest of us alone.

To those that this is not applicable, just ignore this post and carry
on with whatever it is you use.

Savageduck

Old April 13th 14, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_4_]

On 4/11/2014 6:06 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , J. Clarke
wrote:

For those of you using LR5 and/or CC, and own an iPad Adobe has
released Lightroom Mobile. There are a few alternatives for those not
using CC.

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotc...s-mobile-with-
new-ipad-solution.html

Subscriptionware.

The software companies are the boss. Companies like Adobe and
Microsoft tell us how we are going to compute. Take it or screw off.

Or learn to live with open source or learn to write code and roll your
own.

good luck on writing your own version of lightroom, nevermind two
versions, one mobile and one desktop, that sync.

Most people are too busy earning money to be bothered rolling their own.
Some aren't.

the ones who do bother writing their own rarely do as good of a job as
the commercial companies with a big budget and big development team.

You learned that from personal experience.

--
PeterN
Old April 13th 14, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Another snappy comeback

--
PeterN
Old April 14th 14, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Tim Conway[_2_]

On 2014-04-11 21:10:43 +0000, Wally said:

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:04:55 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

For those of you using LR5 and/or CC, and own an iPad Adobe has
released Lightroom Mobile. There are a few alternatives for those not
using CC.

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotc...-solution.html

Subscriptionware.

The

software

companies are the boss. Companies like Adobe and
Microsoft tell us how we are going to compute. Take it or screw off.

You are welcome to your opinion. However, the Adobe offerings are a
useful
tool for those of us who have chosen to go down that road (I can't speak
for the MS products as I don't use them), and there are at least 8 of
the
regulars in these photo news groups (Win & OSX users) who have made that
choice. Also a few of us also own iPads.

...and the $9.99/month subscription for the Photography program when
compared with the software cost plus regular upgrades, is a bargain,
especially for those of us who were ready to jump off the adobe upgrade
treadmill.

Thank you Mr Duck for the info.

If I ever get to upgrade my ancient Compaq Presario XP machine, I am a
prime
candidate for that. Definately a good point of $9.95/mo being much
cheaper
than the constant upgrade cycle of the old days.

It is unfortunate that the latest Adobe CC software isn't supported on the
ancient OSes, that is true for XP and the mature versions of OSX. PS CC
and LR5 require an OS update.

Windows minimum requirements:
Intel Premium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 (2 GHz or faster)
MS Windows 7 + SP1. Win 8, or Win 8.1
Min 1 GB RAM.

Mac OS:
Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support.
Mac OS X v10.7, v10.8, v10.9
Min 1 GB RAM

Now that MS has dropped XP support, perhaps an update might be in your
future.

...or you could join those of us in the Mac World where you would have the
latest OS and still be able to run your Win XP stuff. Along with OSX 10.9
I run Win XP Pro SP3 under VMWare Fusion on this Mac. There are some
bargains in 2-3 year old used Macs which will do all you need.

Thanks much for the advice. Definitely worth considering.